Dr. Steven Erle, MD

Addiction PsychiatryMaleAge 61

Addiction Psychiatry

Dr. Steven Erle, MD is a Addiction Psychiatry Specialist in New York, NY. He is affiliated with medical facilities NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center and NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. His office is not accepting new patients.

Dr. Steven Erle, MD

Steven R Erle MD

872 5th Ave Ste 1a New York, NY 10065 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Addiction Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Easy Scheduling
    Patients said scheduling was easy. See reviews
  • Practices at Highly Recommended Hospital
    Patients recommend this hospital to family and friends. See hospitals
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for New York

Dr. Erle's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Erle

3.5

Dr. Erle

Dr Erle is one of the most respected doctors in the city and for good reason. He's extraordinarily professional and helpful, always takes the time to understand exactly what's going on, is never judgmental. I can't recommend him highly enough.
Aug 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Erle, MD?
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Erle! I started with him about 4 months ago. Since then, I have found him to be a good listener, who actually has intellectual conversations with patients and doesn’t talk down to them. He explains his thinking, is extremely attentive and quick to respond to emails . He takes initiative to work with other doctors and, most of all, he hasn’t seemed to be medication happy!
N – Aug 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Erle, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Erle’s for 15+ years. When I first visited him I was severely depressed and my drinking was out of control. After weekly therapy and finding the right medication I was the road to recovery. After 18 years I have remained sober and my depression is under control. I have had my up and downs and Dr Erle has been with me all the way making suggestions and recommendations that I have followed. He is a great dr and I highly recommend him.
Anne – Aug 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Erle, MD?
After 18 years of support, medical guidance and successful diagnosis, I want to let others know what a superb experience I had with Dr. Erle. After leaving a psychiatric hospital in 2001, I was referred to Dr. Erle. We met regularly for at least 10 years, using a combination of medication and talk-therapy; after the 10th, I was able to taper off as I was feeling quite good, free to be myself. I am now symptom free, due in large part to Dr. Erle's kind, generous and personal manner. All good.
FF in Bronxville, NY – Mar 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Erle, MD?
My drinking was causing me more and more problems. I would stop, but would soon resume, promising myself to limit my consumption. The results were never good. Dr. Erle helped me understand that my alcoholism is a disease and not a moral failing. Then, most importantly, he helped me stop drinking. I haven't had a drink in years, and an very thankful that I found Dr. Erle.
MK in NYC – Mar 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Erle, MD?
I finally stopped seeing him after a few years. Was suicidal multiple times and he never even suggested changing my meds and he'd make jokes about it - he is cruel - the Doctor I go to now took great care to provide options to me and helped with the dosage and now I feel great. Had Dr. Erle bothered to even try to help I would have felt better years ago. Takes advantage of emotionally vulnerable people. I've filed a compliant with the state.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Elizabeth in New York, NY – Jan 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Erle, MD?
I have been under Dr. Steven Erle's care for over 20 years. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder when I was in my late 20s and now I am nearly 50. Throughout these two decades, Dr. Erle has been the trusted professional who made it possible for me to excel in my profession and raise an extraordinary family. In addition to his superb knowledge,instinct & experience, Dr. Erle has guided my occasionally difficult journey with a firm hand and a strong commitment to my well-being. He is the best.
New York , NY – Jan 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Erle, MD?
"DR" erle should be avoided at all costs. He does not understand medicine and he overdosed my child. I have read other similar complaints about erle. He is a phony, arrogant, incompetent, and is dangerous. Please, stay away!!!
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Debra Sherman in New York – Jul 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Erle, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Erle?