Head and Neck Endocrine Surgery  |
Dr. Steven Bomeli, MD
Dr. Steven Bomeli was raised in Cleveland, Ohio and went to the University of Notre Dame for undergraduate studies. He completed medical school at the University of Virginia School of Medicine, and residency at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. This training included all aspects of comprehensive otolaryngology, in addition to complex head and neck and skull base surgery. During his final two years of residency, he was awarded the outstanding educator award by his peers. After finishing residency, he practiced as a general otolaryngologist outside of Charlotte, NC where he found his passion for thyroid and parathyroid surgery. He then completed an additional year of advanced fellowship training in complex thyroid and parathyroid surgery at Georgia Regents University. This subspecialty training included nerve monitoring, ultrasonography, and minimally invasive and robotic surgical techniques.

960 Johnson Ferry Rd NE Ste 200

• American Republic
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
  • MedCost

Learn about Dr. Bomeli

I give patients treatment recommendations I would want for my family members if they were affected by the same condition.  I encourage patients to ask questions so that they fully understand their condition and the treatment recommendations.

Dr. Bomeli's Experience

Dr. Bomeli's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Head and Neck Endocrine Surgery

• Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Neck Surgery
  • Parathyroid Surgery
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Thyroid Cancer Surgery With or Without Radical Neck Dissection
  • Thyroid Surgery
  • Thyroidectomy
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Notre Dame
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2002
  • University Of Virginia / Main Campus
    Medical School | Graduated 2006
  • University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center (Upmc)
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2007
  • University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center (Upmc)
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • Georgia Regents University-Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Bomeli has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bomeli does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bomeli and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bomeli's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bomeli to family and friends
Dr. Bomeli's Performance
in Buford, GA |
Dr. Bomeli was recommended to me recently by a co - worker.He is a very astute ,trustworthy, dedicated , calm and knowledgeable surgeon.He exudes confidence, very personable and understanding.He is very talented and makes you feel right at ease.Great bedside manners and always accessible for any inquires and concerns.He performed a total thyroidectomy on me recently , and i can honestly say that he was exceptional.Great experience.Wonderful staff.
Atlanta, GA |
When I had sudden hearing loss occur in one of my ears, I appreciated being able to make a next-day appointment with Advanced ENT Associates. I had multiple follow-up appointments with Dr. Bomeli, and every time was a positive experience- very friendly receptionists, personable audiologists, and Dr. Bomeli himself was obviously very good at what he does and answered all of my questions. His prompt and evidence-based treatment of the problem helped solve my hearing loss!
in Griffin, GA |
Dr. Bomeli removed a branchial cleft cyst from the right side of my son's neck below the ear. The cyst was ~36 sq cm in size. Dr. Bomeli was a model care medical provider. He explained information and answered question after question calmly and patiently. His demeanor and mannerisms gave us a sense of confidence. Our son had an excellent outcome under Dr. Bomeli's care. As far as I am concerned, Dr. Bomeli is a hero.
Cumming, GA |
Great experience with Dr. Bomeli recently removing a parathyroid tumor. He and his staff were wonderfully thorough and explained everything involved in the process including the paperwork, insurance filing, initial consultation, pre-surgery, surgery, and post-surgery. They treated me very well and the outpatient surgery was a success. No recovery issues at all.
in Braselton, GA |
Dr. Bomeli is extremely professional and competent. I would not hesitate to recommend him.
in Atlanta, GA |
I have been nothing but impressed with Dr. Bomeli as a new patient beginning Spring 2017. I recommend him to anyone needing care in the ENT field. I had a parathyroid surgery to correct my Hyperparathyroidism diagnosis just several weeks ago that he performed. He surpassed my expectations--he even called me the evening I left the hospital to check on me--he really cares. The staff that work alongside him are so kind and helpful as well. Thank you all for taking such good care of me!
in Daytona Beach,Florida |
After a nationwide search I had picked Dr Bomeli for Micro-Parotidectomy which was done yesterday. Perfect results, no pain, just taking Tylenol, no post-surgery complications, no bandage, very small well hidden incision around ear lobe. Don't look further if you want the best ENT surgeon in the country. Well worth traveling any distance to be treated by this highly skilled gifted surgeon with great compassion.
in Dunwoody, GA |
My GP recommended Dr. Bomelli for my parathyroid surgery and I'm glad to have followed his recommendation. Dr. Bomelli's treatment before, during and post-surgery were exemplary. And the nurse confided in the recovery room that Dr. Bomelli always stays until the patient wakes in recovery and that's not true of other surgeons - he cares about his patients.
in Marietta, GA |
Dr. Bomeli is a highly skilled surgeon who successfully removed a large salivary stone using a minimally invasive technique called “combined approach salivary endoscopy.” I am extremely grateful to have found him; my previous ENT physician was pressuring me into excising my salivary gland. Dr. Bomeli was very kind and understanding of my needs, and took the time to answer the multitude of questions I had. I couldn't have been more pleased and I give him my highest recommendation.
in Marietta, GA |
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Bomeli. It was a tough decision to do my surgery and Dr. Bomeli reassured me along the way that I was making the right decision and would be fine afterwards. He explained everything, listened to my concerns, and patiently answered all my questions. I had total confidence in him. I would not have done this if it hadn't been for Dr. Bomeli. I highly recommend him and I am so grateful to have had him as my surgeon.
in Cumming, GA |
Dr. Bomeli is an exemptional professional. He was able to explain the procedure in a way that anyone could understand. He explained every step of the surgery, postoperative care, and the potential side effects of the procedure. He made sure to answer any and all of my questions prior to the procedure. The surgery went very well. I highly recommend him to anyone .
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Bomeli was recommended to me for my thyroidectomy and I don't think I could've asked for a better surgeon. He was extremely attentive and answered all of my questions before and after surgery (even via email or phone after hours). He was also an incredibly pleasant and friendly person. My surgery went very smoothly and I would highly recommend Dr. Bomeli.
in Stockbridge, GA |
Dr. Bomeli is the best. He performed Parathyroid surgery on me. He is very thorough. He explained everything in detail to me and my family. I would highly recommend him and his staff.
in Atlanta, GA |
I highly recommend Dr. Bomeli to my family, friends, and co-workers. He truly makes sure he understands your concerns and then addresses them one by one. I like the fact he doesn't just offer a "pill" or "get well quick" solution. Instead, he uses years of experience to find the root cause, create a plan of action, and then directs his attention to the small details.
in Cumming, GA |
During surgery unrelated to ENT, a small growth was discovered in my throat. That same day Dr. Bomeli (who I had never met) showed up in my hospital room, examined me, set me up with an immediate scan and an office visit the following week. Soon after, he performed a biopsy operation, diagnosed it as cancer and coordinated my subsequent treatment. I do not exaggerate when I say that Dr. Bomeli saved my life. He is a superb doctor and a great guy. I highly recommend him.
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Bomeli is astute, dedicated, trustworthy, caring, well trained, experienced and extremely talented. I give him the very highest recommendation. He saw me for an obstructed salivary gland on the day I was to depart for a destination in a remote area of Chile. The day before another ENT physician advised that I not go and did not endeavor to unobstruct the gland. Dr. Bomeli worked diligently until the gland was no longer obstructed and I was able to make my flight later that evening.
in Peachtree Corners, GA |
After having a previous parathyroidectomy in Augusta which left me with no voice for about 3 months (despite nerve monitoring) I was hesitant to have another surgery. My Endocrinologist recommended Dr. Bomeli and boy, am I glad she did! He was caring, thorough, accommodating and seemed to really care about me as an individual. My scar is barely noticeable and I was able to talk immediately after surgery. (Something this singer greatly appreciates!) I'm truly blessed to have found Dr. Bomeli.
Norcross, GA |
He explained clearly to me what my problem was and how he would correct it. The surgery went well and he was always available if I had any questions.
Atlanta, GA |
Most importantly, Dr. Bomeli is an expert in parathyroid disease and treatment. Both my internist and endocrinologist recommended him as the best in Atlanta. I've never had a doctor explain things so clearly or make me feel more comfortable. The surgery went extremely well and he was very sensitive to minimizing the scar on my neck. The surgery changed my life in terms of relief of symptoms. In addition, the office staff is extremely professional, helpful, and very nice.
in Atlanta, GA |
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Bomeli. My first appt. was scheduled last month for a biopsy of a lymph node on my neck. It was abnormally enlarged, and my doctor wanted to rule out lymphoma. After examination, he took the time to review my previous records and explained my CT images to my husband and I. He explained that I would need surgery for the biopsy & to remove it. I had surgery, and a quick recovery. He is an AMAZING doctor! I was so blessed to be in his care!!!!! :-)
in Dunwoody, GA |
Dr Bomeli was recommended to me by another ENT physician. That in itself says a great deal. Dr Bomeli was all one wants in a physician/surgeon. He was personable, professional, and above all a skilled surgeon. never did I feel rushed as happens frequently these days. Dr Bomeli carefully explained the process, the possible consequences and answered all my questions and concerns. I strongly recommend him.
in Roswell, GA |
Dr. Bomeli answered my questions thoroughly before and after my parathyroid surgery. He explained everything that was going to take place and what to expect. He followed up personally that night to see how I was doing. My scar is barley noticeable. Would certainly recommend.
in Alpharetta, GA |
I had a parathyroidectomy. Dr. Bomeli was great. Surgery and recovery could not have been easier.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Bomeli’s clear explanations, confident and deliberate movements throughout procedures, and great follow up made my experience the best I could have hoped for. My surgery involved a thyroid remnant removal around my vocal cord nerve and trachea. This delicate extraction required precision to say the least from biopsy through surgery. I always felt I was in good hands under his care and feel fortunate to have an expert ENT surgeon on my team moving forward.
in Roswell, GA |
Dr. Bomeli answered my questions thoroughly before and after my parathyroid surgery. He explained everything that was going to take place and did not laugh at my fears regarding the scary scopes in his office. He was patient and kind and even chuckled when I told him that I had "checked him out" prior to becoming his patient. His staff was efficient and friendly.
Decatur, GA |
Dr Bomeli removed my thyroid and I would not hesitate to recommend him to others. Excellent experience and excellent Doctor.
in Roswell, GA |
I recently had a partial thyroidectomy. Dr. Bomeli and staff were wonderful. I am a big baby when it comes to these things, but everyone was very patient with me. Dr. Bomeli is so kind, friendly and understanding. Highly recommend.
in Stone Mountain, GA |
New doctor to me- figure out immediately my long term ailment (I thought it was TMJ forever and it was really salivary stones). Swiftly worked on the plan to fix, including procedures, scans, etc. Each time felt very respected and that he listened to me. His care was unbelievable. I had to have 2 procedures, first one didn't get the stones so we went for removal 4 weeks later. Entire process was professional but still felt that he cared about me as a person.
in Atlanta, GA |
I was very impressed by Dr. Bomeli, because of how he presented himself. Very well mannered, with a caring way about how he took time to explain, and listen to what I was so in need of, he is just great, I feel that GOD ALMIGHTY IS TRUELY LEADING , Him.!! Thank GOD!!!
in Stone Mountain, GA |
I recommend Dr. Bomeli because he is very thorough. He made me feel comfortable and answered all my questions in a way I could understand. He was also easy to get in touch with when I had a question after my surgery.
in Atlanta, GA |
I would recommend Dr. Bomeli because he is qualified and well trained and did a great job on my surgery. He carefully explains what needs to be done and takes all the time you need to understand what is happening. He is totally available pre and post op for any questions, even giving his cell number on a holiday weekend. He is an outstanding Doctor.
in Atlanta, GA |
I recently had parathyroid surgery. I was referred to Dr Bomeli and that was a lucky break. He is just a super nice guy and was patient and thorough. The office is efficient and made sure all tests I needed were scheduled quickly. The surgery went well and it was a quick recovery. I think Dr. Bomeli is the best and I heartily recommend him Judy Appel
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Bomeli was excellent! From my first visit, to the pre-op, and the post op visit, Dr. Bomeli was considerate, knowledgable, and ready to find a solution to my problem. Dr. Bomeli preformed a total thyroid removal on me and was accessible, even called me personally to check on my recovery process. The best!!!!!
in Roswell, GA |
Dr. Bomeli performed a partial thyroid surgery on our teenage son. During the entire process he has been thorough, considerate, accessible, and professional. He made sure that he answered all our questions and took the time to address any concerns that our son had. He was never rushed at our appointments and he responded to all our emails and phone calls even outside regular office hours. We have all been very impressed by Dr. Bomeli and our son's wound has been healing very nicely.
in Atlanta, GA |
I had a great experience with Dr. Bomeli and his staff. Very friendly and personable. Fantastic surgery and outcome. I highly recommend him.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
As a physician, I carefully research any doctor before I decide to go to them. I did this with Dr. Bomeli and was very satisfied with what I found on various sites. I was not disappointed when I went to see him for a nasal problem I had. He has a great bedside manner, and is very thorough in his examination. I certainly have no problem recommending him to others since I plan to make him my ENT provider of choice!
in Blue Ridge, GA |
Dr. Bomeli is the whole package!! My 20 year old son was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and Dr. Bomeli was our third opinion. I knew almost immediately that he was the surgeon I wanted performing the surgery on my son. He is VERY thorough (right down to prescribing your meds before surgery). He explains everything to you, doesn't get in a hurry, and is easily reached. He has a wonderful bedside manner. My son came through his surgery with flying colors. Thank you so much Dr. Bomeli!!!
in Villa Rica, GA |
Dr. Bomeli is the best! He diagnosed a rare disease that I had that three other doctors misdiagnosed. He has a great personality and is very professional. He performed surgery on my windpipe. All went great and I'm doing very well. I highly recommend him.
in Atlanta |
Dr. Bomeli is the best! My name is Travis Cline and I have had four previous failed sinus surgeries from another doctor in the Atlanta area. Each previous failed surgeries left me in agonizing pain with long horrible recovery times, and not to mention none of the surgeries fixed my ongoing breathing problems and never ending sinus infections. Dr. Bomeli performed my fifth sinus surgery last week with great results, minimal pain, and a fast recovery time! I highly recommend Dr. Bomeli!!
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Bomeli is very knowledgeable, professional, and personable. I appreciated the time he took to explain things and answer my questions. My surgery went well and he called to check on me the evening after my surgery. He shows attention to the details and concern for his patient. I have already recommended him to friends!
in Marietta, GA |
Thyroid/parathyroid surgery is a very complicated endeavor that is best accomplished by a surgeon who has very specific training and who performs the procedure(s) frequently. Dr. Bomeli has both qualifications. The data suggests that patients treated by surgeons with Dr. Bomeli's experience have significantly lower chances of complications. In my case, a complicated thyroidectomy/partial parathyroidectomy was performed by Dr. Bomeli. I had no complications and very little discomfort.
in Alpharetta, GA |
Dr. Bomeli is professional and courteous and a very good listener. He is efficient and shows that he cares about the patient. My mother is 79 and she felt very comfortable speaking with Dr. Bomeli and he was respectful and addressed her needs perfectly. Dr. Bomeli diagnosed fluid in my mother's ears and a round of antibiotics and steroids did not help so he helped her feel comfortable with the decision to get a tiny tube put in her ear and did so with the minimum of discomfort for my mother.
in Stockbridge, GA |
I had a failed parathyroid surgery with another Dr. in 2008. Due to complications of hyperparathyroidism-bone pain,osteoporosis-I had to find another surgeon and he came highly recommended by my new endocrinologist. A 2nd surgery is always riskier and it takes a highly skilled surgeon to even attempt it. Dr. Bomeli was able to find the adenoma even though it did not show up on any scans! He listens to all your questions & addresses all your concerns.His staff is great also.Thank you, Dr. Bomeli.
in Canton, GA |
I recently had a diagnosis of a growth on my thyroid gland through a sonogram performed by a company at our church. To make the story short, I was referred to Dr. Bomeli by my family doctor. Dr. Bomeli was absolutely great to work with on my recent surgery. He ran tests, communicated with my family doctor about the surgery, and told me what to expect. Surgeries are never fun, but this one was very easy. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr. Bomeli to anyone needing care for a thyroid or neck issue.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Bomeli, MD?
Are you Dr. Bomeli?