Dr. Steven Best, DMD

Dr. Steven Best, DMD

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  ·
Dr. Steven Best, DMD is an oral & maxillofacial surgery specialist in Summerfield, NC. He graduated from Nova Southeastern College of Dental Medicine and practices oral & maxillofacial surgery.Read his story

1015 NC Highway 150 W Ste B

• MetLife
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Best

Dr. Best's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Best "Steven P. Best, DMD, received his Doctorate in Dental Medicine degree from Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Upon graduation, he was awarded Outstanding Student in Implant Dentistry. Dr. Best completed his residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Broward General Medical Center and Memorial Regional Hospital, both Level I Trauma Centers in South Florida. Prior to residency, he completed a one-year internship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Christiana Care Health System in Wilmington, Delaware. Dr. Best's major focus and experience have been in pathology, dental implants, soft and hard tissue reconstruction, facial trauma, and dental extractions. He has lectured on the local and national level, and has published an array of scientific and clinical journal articles on trauma, pathology, reconstruction, dental implants, and emerging technologies. Dr. Best co-authored a chapter on ear reconstruction in the textbook, Current Therapy in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Best's practice philosophy combines thoughtful treatment planning with careful attention to detail, which allows patients to confidently make informed treatment decisions. He is dedicated to providing meticulous surgical skill with compassionate care, in a comfortable environment. For patients who have apprehension about their surgery, Dr. Best provides IV sedation with a fully trained staff, and the most up-to-date equipment. Dr. Best and his family love living in North Carolina. In his spare time, he enjoys traveling, camping, sports, and spending time with his wife and five children."

This content was provided by Dr. Best "We will do everything we can to schedule your appointment as quickly as possible. If you are in pain or have an emergency situation, every effort will be made to see you that day. We understand that your time is valuable, and we want to eliminate waiting in our office. However, given the nature of surgical procedures and individual circumstances, some surgeries may go over their scheduled time. When this happens, we sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding. Please know that you will also receive the same specialized care and attention to detail in a non-rushed environment."

1  Practice Areas

• Jaw Tumor
  • Mandibular Hypoplasia
  • Maxillary Hypoplasia
  • Tempormandibular Joint Pain

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Utah Valley University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Nova Southeastern College of Dental Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Christiana Care Health System
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Broward General Medical Center
  • Memorial Regional Hospital

Dr. Best has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Best has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Best does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Best and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Best's Reviews

4.5
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Best to family and friends

Dr. Best's Performance

I was very impressed with my experience at your office. You have an awesome team. Thanks so much for everything!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Thanks Bobby, for choosing us and for your kind words. We're glad we could help.

Always had fear of the dentist until today. Best dental experience I've ever had. The staff were very friendly and made me feel very comfortable. Thanks Dr. Best your awesome you took the time to explain everything and you were very kind and you have lots of patience. I highly recommend Northwest...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Thanks Donna! That's high praise, and we're glad you felt so comfortable.

Thrilled with the service that I received from Dr. Best today. He was very conscious of keeping costs to a minimum, and he did a fabulous job with my extraction. Dr. Best's office and staff are both very nice. Will definitely return if necessary.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Thanks Ron, for choosing us and for the very kind words.

Everyone is very professional&very kind. I was greeted with a smile&felt comfortable&welcome. I will recommend to my family&friends.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Thanks Tonya! Since we're in the smile business, we're glad yours is in working order again! Thanks for the recommendation.

Wonderfully friendly and knowledgeable staff. Dr. Best even called after I got home to see how I was feeling. I would definitely recommend him!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Thanks for the vote of confidence; we're glad you're feeling better.