Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD

Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD

Gastroenterology  ·

Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Philadelphia, PA and has been practicing for 43 years. He specializes in gastroenterology.

Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals

132 S 10th St Ste 480

Philadelphia, PA 19107

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
  • Amerihealth
  • Cigna-HealthSpring
  • CoreSource
  • Devon Health
  • Geisinger Health Plan
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield

Insurance accepted

Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
QualCare HMO
QualCare PPO
Tricare
Oxford Liberty

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Greenfield's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Duodenal Ulcer
  • Duodenitis
  • Dysentery
  • Dysphagia
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Esophageal Achalasia and Cardiospasm
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Greenfield

Dr. Greenfield?
Dr. Greenfield's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD
Dr. Greenfield is excellent! I took my younger brother ( age 49/special needs) to him for a consult and a colonoscopy due to some issues my brother was having. Dr.Greenfield and his staff were extremely caring, compassionate and demonstrated a very high level of expertise. He spent time to answer any questions and to research past medical history to create a care plan. The wait time in his office was excellent. Dr. Greenfield did the colonoscopy at Jefferson. The team was amazing from ease of registration and scheduling to providing information , care and support. Dr. Greenfield was absolutely excellent. He demonstrated high level of care and concern for my brother and ensured that he received comprehensive care. Extremely professional, helpful, skilled and caring. Dr. Greenfield also thoroughly went over results with us and answered any questions. I highly recommend him. His level of care is very much appreciated and we are grateful for all he did to help us.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
I have been recommending Dr. Greenfield to friends and referring to patients for 18 years. I was referred by a family member. He is very professional, intelligent, and, thoughtful, and has made himself available to me during difficult times. He is a very positive physician, who instills a sense of hope in his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Dr Greenfield is my #1 GI Doctor, who is very caring and understanding to your symptoms. I had issues with GI over 10 years and right away he found what was wrong with me.. I recommend my mom to see him also and she talks highly of him. Dr Greenfield has helped us both with our problems and I recommend everyone who has GI problems to go see him. You won’t regret it, trust me
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Dr. Greenfield is a caring, compassionate and knowledgeable physician. I highly recommend Dr. Greenfield to anyone who wants a GI doctor who is an expert in his field and has a great bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Has met the challenge of maintaining quality care in increasingly difficult times Totally trustworthy, professional, knowledgeable , professional..Guided me and my family through multiple sometimes complex medical challenges. He is the best
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Dr. Greenfield is a doctor's doctor. He is a model that doctors need to emulate. Let me explain why I sincerely make this statement. I have been a patient of Dr. Greenfield's for approximately 20 years. During those years he has treated me skillfully and successfully and has guided me emotionally through my healthcare concerns.----He continues to do so. The way he does so is significant.----Besides his professionalism he shows that he really cares. He is an asset to any hospital.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Having a son with special needs (29 yrs. old) and transitioning from CHOP; I was pleasantly surprised and quite impressed with Dr. Greenfield. He certainly is a well-seasoned and brilliant doctor; one who puts forth every ounce of his knowledge and compassion to his patients. He listens, processes and dissects information, investigates/researches and will collaborate with other professionals. Dr. Greenfield is a true asset to the Jefferson system and a blessing to his patients. A good man!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Dr. Greenfield is the most warm , caring, doctor you could meet. He is also an expert in this field. We were blessed to have found him. Scott & Linda
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
a genius....not only was he efficient, diligent, and insightful, he even 'cured' another ailment that he noticed (about which i'd complained to another MD w/o relief). he should be cloned! it's so rare to get a medical professional with his humanity and creativity. and, even more rare, to never hear one complaint from any of the dozen or so people i've referred over the years. nothing but praise and gratitude.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Recently I had a terrible problem which caused me to go to several Drs to decipher. Dr. Greenfield immediately ordered the correct tests, both blood and colonoscopy,and determining that I, in fact had c-diff put me on the correct antibiotics. He followed up with phone calls personally and exhibited that old fashioned kind of caring like in the"old days".... Thank you Dr G. for listening and helping me . Undoubtedly, you are at the top of my familys'list forever. Sincerely, Jack Carson
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Dr. Greenfield is a friend to me & my family. I wish he was able to treat every specialty because I would see him for everything if I could - so humble, informative & intelligent. Though, he is so innovative & accommodating he'd figure out a way to treat all of my ailments if I asked. Each visit he instills confidence in his patients that they're more than a diagnosis, he brings hope that there's a solution, & he never stops trying or giving. Those are just a few of the reasons he's my favorite.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Dr. Greenfield is an amazing physician and person. He is smart and informed and always has up to date information about GI science and medication. He is also funny and put me at ease because I was nervous. Many people have recommended him and now I will as well. I am lucky to have him as my doctor and Jefferson is even more lucky that they have him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Greenfield for 25 years and found him to be a very intelligent and knowledgeable about my illness . he also has a great bed side manner and would recommend him to anyone who want's that special care in a Doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Dr. G is an extraordinary physician and person. He took the time to answer all my questions, listened to all my concerns and cared not just about my medical issues, but me personally. I've never encountered a medical professional who was not only intelligent and knowledgeable, but extremely gracious and kind. My family and I will continue to see Dr. Greenfield and highly recommend him to anyone. He is an asset to Jefferson and one of a kind!! Thank you, Dr. G!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Dr. Greenfield may very well be a good doctor, but his bedside manner was very off putting and I did not feel like he actually cared about anything other than finishing the appointment quickly and moving on. I was quite disappointed as I had read many good reviews on him before, but it was certainly not a match.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Dr. G is an outstanding Physician who is extremely personable and truly cares about his patients. He has great interpersonal skills takes the time to get to know someone via conversation and not "interrogation" . He also takes the time to explain things in detail and does what is in the best interest of the patient. You could not find a more outstanding gastroenterologist than Dr. G and I'd recommend him to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
I would highly recommend him. He is highly skilled and experienced and has a great bedside manner. He really cares and takes the time needed. I have recommended to others and they all rave about him as well. In my opinion he is one of the best GI doctors in the country.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Dr. Greenfield has been my doctor for 24 years. He is an outstanding physician and truly cares about his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
Dr. G is extremely smart and caring. He has treated multiple members of our family for years and he always treats us with respect and his dedication to our care is wonderful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Greenfield, MD?
For more than 20 years 8 members of our family (of all ages) have been patients of Dr. Greenfield. He has treated us for a wide variety of gastrointestinal issues - from routine procedures such as colonoscopies to more serious ailments such as Barrett's Esophogus and pancreatitus. He is a brilliant diagnostician and a highly skilled and compassionate physician. He is attentive and always follows up - including evening calls to make certain that we are well. He is excellent. He has no equal.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Greenfield?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Greenfield treats patients.

Compare Providers