Dr. Steven Gold, MD

Dr. Steven Gold, MD

Neurotology  |
Dr. Steven Gold, MD is a neurotology doctor who practices in Charlotte, NC. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Dr. Gold is affiliated with Carolinas Medical Center and Novant Health - Presbyterian Medical Center.

6035 Fairview Rd

Charlotte, NC 28210

• American Republic
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Gold

See how frequently Dr. Gold performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dizziness
Ear Disorders
Tinnitus

Dr. Gold's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurotology

• Tinnitus

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Cochlear Implant Insertion

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Boston University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • Tulane University Of Louisiana
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Naval Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990
  • University Of Pittsburgh / Main Campus
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Gold has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gold does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gold and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gold's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gold to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Gold's Performance
Ft Mill, SC |
I was referred by my neurologist. Dr. Gold was great. He was straight to the point. Exactly what I needed. He had a great personality. I've been dealing with my vestibular condition for four years. I've been bounced from doctor to doctor. Through my journey, I've been made to feel like I'm lying about my symptoms. I'm tired of telling my story. I need someone to figure this out. He listened to all of my history. He came up with testing/treatment options that no one else offered or had tried
Charlotte, NC |
Dr. Gold helped me with my inner-ear issues I've dealt with for years. I would highly recommend him to anyone! He is a life savor!!
Charlotte, NC |
Dr. Gold has an excellent bedside manner. My son loved his visits with Dr. Gold and his staff at the Southpark location.
in Charlotte |
Dr. Gold was great. He was kind and explained everything. I would recommend him to others.
Newton, NC |
After a series of testing by his staff, I finally met him for my results. He walked in and his first words to me were that I was lying and should not be feeling any of the symptoms I had stated. He also said it was just psychological and I needed mental therapy. I have a traumatic brain injury and suffer from headaches and vertigo but he did not bother to read my records and take that into consideration. My review of him would be less than zero.
We're sorry you had such an unpleasant experience. Can you please send us your information to info@ceenta.com so we can discuss this with you.
Charlotte, NC |
He was more interested in finishing the appointment as quickly as possible and tried to tell me it was impossible for me to feel the symptoms I was experiencing. Basically one of the worst doctors I've encountered.
Wilmington, NC |
I had read the reviews and do not agree. I have to say, our experience was awesome! He reviewed my daughters records, listened to our concerns and answered all questions. He did a surgery on her right ear. He found that she did not need bones replaced but did what he could for her and removed scar tissue. He knew she would be disappointed , but he handled it with compassion. She did indeed regain some of her hearing in the ear after all, so he was helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend him
in Charlotte, NC |
I was referred to Dr. Gold after my ENT believed I could regain hearing. He was very courteous to myself and my mother, and explained what he could do during my consultation. During my surgery there was a roadblock and things didn't work out exactly to plan, but he was very sympathetic and explained what could happen after recovery. He was excited with me when my hearing test results showed the surgery did help. I would recommend him to anyone looking for an ENT/surgeon. He is a great physician!
in Charlotte, NC |
I had ear sugary on July 27th by Dr. Gold and when I first met him he was professional not emotionally comforting. I did not judge him from reviews, I judged him from his experience as a doctor. The surgery went great, the staff was great. Yes the follow up appointment was a little delayed but he's a busy Dr. And I understand there are delays. I highly recommend Dr. Gold and would go back to him with anything I have in the future.
in Marshville, N.C. |
Dr. Gold was no more interested in my condition than the man in the moon. He insulted my intelligence repeatedly (I have been a critical care nurse for 25 years), and told me outright that I was NOT having the symptoms that I clearly am having. My visit was a waste of time and money. I guess he felt he wouldn't make enough money in caring for me, so he couldn't be bothered. It doesn't help to have a nice clean office and pleasant, efficient staff when the doctor couldn't care less.
in Charlotte, NC |
I have never dealt with a Dr. with a worse bedside manner. It made me question everything he said. He was also late for surgery and didn't even try to appear interested in my problem.
in Marion, NC |
Our son has had tremendous challenges with his ears. He is scheduled for another surgery now through another doctor. Our last visit with Dr. Gold was unbelievable. He completely forgot our son's history, had not looked at his chart and performed a painful procedure that ultimately resulted in rupturing our son's eardrum. When we arrived at UNC Otolaryngology, they could not believe the treatment our son received. They are still aghast at what Dr. Gold did and didn't do. He should be removed.
in Charlotte, NC |
If I could rate Dr. Gold with zero stars I would. The Hippocratic oath states I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug. Dr. Gold embodies the opposite of this statement. He was completely lacking in warmth or compassion for me a person and as his patient. Shame on him for ever being classified as a healer because he is far from one.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Gold, MD?

Visit Dr. Gold