Dr. Steven Guarisco, MD

Dr. Steven Guarisco, MD

Gastroenterology  |

Dr. Steven Guarisco, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Covington, LA and has been practicing for 32 years. He graduated from Louisiana State Univ School Of Medicine In New Orleans in 1986 and specializes in gastroenterology.Read his story

Learn about Dr. Guarisco

See how frequently Dr. Guarisco performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
Stomach Diseases
Abdominal Disorders

Dr. Guarisco's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Guarisco's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Guarisco "Dr. Steven Guarisco earned his medical degree from LSU and completed his internship and residency at Duke University Medical Center where he served as Chief Medical Resident before completing his gastrointestinal fellowship training there. Prior to joining the Ochsner staff in 1994, Dr. Guarisco was a faculty member in the Gastrointestinal Division at Duke. Dr. Guarisco has a special interest and experience in therapeutic ERCP including metal stent placement, sphincterotomy, mechanical lithotripsy, sphincter of Oddi manometry, and minor papillae endoscopic therapy in pancreas divisum. Dr. Guarisco practices at Ochsner North Shore Medical Center. "

This content was provided by Dr. Guarisco "My years of clinical research and practice have made me an expert in the field of Gastroenterology. I strive to provide the best care to each and every one of my patients. "

• Gastroenterology

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Louisiana State Univ School Of Medicine In New Orleans
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
    Internship Hospital | Completed
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Guarisco has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Guarisco does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Guarisco and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Guarisco's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Guarisco to family and friends
2.7
based on 7 total reviews (5 with comments)

Ochsner Health System

also has reviews with comments for this provider:

logo for Ochsner Health System
4.5
SEE THESE REVIEWS AND COMMENTS

Dr. Guarisco's Performance

Trustworthiness
GOOD
Explains condition(s) well
GOOD
Answers Questions
GOOD
Time well spent

Scheduling
GOOD
Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time

I cannot begin to explain how insensitive he was. I witnessed him yelling at his staff & slamming things around the procedure room. This was the first time I saw him. He never called with my endoscopy results, I received them in the mail 3 weeks later. His office refused to schedule a colonoscopy...more
in ponchatoula
First time to see Dr. Guarisco. He listened and responded. He explained and let me make my decision. Very pleasant. Looking forward to following up what we began.
in Hammond, LA
Dr. Guarisco was completely insensitive about my IBS issues I've had since I was 16, I'm now 44! All he wanted to do was a colonoscopy and pretty much shut down completely after that. Very discouraging visit to say the least.

Thank you for this review. We're saddened to hear your experience was less than exemplary, and we'd like to have someone reach out to you personally. Please email us at connect@ochsner.org with your contact information so we can pass it along.

in Covingon, LA
Since I was seeing Dr. Guarisco for the FIRST time, I was expecting a more comprehensive visit. He seemed to be rushed and spent little time asking questions. Essentially wrote me a prescription and was on his way. Not the kind of doctor I need or want.

Thank you for this review. We're very sorry about your experience, and we'd like to have someone reach out to you personally. Please email us at connect@ochsner.org with your contact information so we can pass it along.

in Covington, LA
This doctor didn't want to be bothered with me or my medical issues. I was only able to talk to the NP. Turns out my issues were life threatening and required multiple surgeries. No compassion.

More Gastroenterology Specialists like Dr. Guarisco at Ochsner Health Center - Covington

Gastroenterology Specialist