Dr. Steven Horan, MD

Dr. Steven Horan, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Steve Horan is a native of Colorado and attended the University of Colorado where he received a bachelor's and master's degree in molecular biology and neurobiology, respectively. He completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center.After residency, Dr. Horan participated in a sports medicine fellowship at UCHSC, where he acted as one of the team physicians for both the University of Denver and the University of Colorado. He also has served on the admissions committee at UCHSC School of Medicine since 2000.He has been in private practice since 2000 and was the medical director of the PGA's International Tournament at Castle Pines. Dr. Horan is very involved in local high school athletics, particularly in the Southwest Denver metro region, and he is also involved with the American Physical Therapy Association and remains on staff at Denver Health Medical Center.

Learn about Dr. Horan

Video

See how frequently Dr. Horan performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Knee Sprain
Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain
Joint Pain

Dr. Horan's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Horan ""I feel that our goal is to get the patient back as quickly and completely as possible, to the activity level that they were at prior to their injury.""

• Adult Orthopedic Surgery

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Tendon Repair
  • Tendon and Bursa Injection
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Surgery

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Undergraduate School | Graduated 1987
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1994
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009
    Other Education | Completed 1989

Dr. Horan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Horan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Horan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Horan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Horan to family and friends
Dr. Horan's Performance
Highlands Ranch |
Dr. Horan is a competent, thorough surgeon and caring doctor. He spent time answering all my questions and going over my procedure in detail prior to removing the bone spur in my shoulder.
Littleton, CO |
I chose Dr. Horan because his office was convenient! I lucked out and found a talented, professional, and patient-friendly surgeon who took care of my problem promptly and with excellent results. I would not hesitate for a moment to utilize Dr. Horan's services again.
in Aurora, CO |
I was most please with Dr Horan. He assessed my condition, gave me a clear & concise description of the problem & the solution! He & his staff are very friendly & the total appointment was very time efficient. I will recommend this practice to everyone who needs this speciality.
in Littleton Co |
Dr Horan is one of the best physicians I have ever seen. Always on time, explains everything in a way that makes sense to the patient. He's just "the best". I never hesitate to recommend him and the OPC clinics.
Littleton, CO |
Great doctor. He knew within a matter of minutes what was going on with my hip. I did feel rushed and he didn't spend much time with me. I had back pain too, but didn't even get a chance to mention it. Did not have to wait very long at all in the waiting room before being seen. I will definitely go again when needed, but I will talk faster this time to get everything in :)
in Littleton, CO |
Dr. Horan and his entire staff are friendly, personable and professional. Dr. Horan is very knowledgeable in his field and is very thorough at diagnosing and explaining a problem and the treatment needed. He provides options for treatment, explaining each in detail, and allows the patient to make the decision on which treatment to move forward with. I enjoy the visits I have with him and his team, and always leave feeling well cared for and confident in results.
Simply the best.
in Morrison, CO |
Dr. Horan is very easy to work with. He made sure I had every question answered well. Dr. Horan is not the typical Dr. who is quite sure he knows much more that everyone around him. He spoke in language even I could understand. He made me very comfortable. His staff is likewise as easy to deal with. they made sure I was taken care of in every way. Jim Jackson
in Denver, CO |
Friendly and professional. Doesn't waste time, gets right to the issue.
in Lakewood CO |
I have had both of my shoulders worked on by Dr. Horan and both were very successful. The initial consultation, day of surgery and the follow up for both (18 months apart), were straight forward and well communicated. My experience in recovery time was very short, only needed Advil, started self directed PT within two weeks. Whole hearted recommendation.
Littleton, CO |
Dr. Horan is an amazing physician. He is very knowledgable and diagnosed my problem immediately based on my symptoms, then confirmed the diagnosis using x-ray imagery. He explained everything in laymens terms, responded to my questions and made sure I understood his responses. I was very, very impressed, I highly recommend him as one of the finest Physicians I have ever seen. And I am 57 years old, so I have seen my share.
Denver, CO |
First appointment with Dr. Horan. I had been having a lot of knee pain & limited mobility for a couple of weeks. Dr. Horan did a thorough exam, took x-rays and reviewed results with me. Very thorough and professional. I have already referred Dr. Horan to friends and family.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Horan has been wonderful from the start of my experience with him. He's very knowledgeable and takes the time to fully explain things so that you are able to understand your injury and the surgical procedure.
Littleton, CO |
Dr. Horan is awesome! He explained everything and gave me options. He is confident and a great surgeon. He took great care of me!
in Lone Tree, CO |
Dr. Horan and his staff are very friendly, and efficient! They are on time with your appointment and you don't feel rushed. Dr. Horan is very personable, and takes his time to answer any questions you have. My family has been using him for years, and while it's not that close to my home, it's truly worth the drive.
in Littleton, CO |
Very likely to recommend to a family member. I got in and out both times I saw him.
Littleton, CO |
He is an excellent physician. I was referred to him for a second opinion and would never return to my original surgeon. Dr. Horan listens, explains what needs to be done, and I feel confident in his skillls. I highly recommend him!
Littleton, CO |
Dr. Horan is one of the best doctors I know -- and I've worked with a bunch of them! He listens to what the patient says and asks questions that give him the information he needs for smart decisions on treatment. He explains things in clear language, not "medicalese" so that you know exactly what to expect. Oh, and he doesn't keep you waiting for a month of Sundays! ;)
Denver, CO |
Dr. Horan made me feel very comfortable with a situation I was very apprehensive about. He showed empathy and spent enough time with me explaining my surgery so that I was completely comfortable knowing what to expect.
in Denver, CO |
I was seen by Dr. Horan shortly after checking in. Since I was a patient over 5 yrs. ago I needed to fill out forms to update all my info, but I had downloaded and filled out the forms at home which then saved time doing it at the office.
in Parker |
Fast, efficient surgeries with the shortest achievable recovery times. Knows what he's doing and communicates well. Three surgeries for three events, including a motorcycle wreck.
in Littleton, CO |
Dr Horan explained what was going on with my knee and discussed ways we could put off knee replacement for a least a few more years. Very comfortable with him as a physician.
in Lakewood |
It's was great Dr Horan completed 3 surgeries on my knees up front about what was needed. 100% trust.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Horan, MD?

Visit Dr. Horan

Dr. Horan accepts 19 insurance carriers
  • AARP
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna

Englewood, CO 80113
Porter Adventist Hospital
2525 S Downing St
Denver, CO 80210

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Horan at Orthopaedic Physicians of Colorado

Podiatry Specialist