Dr. Steven Gillon, DO

Dr. Steven Gillon, DO

Gastroenterology  ·
Dr. Steven Gillon, DO is a gastroenterology specialist in Englewood, NJ and has been practicing for 25 years. He graduated from Nova Southeastern College Of Osteopathic Medicine in 1986 and specializes in gastroenterology, internal medicine, and more.Read his story

401 S Van Brunt St Ste 401

Englewood, NJ 07631

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Amerihealth
  • Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • EmblemHealth

Learn about Dr. Gillon

See how frequently Dr. Gillon performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Esophageal Diseases
Stomach Diseases
Esophagitis

Dr. Gillon's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Gillon's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Gillon "Thank you for taking the time to read this. i have expanded the practice to include Medical Marijuana for the 15 indications that New Jersey requires (MMPNJ.GOV) and outpatient addiction and recovery counselling and management for Opiate Addiction. Opiate use and abuse has become present in approximately 5 percent of the patients that physicians see and I want to address a need in our region. "

This content was provided by Dr. Gillon "I find that by listening to my patients, letting them speak and understanding what the issues are, it is easier for me to help them. By looking at the whole person, this approach allows me to make a diagnosis and implement a treatment plan. I partner up with my patients and help direct them to where they need to be."

• Gastroenterology
  • Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Gastroenterology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• University Of Florida
  • SUNY Dwnst
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
  • SUNY Dwnst
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Gillon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gillon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gillon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gillon's Reviews

4.5
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gillon to family and friends

Dr. Gillon's Performance

Dr. Gillon Says:
"

I thank my beloved patients for being there and partnering in the management of their healthcare. I treat each of you intellectually, personally, confidentally and with my full attention. My job is not done until you are better!

"

My mom uses Dr Gillon. I have seen him on occasion and I think he's a wonderful doctor. He is helpful and very supportive in whatever situation comes up. His staff is wonderful and very caring. I think he's an excellent doctor.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Scheduled 3 appointments and never saw him. First time saw NP with warning nor explaination. 2nd time waited over 45 minutes as patients go in and out. We hear him talking to staff. Get ushered into exam room and told he is not there. 3rd toime confirm 3 days prior. Told to call on day of. Call 7...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

There was a period of weeks that I was on call for two emergency departments and I often interrupted the day. Fortunately this will not occur again and the appointment schedule will be significantly improved. In addition, the detailed comments above were mostly 5 stars.

After my third attempt to see dr. Gillon who has not shown up in the office , and no one in his office had the decency to call And let us know he was not in at my scheduled appointment.we will not be returning.

same comments as above

Dr. Gillon is an Amazing Doctor. Always truthful & attending to his patients to the best of their ability! He is a doctor that makes you feel as if you were at home. Never been in such a comfortable setting & pleasant facility ever!! He is highly appreciated & I am blessed to have found him to care...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Gillon was the most unprofessional, arrogant, sarcastic person I've ever met. I cannot believe he is in the health care industry! Besides questioning whether I was healthy or not, (as if I was there because I had nothing better to do), he told me that one of my doctors who treated me for an...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option3

Patients occasionally ask me to assume care of a provider from out of state. In this case, the treatment was not standard of care and in addition quite harmful (prescribing thyroid meds for weight loss despite having normal thyroid function), antibiotics for non existent infections and the like.