Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Steven Cyr, MD
Dr. Steven Cyr, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Cyr is affiliated with North Central Baptist Hospital.

Orthopaedic & Spine Institute

8401 Datapoint Dr Ste 700

San Antonio, TX 78229

Learn about Dr. Cyr

Steven J. Cyr, M.D., is a Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon who received extensive training to specialize in the delicate science of Spine Surgery.  Dr. Cyr trained at the prestigious Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. He specializes in surgery for cancer of the spine, revision surgeries for failed operations and scoliosis surgery (as well as minimally invasive options) along with correcting complicated spine issues.  Dr. Cyr has gained notoriety for successful repairs of failed surgeries on patients from numerous other states and around the world.

Dr. Cyr's Experience

Dr. Cyr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Ataxia
  • Broken Arm
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Hand Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Pseudoarthrosis
  • Rotator Cuff Tear
  • Sacrum Disorders
  • Shoulder Dislocation
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Stroke
  • Trigger Finger

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Excision of Tarsal or Metatarsal
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery

• Wilford Hall Medical Center, Usaf
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Mayo Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Cyr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cyr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cyr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cyr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cyr to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Cyr's Performance
Winnsboro, TX |
He did the highly extensive back surgery on my brother and now almost a year later he has had to quit his job... This Dr has not been helpful at all. Hard to get to see him and the gen he just keeps saying wait while the patient gets worse. Trying to build a name for himself. "We treat our patients like family." Be glad you aren't family.
San Antonio, TX |
I had stem cell injections bilateral at L3-4 & L4-5 yesterday at Dr Cyr'office. The office has Dr Mckee come to the office to perform the preceedure. The procedure was performed yesterday 07/05/17, today I am in severe pain. In the most comfortable position, laying flat on my back, my pain level is a 5. Any movement make it a level 10. I can't even get out of bed. The office has horrible service, I have called twice with no callback and no action plan to resolve my extreme pain issue.
San Antonio, Texas |
Dr. Cyr and entire staff have been so wonderful with me since day one of my visit. I had bad cervical pain and stiffness, my upper extremities was loosing sensation, I had radiating pain to my shoulders and literally I had no hope for the future. I give them the highest points and stars, because of them I am starting to regain my life back. Thank you all and God bless everyone of you, very respectfully, Julia
in San Antonio |
I have nothing but amazing things to say about the staff. It's a group of doctors and assistants who truly and genuinely care about you and want to help you get better. Every time I visited I never had to wait more than 5 minutes before being seen. The physical therapist is amazing and truly helped my condition. I will be forever great full for coming across this great facility. 10/10 would recommend to anyone seeking medical treatment.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Cyr is the most caring, compassionate, attentive, thorough Spine Surgeon. I could go on and on about his attributes. I went to another Dr in town and he did a horrible surgery on me which caused more pain than before surgery. Went to Dr. Cyr had cervical spine surgery and now I am pain free the first time in 4 years. He also did surgery on my husband 8 years ago after a motorcycle wreak and gave him a second chance for life. He is phenomenal. His whole team is the best you could have!!!
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Cyr is amazing and typically surrounds himself with like minded Dr.'s, specialists, etc. He saved my life and I'll be forever grateful. There are some frustrating issues with his front desk staff. Dont expect that just because you make an appt. that you will actually be on the schedule for that day.
Houston, TX |
None did more surgery then needed after fact say fix u I was good for one year he joke supposed be the best yeah at what getting most $$ he can
in San Antonio, TX |
2 1/2 years post op. After my 4 Level Lumbar Spinal Fusion L2-S1. I followed my doctors orders and regained my life back & pain free. Dr.Cyr, World Renowned, Mayo Trained & Founder of Orthopedic & Spine Institute and His Elite Team are The Best Of The Best! Dr. Cyr is a compassionate, giving and spiritual man. He takes his time with his patients to explain their diagnosis & listens to their concerns & needs. Dr. Cyr treated me with Superb Excellence! Regained my life & forever grateful.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Cyr and all of his staff have always been beyond professional, courteous, respectful, kind, and helpful. From my first visit, I felt comfortable with all the staff. He took the time to explain everything to myself & my family. He was patient with all the questions that were asked and made sure everything was clearly understood. He made sure I was calm and comfortable before my surgery and made sure I was well taken care of during my hospital stay after my surgery; I highly recommended him!
in Converse, TX |
He is very thorough and explains everything to you and family and it doesn't matter how many questions you ask and how long it takes before he even begins to recommend an operation. I wouldn't be walking today without using a cane if it wasn't for Dr Cyr and his terrific staff.
He gave me hope for the future. He is very special and an amazing surgeon.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Cyr, MD?
Are you Dr. Cyr?