Dr. Steven Erle, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 59

Dr. Erle

Steven R Erle MD

872 5th Ave Ste 1A New York, NY 10065

Dr. Steven Erle, MD is a psychiatry specialist in New York, NY. He specializes in psychiatry and addiction psychiatry.

Dr. Erle's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Erle

3.3

Dr. Erle?
Dr. Erle's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Steven Erle, MD
After 18 years of support, medical guidance and successful diagnosis, I want to let others know what a superb experience I had with Dr. Erle. After leaving a psychiatric hospital in 2001, I was referred to Dr. Erle. We met regularly for at least 10 years, using a combination of medication and talk-therapy; after the 10th, I was able to taper off as I was feeling quite good, free to be myself. I am now symptom free, due in large part to Dr. Erle's kind, generous and personal manner. All good.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Erle, MD?
My drinking was causing me more and more problems. I would stop, but would soon resume, promising myself to limit my consumption. The results were never good. Dr. Erle helped me understand that my alcoholism is a disease and not a moral failing. Then, most importantly, he helped me stop drinking. I haven't had a drink in years, and an very thankful that I found Dr. Erle.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Erle, MD?
I finally stopped seeing him after a few years. Was suicidal multiple times and he never even suggested changing my meds and he'd make jokes about it - he is cruel - the Doctor I go to now took great care to provide options to me and helped with the dosage and now I feel great. Had Dr. Erle bothered to even try to help I would have felt better years ago. Takes advantage of emotionally vulnerable people. I've filed a compliant with the state.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Erle, MD?
I have been under Dr. Steven Erle's care for over 20 years. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder when I was in my late 20s and now I am nearly 50. Throughout these two decades, Dr. Erle has been the trusted professional who made it possible for me to excel in my profession and raise an extraordinary family. In addition to his superb knowledge,instinct & experience, Dr. Erle has guided my occasionally difficult journey with a firm hand and a strong commitment to my well-being. He is the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Erle, MD?
"DR" erle should be avoided at all costs. He does not understand medicine and he overdosed my child. I have read other similar complaints about erle. He is a phony, arrogant, incompetent, and is dangerous. Please, stay away!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Erle, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Erle?

• Psychiatry

Dr. Erle's conditions and procedures:

• Alcohol Related Disorders
  • Mood Disorders
  • Substance Abuse

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Erle treats patients.

73% Patient experience rating, 4% higher than the national average