Neuropsychiatry (Psychiatry)  |
Dr. Steve Best, MD
Dr. Steve Best, MD is a neuropsychiatry (psychiatry) doctor who practices in Deerfield, IL. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Best is affiliated with Rush University Medical Center.

440 Lake Cook Rd Ste 2

Deerfield, IL 60015

Learn about Dr. Best

Dr. Best's Experience

Dr. Best's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neuropsychiatry (Psychiatry)
  • Board certified in Psychiatry
  • Board actions found

• Neuropsychiatry (Psychiatry)
  • Adult & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• Adult Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Dementia
  • Depression
  • Epilepsy
  • Learning Disabilities
  • Pain Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder

• Ketamine and Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Combination Therapy
  • Non-Surgical Pain Management
  • Pain Medication Management
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • SPECT Scan
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

1 Board Action
  • Unethical conduct (7/31/2017)
    Action Taken: Fine
    Summary: Best, Steve MD: License # 036086358: NATURE OF COMPLAINT: The physician engaged in violating a patient's confidentiality by disclosing information in front of the patient's family member. ACTION TAKEN: The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation imposed a FINE in the amount of $10,000.00 and issued a REPRIMAND on the physician's license with the requirement to complete ethics examination.
    State: Illinois

• University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Finch University Hlth Scis, Chicago Med Sch
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Best has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Best has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Best does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Best and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Best's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Best to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Best's Performance
Cleveland |
I am a neuroscientist, professor and psychoanalyst myself.. And so I have a great deal of expertise. Dr. Best saved my life. I had seen 15 nationally renowned people before him and received marginal help. I am stunned by his range of knowledge and his creativity in treating complex or undertreated people. I know of no one better. Thank you.
deerfield, il |
Dr Best is compassionate and very dedicated to his patients. He works tirelessly to find the source of your health issues and the right treatment customized to you. He has a holistic approach where he will talk to you about diet, supplements and lifestyle changes to improve your health. At The Neuroscience Center they make you feel at home. They even have a kitchen and offer food to patients who spend hours there receiving various treatments. I have brought my family members to see him
Waukegan, IL |
Over medicates and over schedules.
in Winnetka, Ilinois |
I have read other reviews on this site and I simply cannot comprehend how negative some are. Dr. Best works with some of the most difficult cases in the country and does not even advertise his work and his clinic. Those who say that his treatments are too expensive and that he is in it for the money are clearly mistaken. How can he be in it for the money if he does not advertise! I have a changed life because of him and his staff. I am eternally grateful for him and his work. God bless Dr. Best!
Chicago, IL |
This doctor is dangerous. He is quick to diagnose and prescribe without proper testing. He is rude, patronizing, and manipulative. I was under his care for years and never showed improvement. He never gave the proper medication for my illnesses, and accused me of resisting treatment if I asked for something else. He would badmouth other doctors who disagreed with his practices, and prescribe dangerously high doses. Don't let his last name fool you. Stay far away from Dr. Best.
Elmhurst, IL |
1) He is rude and judgmental 2) I came in for a check-up, but he failed to even mention that I was on medication or discuss my other symptons as previously promised. Instead, he blamed me for my depression and sided against me in an inpromptu "family therapy" session - for which I would have much rather gone to ANY other social worker. However, bc of his alternative approach, he ran a nutritional test and discovered my deficiency, which he treated in office (poorly trained nurses)
in Highland Park, IL |
Hyperbaric chamber helped my wound heal faster than normal. I would recommend the clinic
in Deerfield, IL |
After visiting many different doctors in many different states my headaches are under control and I have my energy back. The office has a very warm atmosphere with therapy dogs and delicious food for after treatment!
in Highland Park, IL |
Finally an answer to what is going on with my son! Dr. Best used diagnostic tests (SPECT and EEG) to diagnose my son and finally he is getting some relief. I have been to many different physicians for my son and none have been able to accurately diagnose him. I am forever grateful for his compassionate care. I have my old son back.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Best over-stepped bounds of his role as a neuro-psychiatrist and abused his position as the only alternative NP care in the Chicago area to influence a patient into poor choices. He is a good practitioner, although initially gave inappropriate dosage of medication. The strength of his office is the reading of the SPECT scan, which is expertly done. If Dr. Best would limit his practice to medicine he'd be a better doctor. Anyone needing SPECT scan be careful and keep professional.
Palatine, IL |
Dr. Best is unsafe. He makes snap decisions that are not based on all the facts. He treated my child on medication that should never be given to children. Hi failed to recommend necessary bloodwork. Dr. Best should be avoided. I would never send someone to him.
in Glencoe, IL |
My college son sees the doctor. Dr. Best has been amazing at his diagnosis, extra level of expertise in treating him and keeping us as parents informed. My son has a great connection with him as well. Dr. Best is very prompt in responding to questions or concerns. We are very grateful to be in his care and we highly recommend him and his staff.
Have you seen Dr. Steve Best, MD?
Are you Dr. Best?