Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD

Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD

Gastroenterology •  Male • Age 70

Telehealth services available

Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD is a Gastroenterology Specialist in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Greenfield has more experience with Gastrointestinal Disorders and Esophageal Disorders than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and Jefferson Methodist Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Greenfield to book an appointment.

Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals

New Patient?
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital132 S 10th St Ste 480 Philadelphia, PA 19107

Jefferson Internal Medical Associates at Bala

New Patient?
Jefferson Internal Medical Associates at Bala225 E City Ave Ste 109 Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004

• Practices at Top Hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

More Gastroenterology Specialists at Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals

Dr. Greenfield's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Greenfield

Dr. Greenfield?
Dr. Greenfield is amazing! He diagnosed a simple often overlooked chronic issue I'd been having for many years that other GI physicians assumed was IBS. It wasn't. I cannot explain what a relief it was to finally have the knowledge that it was not just all in my head. Now that I finally know what it really is it has been so much easier to manage and much less frightening because I don't have to worry that it is something more serious. I no longer have to take needless medications that weren't working.
Bri – Nov 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Dr. Greenfield is a wonderful doctor. Kind, professional, excellent at his job and a life saver.
Apr 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
He just performed both endoscopy and colonoscopy on me, but I had three earlier diagnoses that were not in his report (barrette oesophagus, hiatal hernia, and diverticulosis). When I asked him what happened to the barrette, he said that he did not notice it, and he is sorry for not seeing it and taking a biopsy! I asked about diverticulosis, and he said he could have missed them because they might have been small! He gave me a similar answer for hiatal hernia. I have done colonoscopies and endoscopies frequently in the past, and all previous reports had the above mentioned diagnoses. What if my former barrette esophagus has turned precancerous or cancerous? He failed to diagnose and take a biopsy. With such a negligent and careless doctor, I am sure he is putting the lives of his patients in danger. I want to file a formal complaint against him.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Oct 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Dr. Greenfield is excellent! I took my younger brother ( age 49/special needs) to him for a consult and a colonoscopy due to some issues my brother was having. Dr.Greenfield and his staff were extremely caring, compassionate and demonstrated a very high level of expertise. He spent time to answer any questions and to research past medical history to create a care plan. The wait time in his office was excellent. Dr. Greenfield did the colonoscopy at Jefferson. The team was amazing from ease of registration and scheduling to providing information , care and support. Dr. Greenfield was absolutely excellent. He demonstrated high level of care and concern for my brother and ensured that he received comprehensive care. Extremely professional, helpful, skilled and caring. Dr. Greenfield also thoroughly went over results with us and answered any questions. I highly recommend him. His level of care is very much appreciated and we are grateful for all he did to help us.
Juliana Hickman-Guaraldo in PA – May 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
I have been recommending Dr. Greenfield to friends and referring to patients for 18 years. I was referred by a family member. He is very professional, intelligent, and, thoughtful, and has made himself available to me during difficult times. He is a very positive physician, who instills a sense of hope in his patients.
Sandra Frankel in Penn Valley , PA – Apr 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Dr Greenfield is my #1 GI Doctor, who is very caring and understanding to your symptoms. I had issues with GI over 10 years and right away he found what was wrong with me.. I recommend my mom to see him also and she talks highly of him. Dr Greenfield has helped us both with our problems and I recommend everyone who has GI problems to go see him. You won’t regret it, trust me
Carmen Hernandez in Philadelphia , PA – Apr 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Dr. Greenfield is a caring, compassionate and knowledgeable physician. I highly recommend Dr. Greenfield to anyone who wants a GI doctor who is an expert in his field and has a great bedside manner.
Elaine Marinari in PHILA, PA – Mar 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Has met the challenge of maintaining quality care in increasingly difficult times Totally trustworthy, professional, knowledgeable , professional..Guided me and my family through multiple sometimes complex medical challenges. He is the best
Voorhees – Jan 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Dr. Greenfield is a doctor's doctor. He is a model that doctors need to emulate. Let me explain why I sincerely make this statement. I have been a patient of Dr. Greenfield's for approximately 20 years. During those years he has treated me skillfully and successfully and has guided me emotionally through my healthcare concerns.----He continues to do so. The way he does so is significant.----Besides his professionalism he shows that he really cares. He is an asset to any hospital.
Allyn Carter in none – Jan 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Having a son with special needs (29 yrs. old) and transitioning from CHOP; I was pleasantly surprised and quite impressed with Dr. Greenfield. He certainly is a well-seasoned and brilliant doctor; one who puts forth every ounce of his knowledge and compassion to his patients. He listens, processes and dissects information, investigates/researches and will collaborate with other professionals. Dr. Greenfield is a true asset to the Jefferson system and a blessing to his patients. A good man!
Karen and Chad in Kelayres – Jan 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Dr. Greenfield is the most warm , caring, doctor you could meet. He is also an expert in this field. We were blessed to have found him. Scott & Linda
NJ – Dec 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
a genius....not only was he efficient, diligent, and insightful, he even 'cured' another ailment that he noticed (about which i'd complained to another MD w/o relief). he should be cloned! it's so rare to get a medical professional with his humanity and creativity. and, even more rare, to never hear one complaint from any of the dozen or so people i've referred over the years. nothing but praise and gratitude.
zs in Philadelphia, PA – Nov 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Recently I had a terrible problem which caused me to go to several Drs to decipher. Dr. Greenfield immediately ordered the correct tests, both blood and colonoscopy,and determining that I, in fact had c-diff put me on the correct antibiotics. He followed up with phone calls personally and exhibited that old fashioned kind of caring like in the"old days".... Thank you Dr G. for listening and helping me . Undoubtedly, you are at the top of my familys'list forever. Sincerely, Jack Carson
Jack Carson in Bryn Mawr, PA – Mar 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Dr. Greenfield is a friend to me & my family. I wish he was able to treat every specialty because I would see him for everything if I could - so humble, informative & intelligent. Though, he is so innovative & accommodating he'd figure out a way to treat all of my ailments if I asked. Each visit he instills confidence in his patients that they're more than a diagnosis, he brings hope that there's a solution, & he never stops trying or giving. Those are just a few of the reasons he's my favorite.
Melanie in Philadelphia, PA – Feb 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Dr. Greenfield is an amazing physician and person. He is smart and informed and always has up to date information about GI science and medication. He is also funny and put me at ease because I was nervous. Many people have recommended him and now I will as well. I am lucky to have him as my doctor and Jefferson is even more lucky that they have him.
Robin in Philadelphia, PA – Feb 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Greenfield for 25 years and found him to be a very intelligent and knowledgeable about my illness . he also has a great bed side manner and would recommend him to anyone who want's that special care in a Doctor.
john cucinotta in drexel hill pa. – Feb 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Dr. G is an extraordinary physician and person. He took the time to answer all my questions, listened to all my concerns and cared not just about my medical issues, but me personally. I've never encountered a medical professional who was not only intelligent and knowledgeable, but extremely gracious and kind. My family and I will continue to see Dr. Greenfield and highly recommend him to anyone. He is an asset to Jefferson and one of a kind!! Thank you, Dr. G!
Michael D. in Bellmawr, NJ – Feb 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Dr. Greenfield may very well be a good doctor, but his bedside manner was very off putting and I did not feel like he actually cared about anything other than finishing the appointment quickly and moving on. I was quite disappointed as I had read many good reviews on him before, but it was certainly not a match.
Philadelphia, PA – Jan 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Dr. G is an outstanding Physician who is extremely personable and truly cares about his patients. He has great interpersonal skills takes the time to get to know someone via conversation and not "interrogation" . He also takes the time to explain things in detail and does what is in the best interest of the patient. You could not find a more outstanding gastroenterologist than Dr. G and I'd recommend him to anyone!
Joseph Barrett, Lansdale, PA. in Lansdale, PA – Sep 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
I would highly recommend him. He is highly skilled and experienced and has a great bedside manner. He really cares and takes the time needed. I have recommended to others and they all rave about him as well. In my opinion he is one of the best GI doctors in the country.
Larry H. in Ardmore, PA – Aug 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Greenfield?

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Frequently Treated by Dr. Greenfield

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Greenfield treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Greenfield treats other conditions, please contact the office at (215) 955-8900.

Gastrointestinal Disorders

Gastrointestinal disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that affect the gastrointestinal tract, including Crohn's disease, ulcers, hernias, and food poisoning.Compare with other Gastrointestinal Disorders specialists.

Dr. Greenfield typically treats 70% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 27 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Gastrointestinal Diseases
Abdominal Disorders
Stomach Diseases
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
Normal Frequency
High Frequency
Very High Frequency
Dr. Greenfield
Similar Providers

Esophageal Disorders

Esophageal disorder specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the esophagus, such as reflux esophagitis, indigestion, and esophageal ulcers through procedures including medication, surgery, and swallowing therapy.Compare with other Esophageal Disorders specialists.

Dr. Greenfield typically treats 62% more often than similar doctors

• Duodenal Ulcer
  • Duodenitis
  • Dysentery
  • Dysphagia
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Esophageal Achalasia and Cardiospasm
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Viral Enteritis
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Viral Infection
  • Vomiting Disorders

Dr. Greenfield accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Greenfield has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(215) 259-5822Find providers who accept this insurance