Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Steven Goldberg, MD
Dr. Steven Goldberg, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Naples, FL. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Goldberg is affiliated with Physicians Regional - Pine Ridge and NCH Downtown Naples Hospital.

6101 Pine Ridge Rd

Naples, FL 34119

• AvMed
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Goldberg

Dr. Goldberg's Experience

Dr. Goldberg's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Columbia Presbyterian Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

• Patient's Choice Award, Vitals.com, 2009 & 201
  • America's Top Doctors, Consumer's Guide to Top Doctors, 2009

Dr. Goldberg has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Goldberg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Goldberg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Goldberg's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Goldberg to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Goldberg's Performance
in Bonita Springs, FL |
With so many great doctors in the area I believe Dr Goldberg is the best. He doesn’t make you feel that you’re in an assembly line and he provides top notch surgical skills. From initial visit to post op follow ups he and his team answered questions and made me feel comfortable with the process. My shoulder surgery was a complete success with minimal pain. Bonita Springs Sports & Physical Therapy worked with Dr Goldberg getting me back in action! Great team approach.
Naples, FL |
I had surgical removal of a metal plate and screws from my right arm 3 years ago with Dr. Goldberg. The surgery wasn't a total success and I was given the bad news upon awakening that during extraction several screws were broken and were subsequently left in the bone after he closed the wound. Now, the arm still aches, and there are 2 areas where the forearm muscles have herniated causing visible lumps, pain, and mild weakness. This is my dominant arm. I was referred elsewhere after I complained
in Naples, FL |
Dr. Goldberg is an outstanding surgeon. He is professional, caring, and highly skilled. I have recommended him to many friends.
in Naples, FL |
On 4/25/17, I had Distal Biceps Tendon Repair perform by Dr. Steven Goldberg. Today was my 1st month Post Operative check up. The surgery was such a success, I am approximately 8 weeks ahead of the norm with extension, flexibility, and strength. Dr. Goldberg's Physician Assistants, Nursing Staff, and Receptionists were very professional and friendly. If you have any sports injuries or are in need of orthopedic surgery, I strongly recommend Dr. Goldberg's office.
Cape Coral, FL |
I witnessed the level of care, concern, compassion and expertise that Dr. Goldberg showed both of my parents in tending to their respective rotator cuff tears. They would travel from Cape Coral all the way to Naples because of Dr. Goldberg displaying the qualities mentioned above. Fast forward to years later, my husband and I developed issues with our shoulders and we could not picture any other doctor to care for our problems other than Dr. Goldberg himself. 100% Satisfied! :)
in Ft Myers, FL |
I had my rotator cuff surgery one year ago. I am super pleased with my outcome. Dr Goldberg and his staff were excellent.
Naples, FL |
The best.
in Naples, FL |
Dr. Steven Goldberg repaired my torn rotator cuff with excellent results, from the day I chose to have the surgery done, to his wonderful friendly helpful and well experienced staff to the clean well managed Seaside operating room facility. My recovery time with the physio therapists was just six to eight weeks and I was back playing the game of tennis. If I ever have anymore surgery, my first choice would be, Dr. Goldberg and his well trained staff. I was very pleased. M J Mozingo-Naples
in Naples, FL |
Went to him for tennis elbow. Following three months of rest, symptoms continued. At my suggestion, he ordered a MRI. It showed tearing and persistent swelling. He did PRP (platelet rich plasma) therapy, which runs $1,500+ (no insurance). I wasn't given any pain killers and it was THEE most painful thing I ever experienced. I was in bad shape when I left, yet they never called to follow up. What's worse, the injection didn't work. A different doctor did surgery and finally fixed it.
in Naples, FL |
After viewing my Xray on my elbow which showed nothing, he examined it and said I had tendonitis. He said I should check with Google for a band to wear on it but did not recommend one himself. Since I had been assured by his assistant that he would know if the pain was from Forteo, I was extremely disappointed that I had been misinformed. Dr. Goldberg said he did not know if it was caused by Forteo or not. He also said to check with Google for some exercises, and did not provide any other help
in Naples, FL |
Had bone on bone in both shoulders and needed shldr. replacements. I decided against and quit golf. Got worse and in Sept.'16 read an article in NDN about angel investors backing Dr. Goldberg's new prosthesis. I saw him that week and was so impressed went into surgery the following week for left one. 6 weeks later full use of shldr.. Now scheduled for right replacement in 2 weeks. He has been developing this prosthesis for 4 years and his new company won 1st place state award for innovation.
in Naples, FL |
Would highly recommend this practice. Timely, terrific office staff....very friendly & considerate. Dr. Goldberg did shoulder surgery for me at his clinic- Seaside Surgery Center. Also a plus that you don't have to use a hospital. Staff at Surgery Center very kind & yet professional. On staff at Center , Board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthesiologist, wonderful nurses & of course the doctor. I did not want to have surgery but this changed my mind. Feeling great again.
in Naples, FL |
After several years of patient treatment, Dr. Goldberg replaced my 80 year old arthritic shoulder joint.Surgery was a success and painless. I was driving a car at 3 weeks, riding my bike at 5 weeks and started back at tennis in 12 weeks. All in all a good experience with Dr. Goldberg and his staff.
in Naples, FL |
450 characters are wholly inadequate to describe my experience with Dr. Goldberg and his staff. To others who had told me it would be a brutal (even nightmarish) experience having my shoulder replaced, I would say "then you haven't met Dr. Goldberg." He took the time to explain everything, put me at ease, and accommodate my wish to have this done as an outpatient (and he's a funny guy to boot!). My recovery has been great and he will be my "go to guy" for orthopedic surgery from now on!
in Cape Coral, FL |
I had heard of hip and knee replacements, in fact, I have one of each, but I did not know a shoulder joint can also be replaced. At the age of 70+ my right shoulder became so painful I was unable to fasten my car seatbelt without help. I could barely lift a fork to eat. After unsuccessful arthroscopic surgery and painful rehab, I decided I had to find a shoulder specialist. After much on-line research, I found Dr. Goldberg and he honestly saved the quality of the rest of my life. Thank you DrG
in Marco Island, FL |
After being injured overseas after much pain I was operated on by Dr Goldberg and the results were excellent. Within a few months my pain diminished and within 6 months I regained complete range of motion. Dr. Goldberg is the best
in Naples, Fl |
On New Year’s Eve of 2014, I slipped and fell while disembarking a cruise ship in a foreign country. I fell so hard that I severely injured my shoulder and required surgery immediately. But, that first surgery didn’t solve my problem. In fact, my injury only got worse. I couldn’t get through a single day without debilitating pain. This was no way to live. I knew that I needed a second surgery. When I tried to find a surgeon to perform a second surgery, I was repeatedly turned down due to
in Naples, FL |
I was referred to Dr. Goldberg by my primary care physician for chronic neck, upper back and shoulder pain. I was told that the only way I could see Dr. Goldberg was to have an X-Ray first. Which was done before visit. During my appointment, I was only seen by his PA and they spent approx 10 mins with me asking a few questions and rotating my arm and doing short strength tests. I was than basically dismissed and told to go to a Neurologist that they recommended. Never mentioned X-Ray or meds
in Bonita Springs, FL |
Treatment & service--Outstanding. Refreshing to call an office and someone actually answers the phone & helps you. Entire staff is sincerely nice. Denise, The office manager is great. I have seen Dr. Goldberg many times...first my knee next my shoulder. He did rotator cuff surgery. The treatment & recovery time was excellent. When I have questions, Dr. Goldberg always takes time to answer them and never treats me like a number. He is the best--Thanks Dr Goldberg.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Dr. Goldberg was very patient with my questions and fears regarding my sore shoulder. Then he did the surgery which almost immediately made movement less painful and actually extended my range of motion! I highly recommend him for all shoulder issues.
in Naples, FL |
After a life in sports, including cycle and ski racing, resulting in injuries and surgeries, both shoulders had become very painful, interfering with activities and sleep. After stem cell and a doctor visit, I resolved myself to possible double surgery. Dr. Goldberg has been life changing for me, an exception in his field viewing each patient's issues individually. He chose a non surgical approach with a miraculous outcome. I'm virtually pain free. I highly recommend Dr. Goldberg. Bob Seemann
in Naples, Fl |
I made an appointment with Dr Goldberg but never got to see Dr Goldberg. After check in I first saw a technician who took my info and entered it in a computer. I then saw a physicians assistant who gave me a cortisone shot which didn't work. I didn't know they could do this. When you make an appointment with a doctor you should get to see a doctor not assistants and technicians. I even provided an X-ray and the details on the previous shot I received which was effective.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Goldberg, MD?
Are you Dr. Goldberg?