Dr. Steven Gold, MD

Neurotology ·  Male · Age 61

Dr. Gold

Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates

6035 Fairview Rd Charlotte, NC 28210

Dr. Steven Gold, MD is a neurotology specialist in Charlotte, NC and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from Boston University School of Medicine in 1982 and specializes in neurotology, ear, nose, and throat, and more.

Dr. Gold accepts

Dr. Gold accepts the following insurance:

American Republic

• Enlarged Turbinates
  • Facial Nerve Damage
  • Hearing Loss
  • Hearing Loss Due to Noise
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperacusis
  • Malignant Otitis Externa
  • Meniere's Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Perilymph Fistula (PLF)
  • Pharyngitis
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Tinnitus
  • Vocal Cord Nodule

Dr. Steven Gold is a fellowship-trained subspecialist in Charlotte, NC, who limits his practice to medical and surgical disorders of the ear; this includes cochlear implants, tumors of the inner ear, surgical correction of hearing loss, chronic middl...

• Neurotology

2.9

Dr. Gold?
Dr. Gold's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Steven Gold, MD
Dr. Gold and the staff at the Southpark office of CEENTA took excellent care of my son with his cochlear implant surgery. Surgery was well done with no complications. We are waiting on his implant to be turned on in two weeks, and everyone is looking forward to that! Special mention about Beverly, who went the extra mile in handling the paperwork and setting the appointments. Great experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Gold, MD?
I was referred by my neurologist. Dr. Gold was great. He was straight to the point. Exactly what I needed. He had a great personality. I've been dealing with my vestibular condition for four years. I've been bounced from doctor to doctor. Through my journey, I've been made to feel like I'm lying about my symptoms. I'm tired of telling my story. I need someone to figure this out. He listened to all of my history. He came up with testing/treatment options that no one else offered or had tried
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Gold, MD?
Dr. Gold helped me with my inner-ear issues I've dealt with for years. I would highly recommend him to anyone! He is a life savor!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Gold, MD?
Dr. Gold has an excellent bedside manner. My son loved his visits with Dr. Gold and his staff at the Southpark location.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Gold, MD?
Dr. Gold was great. He was kind and explained everything. I would recommend him to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Gold, MD?
After a series of testing by his staff, I finally met him for my results. He walked in and his first words to me were that I was lying and should not be feeling any of the symptoms I had stated. He also said it was just psychological and I needed mental therapy. I have a traumatic brain injury and suffer from headaches and vertigo but he did not bother to read my records and take that into consideration. My review of him would be less than zero.
We're sorry you had such an unpleasant...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Gold, MD?
He was more interested in finishing the appointment as quickly as possible and tried to tell me it was impossible for me to feel the symptoms I was experiencing. Basically one of the worst doctors I've encountered.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Gold, MD?
I had read the reviews and do not agree. I have to say, our experience was awesome! He reviewed my daughters records, listened to our concerns and answered all questions. He did a surgery on her right ear. He found that she did not need bones replaced but did what he could for her and removed scar tissue. He knew she would be disappointed , but he handled it with compassion. She did indeed regain some of her hearing in the ear after all, so he was helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Gold, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Gold after my ENT believed I could regain hearing. He was very courteous to myself and my mother, and explained what he could do during my consultation. During my surgery there was a roadblock and things didn't work out exactly to plan, but he was very sympathetic and explained what could happen after recovery. He was excited with me when my hearing test results showed the surgery did help. I would recommend him to anyone looking for an ENT/surgeon. He is a great physician!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Gold, MD?
I had ear sugary on July 27th by Dr. Gold and when I first met him he was professional not emotionally comforting. I did not judge him from reviews, I judged him from his experience as a doctor. The surgery went great, the staff was great. Yes the follow up appointment was a little delayed but he's a busy Dr. And I understand there are delays. I highly recommend Dr. Gold and would go back to him with anything I have in the future.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Gold, MD?
Dr. Gold was no more interested in my condition than the man in the moon. He insulted my intelligence repeatedly (I have been a critical care nurse for 25 years), and told me outright that I was NOT having the symptoms that I clearly am having. My visit was a waste of time and money. I guess he felt he wouldn't make enough money in caring for me, so he couldn't be bothered. It doesn't help to have a nice clean office and pleasant, efficient staff when the doctor couldn't care less.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Gold, MD?
I have never dealt with a Dr. with a worse bedside manner. It made me question everything he said. He was also late for surgery and didn't even try to appear interested in my problem.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Gold, MD?
Our son has had tremendous challenges with his ears. He is scheduled for another surgery now through another doctor. Our last visit with Dr. Gold was unbelievable. He completely forgot our son's history, had not looked at his chart and performed a painful procedure that ultimately resulted in rupturing our son's eardrum. When we arrived at UNC Otolaryngology, they could not believe the treatment our son received. They are still aghast at what Dr. Gold did and didn't do. He should be removed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Gold, MD?
If I could rate Dr. Gold with zero stars I would. The Hippocratic oath states I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug. Dr. Gold embodies the opposite of this statement. He was completely lacking in warmth or compassion for me a person and as his patient. Shame on him for ever being classified as a healer because he is far from one.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Gold, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gold?

Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Gold treats patients.