Dr. Steven Gillon, DO

Gastroenterology | Male

Dr. Steven Gillon, DO

Dr. Steven Gillon, DO is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Englewood, NJ. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Gillon is affiliated with Holy Name Medical Center and Englewood Hospital and Medical Center.

...See Less

Dr. Gillon's Care Philosophy

I find that by listening to my patients, letting them speak and understanding what the issues are, it is easier for me to help them. By looking at the whole person, this approach allows me to make a diagnosis and implement a treatment plan. I partner up with my patients and help direct them to where they need to be.

Dr. Gillon's Experience

See how Dr. Gillon's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gillon

Dr. Gillon accepts 23 insurance carriers

Dr. Gillon is now accepting new patients
    Digestive Health Center401 S Van Brunt St Ste 401
    Englewood, NJ 07631
    Evening
    (201) 569-0555Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Gillon has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gillon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gillon to family and friends
    Dr. Gillon Says:

I thank my beloved patients for being there and partnering in the management of their healthcare. I treat each of you intellectually, personally, confidentally and with my full attention. My job is not done until you are better!

Dr. Gillon's Performance
    in Bergenfield, NJ |
    Excellent interpersonal skills. He is very friendly, he makes you feel very comfortable and taken care of. I highly recommend him.
    Disgusting staff who had absolutely no expertise in something as simple as health insurance and scheduling appointments, comp0letely unprofessional.
    Lodi, NJ |
    Great Doctor! Spends a lot of time with you for the initial consulation and really pays attention. Very thorough and knowledgable. Great bedside manner also!!
    in Montville, NJ |
    He is always patient and actually listens. My husband and I have been patients for over twenty years and continue to return back to him even though we are 45 minutes away. Professionalism and quality care is always delivered by him and his staff!
    in Westwood NJ |
    Dr. Gillon has shown me he cares about his patients and is an excellent diagnostic physician. My wife has been a nurse at Englewood Hospital for 25 years and I have the option to use any Doctor I want. He's the one I chose years ago and I've stuck with him for over 10 years now. I'd recommend him to anyone.
    in Fair lawn N J |
    Dr GILLON and his staff are Excellent ! Very rare to find both Dr and staff that make you feel important to them . My son Ron goes there too and is very fussy about going to a Dr. but loves going to Dr GILLON. We both would recommend Dr. Gillon Very Highly to all ages. Beside being a fantastic Dr in every field . he is also compassionate.
    in Dumont, NJ |
    I was a patient of Dr. Gillon for over 8 years. When my insurance changed to a Medicare HMO, I unfortunately had to leave his care. I can't tell you how much I miss him! He is the most caring, understanding, and thorough doctor I have ever met. He listens, follows up with you and you can reach him whenever you need to. I recommend him to anyone looking for an excellent specialist!
    in Closter, NJ |
    Absolutely caring doctor! He really listens to your issues to the fullest extent and has a lovely and kind bedside manner. -Ella Spagnolo
    in Bergenfield, NJ |
    Dr. Gillon is the most caring doctor anyone could ask for. On more then one occasion I developed serious health issues and needed to contact him during off hours. After leaving a message he called me back within 15 minutes. Dr. Gillon always takes the time to listen. He is an amazing doctor who gives 110% to make sure that your health issue is resolved. Dr. Gillon even contacts his patients to find out if they are feeling better. I have never met another doctor like him!
    in bergen county |
    He's smart, caring and supportive.
    in Hackensack, NJ |
    I am a long-time patient and have always found Dr Gillon to be caring, compassionate and dedicated to your best health outcomes.
    in Teaneck New Jersey |
    It was absolutely perfect. The staff as well as the doctor was very polite and friendly. Answered all my questions.. Made me feel absolutely safe and comfortable..
    in Cliffside Park, NJ |
    Dr. Gillon is an EXCELLENT Dr. In my 8 years of living in the area I feel at ease to have finally found a great, caring, compassionate, and thorough Dr. His sense of humor will put you at ease as well as the comfort that he takes the time to listen and spend time with you. Great follow up and his staff is just as friendly and amazing! I highly recommend this doctor! Thank you Dr. Gillon!!
    Denver, CO |
    Dr. Gillon is a highly qualified physician. Although his specialty is GI, he has been my primary doctor and handled all aspects of my healthcare for years.
    in Ridgefield Park, NJ |
    He is very kind, he listens, is excellent at diagnosis and is very sincere in wanting to find solutions to problems.
    in Dumont nj |
    Dr gillon diagnosed my problem immediately. He's simply the best
    in Teaneck, NJ |
    The best
    Have you seen Dr. Steven Gillon, DO?
    Are you Dr. Gillon?

Dr. Gillon's Care Philosophy

Dr. Gillon says...

I trained in a unique residency and fellowship program. We had a 1000 bed city hospital, a state hospital and a VA hospital. I was a chief medical resident and supervised 150 residents and interns. Our program had nearly 100 percent hands on experience as there were no private patients except at the SUNY Downstate hospital.

Dr. Gillon says...

I have exceeded the minimal number required over 22 years ago! I have an integrated approach to my practice using feedback mechanisms and enhanced response parameters.

Dr. Gillon says...

Dr. Gillon's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
    •  Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine

Dr. Gillon has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gillon's Board Certifications

• Esophagitis
    • Flatulence
    • Gastric Ulcer
    • Gastritis
    • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
    • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

SUNY Dwnst

Completed in 1993

University Of Florida

Graduated in 1981

Dr. Gillon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gillon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology
    • Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Anoscopy
    • Colonoscopy
    • Cosmetic Botox® Injection
    • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
    • Esophagogastroscopy
    • Esophagoscopy
    • Gastroenterology Procedures
    • Hemorrhoid Treatment
    • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
    • Liver Biopsy
    • Medical Marijuana
    • Obesity Counseling
    • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
    • Restylane® Injections