Dr. Steven Brand, MD

General Surgery •  Male • Age 66

Dr. Brand

Foris Surgical Group LLP

45 Thomas Johnson Dr Ste 211 Frederick, MD 21702

Dr. Steven Brand, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in Frederick, MD and has over 41 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Brand has more experience with Liver/Pancreas/Gallbadder/Spleen Surgery than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Boston University School Of Medicine medical school in 1979. He is affiliated with Frederick Memorial Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has not yet indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Brand to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more General Surgeons in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Gastrointestinal Care Award™ See hospitals
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Dr. Brand accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Brand has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(301) 694-3200Find providers who accept this insurance

1 disciplinary action Found
  • Unprofessional Conduct (12/21/2015)View details
Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Liver/Pancreas/Gallbadder/Spleen Surgery

This subspecialty of general surgery treats a variety of conditions affecting the liver, pancreas, gallbladder and spleen through procedures including liver resection, gallbladder removal, and the Whipple procedure.

Typically treats 57% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Gallbladder Removal

Dr. Brand performs Gallbladder Removal more than 57% of their peers

Dr. Brand performs this procedure more than 57% of their peers

Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy), Laparoscopic

Dr. Brand performs Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy), Laparoscopic more than 57% of their peers

Dr. Brand performs this procedure more than 57% of their peers

• Venous Insufficiency
  • Ventral Hernia
  • Wound Repair

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Steven Brand, MD...

Offer evening visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Communicate via email?

Dr. Brand's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Brand

97.98657718120805%
1.342281879194631%

Dr. Brand?
What People Say About Dr. Steven Brand, MD
Dr. Brand is very thorough, professional, and patient. I had a gallbladder removal and liver biopsy conducted by Dr. Brand at Frederick Health Hospital. The surgery and recovery went very well. Dr. Brand and the staff at Foris Surgical Group show great care and concern for their patients and I would recommend them to anyone requiring their services.
Mar 20, 2020
One word: Fantastic
Mar 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Brand, MD?
My entire experience with Foris Surgical Group was very positive. Requesting a consultation, new patient processing, scheduling surgery, surgery prep and post surgery appointment. Staff is knowledgeable, efficient, courteous, respectful and caring. I would highly recommend Dr. Brand for general surgery. He is thorough, patient, highly experienced and I am very pleased with the results.
Feb 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Brand, MD?
Dr. Brand first performed a hernia procedure on me in 2005, and the entire experience (other than, you know, not having a sports hernia in the first place) was great. Dr. Brand is extremely personable and professional, and did a great job - I was back running quickly, and when I experienced a 2nd sports hernia 10 years later, Dr. Brand was the first doctor I went to - and again, excellent results! And just a few weeks ago, third time is (hopefully) the charm, with yet another procedure taking place. The previous surgeries were all intact and successful, and Dr. Brand and his excellent team continued as pleasant and professional as they have ever been!
Eric A. – Feb 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Brand, MD?
DR Brand answered all our questions regarding a needed hernia surgery. He was very pleasant , making us feel comfortable. Very clear instructions given by a GREAT , MOST efficient and caring staff at the office and at the Surgery Center. WILL recommend this doctor and staff to everyone.
Feb 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Brand, MD?
Dr. Brand did my Cholecystectomy and I am so thankful I had him as my surgeon. He was so compassionate, easy-going, and knowledgeable that I felt safe in his care. Not only was Dr. Brand so great, but his staff went above and beyond to make sure I was fairing okay in recovery and we’re there when I had symptoms. I’m very appreciative. If I ever need to have another procedure I would gladly have Dr. Brand preform it.
Dec 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Brand, MD?
He is very knowledgeable/experienced and personal/considerate with his patients. I felt comfortable the whole time and he listened to my concerns.
Stephanie – Dec 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Brand, MD?
Dr. Brand, his office staff, and the staff at the Thomas Johnson Surgery Center were excellent. He saw me in the office, and then scheduled my surgery for the next day due to a cancellation. He was very thorough in answering my questions and his staff were super helpful.
Cindy B. – Nov 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Brand, MD?
Dr. Brand present the best of all things a patients wants/needs from a doctor. He was caring and informative, taking the time to explain your procedure in realistic terms. His professionalism has the cast off effect to his staff as well, with them having the same demeanor and style. No one likes to be ill or need surgery, but Dr. Brand is someone who has earned my gratitude and respect for his skills, a friendly a matter of fact bedside manner and a true caring healer style.
Anthony Caminiti – Nov 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Brand, MD?
?????????? Dr Brand and his staff are highly professional in every way. My initial visit was exceptional and comfortable consult for surgery. The office is clean and the atmosphere very welcoming. Very please, would highly recommend.
Stephanie in Frederick, MD – Nov 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Brand, MD?
Dr. Brand, his staff and the Thomas Johnson Surgery Center are the BEST. Dr. Brand took my symptoms very seriously and scheduled a gallbladder removal surgery ASAP. He took out my gallbladder the day after I saw him in the office. I had been dealing with this for a year and a half and I finally found someone who took me seriously. His staff were very friendly and very understanding. They could tell I was in discomfort. From the moment I saw Dr. Brand and his staff, I knew I was in the right place. The Thomas Johnson Surgery Center staff was also very friendly and explained everything in detail. I was very happy with the decision to go to Dr. Brand.
Excellent Experience – Oct 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Brand, MD?
Dr. Brand removed my gall bladder in late July 2019. He was courteous, prompt, and had a great overall bedside manner. He was available to answer any questions that I had. I'd definitely recommend Dr. Brand and Foris Surgical Group for any GI issues.
Jason A Terrell – Aug 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Brand, MD?
Dr Brand, staff and surgical team are great. Explained everything with options. Surgery went better than expected. Would recommend
Joseph (Marc) – Aug 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Brand, MD?
Dr. Brand was very helpful with explaining what was going on, and how he was going to deal with my newly discovered Melanoma. I had 2 surgeries, and both were as good as could be experiences. Minimal pain, and quick healing. I believe this was because of the great skills of Dr. Brand. Each follow-up visit, he was showed interest in how I was doing, and how I was healing. I am now Melanoma free and my wound is doing great.
Dave – Jul 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Brand, MD?
Dr. Brand explained my options and the procedure to me very well. I felt completely comfortable with Dr. Brand and his entire staff from my first consultation through my follow up visit. After my surgery, I was contacted by Dr. Brand's staff each of the first three days following my surgery to ensure that I was recovering as expected. On the day of my surgery I was very pleased with the entire staff at the surgical center. I would recommend Dr. Brand to anyone that might require surgery.
May 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Brand, MD?
Dr. Brand did a hernia repair for me. He is an excellent surgeon and although always professional he and his entire staff are exceedingly friendly with and concerned about the welfare of their patients. I would recommend him and his associate Dr. Artusio to anyone. Thanks Dr. Brand!
May 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Brand, MD?
Dr. Brand performed hernia surgery for me. The facility where the surgery was conducted was very convenient, clean and well staffed with friendly caring people. The procedure went excellent, very little post surgery discomfort and I was back at work in two days. I would definitely recommend Dr Brand.
May 13, 2019
he is great
Apr 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Brand, MD?
Great surgeon! Dr. Brand removed my Gallbladder 2 weeks ago and it's the best I have felt in years. I credit his expertise to my smooth recovery.
Mar 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Brand, MD?
Removed my gallbladder. Office visits usually started early, as well as the day of the surgery. Very responsive and good bedside manner - he was always willing to answer my questions...explanations made sense to a me, a non-medical professional.
Mar 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Brand, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Brand?

The practice of General Surgery is my passion. I take the time to address concerns and answer questions and draw upon my years of experience to provide the best course of action which may or may not involve an operation. Though it may be a simple pri...

• General Surgery