Dr. Steven Gittler, MD

Dr. Steven Gittler, MD

Critical Care Medicine | Male

Sunrise Medical Group 7369 Sheridan St Ste 302 Hollywood, FL 33024 Get Directions

At Tenet Florida Physician Services, we have a commitment to care promise. This commitment extends to the communities we serve, the patients we heal, and the employees that make up our extraordinary team. Our values and mission are the cornerstones to that promise. We are committed to care. We are committed to you.

Dr. Steven Gittler, MD is a critical care medicine doctor who practices in Hollywood, FL. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Gittler is affiliated with Memorial Regional Hospital.

Dr. Gittler's Experience

See how Dr. Gittler's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gittler

Dr. Gittler accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Gittler has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gittler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gittler to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Gittler's Performance
in Davie, FL |
I have been a patient 4 - 5 yrs, and I find Dr Gittler to be very thorough and a good listener. He has helped me manage my COPD and Sleep Apnea. Appts are nearly always on time, yet he spends the necessary time with me. In the event that I have any problem, he and his staff attempt to resolve it while I wait. I would definitely recommend him.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
not likely, I saw the doctor a few weeks ago, he recommended a chest EKG, I believe. His staff was to set the location and time. I'm still waiting.
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I find Dr. Gittler to be attentive and knowledgeable.
Hollywood, FL |
DR. is very through regarding inquiring about signs and symptoms, dates and times events etc.. Office staff leaves a lot to be desired. Not friendly, actually can be very rude. Nurse is like a machine, not sure she even understands. No sense of humor. Waiting room is plain with lots of stuffed animals in some of the office exam rooms. Office staff is very important for a doctor's success or failure, so my suggestion would be to train the staff or replace the staff.
Davie, FL |
In all areas except one I would recommend Dr. Gittler highly. Unfortunately It is very difficult to reach the staff by phone or to get any feedback by phone about test results or questions.
in Hollywood, FL |
I owe my life to Dr. Gittler!
in Hollywood, FL |
He explains everything in terms one can understand. He's not an alarmist, but thoughtful and careful. He wants to be sure the patient is not over-doctored, over-tested or over-prescribed.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Spent an hour in the waiting room, then another 20 minutes in the exam room before I had to leave. Never saw the doctor. Offices were empty except for several people eating in the break room, who never noticed me wandering around looking for help. Only saw a nurse who argued with me about the meds I was taking -- she said my dosages couldn't be right because they didn't match the preset dosages in her computer. Having taken these meds for years, I think I know what dosages I am taking.
in boca raton, fl |
Office staff is rude and are of no help. Doctor prescribed oxygen and no notes where added to chart for oxygen company to be able to bill insurance. Lied to oxygen company saying I was told to go back for a face-to-face and they never said that. After a month and a half I had to go back for another appointment to do test all over again and three months later, more problems and now I am having to pay for oxygen because oxygen company was not able to bill the insurance. Do not recommend!
in Florida |
a learned physician who inspires confidence, i have all the respect in the world for dr. gittler. he is highly recommended
Have you seen Dr. Steven Gittler, MD?
Are you Dr. Gittler?

Compare Dr. Gittler

Dr. Gittler's Care Philosophy

Dr. Gittler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Critical Care Medicine
    •  Board certified in Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease and Sleep Medicine

Dr. Gittler has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gittler's Board Certifications

• Asthma
    • Bronchiectasis
    • Bronchiolitis
    • Bronchitis
    • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
    • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
    • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
    • Cough
    • Metastatic Respiratory System Cancer
    • Partial Lung Collapse
    • Pleural Effusion
    • Pneumonia
    • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
    • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension

Beth Israel Medical Center - Petrie Campus
      Beth Israel Medical Center - Petrie Campus
      Mt Sinai/Elmhurst Hosp
      St Lukes - Roosevelt Hospital Center at Roosevelt Division

Dr. Gittler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gittler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Critical Care Medicine
    • Pulmonology
    • Sleep Medicine

• Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
    • Bronchoscopy