Dr. Steven Desautels, MD

Dr. Steven Desautels, MD

Gastroenterology  ·

Dr. Steven Desautels, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Sandy, UT and has been practicing for 21 years. He specializes in gastroenterology and internal medicine.Read his story

Granite Peaks Gastroenterology

1393 E Sego Lily Dr

Sandy, UT 84092

• AARP
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Altius Health Plans
  • Amerihealth
  • CHAMPVA
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • PEHP
  • SelectHealth

Learn about Dr. Desautels

See how frequently Dr. Desautels performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Gastrointestinal Diseases
Abdominal Pain
Abdominal Disorders
high

Dr. Desautels's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Desautels' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Desautels "Dr. Steven Desautels is board certified in Gastroenterology and has been practicing in Salt Lake City since 1997. He received his Bachelor of Science in Microbiology and his Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degrees at the University of Florida. Subsequently, he completed an Internal Medicine Residency at the University of Utah and Fellowship in Gastroenterology at the University of Pittsburgh. He is currently a partner at Granite Peaks Gastroenterology specializing in therapeutic endoscopy, pancreatic and biliary disease, liver disease, abdominal pain, inflammatory bowel disease, functional GI disorders, colon cancer prevention, and gastroesophageal reflux disease. Gender Male Specialty Gastroenterology Medical Education & Training Medical School: University of Florida Residency: University of Utah Fellowship: University of Pittsburgh Certifications & Memberships American Board of Gastroenterology."

This content was provided by Dr. Desautels "I became a physician for the simple reason that I wanted to do something for others and to make a difference in their lives. With disorders of the digestive tract, peoples lives are changed in a very fundamental way. These people have pain, discomfort, irregular habits, and a wide variety of symptoms that range from unpleasant and embarrassing to disruptive and debilitating. These are people who truly need help, and an improved quality of life. This is my motivation as a physician."

• Gastroenterology

• Gastroenterology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Bravo pH Testing
  • Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoid Banding
  • Hemorrhoid Treatment
  • Radiofrequency Ablation for Barrett's Esophagus
  • Therapeutic ERCP

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• University Of Florida
  • University Of Utah
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • University Of Pittsburgh / Main Campus
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Desautels has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Desautels does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Desautels and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Desautels' Reviews

Dr. Desautels?
Dr. Desautels' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Steven Desautels, MD
RecentHighestLowest
Dr. Desautel has been great to work with. I have had some health issues and he has taken the time to talk to me about them. He also takes the initiative to help solve my issues. I feel that he genuinely cares about me as a person.
DS in Salt Lake City , UT – Sep 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Desautels, MD?
He helped me find out at a young age that I had pre-cancer. He has helped me to find the best care without removing part of the colon. I trust his knowledge and appreciate his care!
DeAnn in West Jordan, UT – Jul 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Desautels, MD?
Dr. Desautels is very professional, kind and caring. Has taking care of me and my husband for 20 years. If you need a G. I. Doctor, he's your man!!! Very informative and listens to you. He gives advice that can help your condition and explains everything, thoroughly. Staff are friendly and...Read More
Pat G – Jul 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Desautels, MD?
Dr. Desautels and the Staff at Granite Peaks provided exceptional service when my family & I have gone for my Colonoscopy. The first time, when I was 49, the day before the procedure I wanted to cancel and my husband helped me keep my appointment. I believe they saved my life. Thank you!
Irminia Barker – Jul 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Desautels, MD?
He has taken excellent care of me for 16 years now, since I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease.
Shanna – Jul 05, 2018
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Desautels?

Compare Gastroenterologists