Dr. Steven Bernick, MD

Gastroenterology ·  Male

Dr. Bernick

MADIGAN ARMY MEDICAL CENTER

9040 Jackson Avenue Tacoma, WA 98431

Dr. Steven Bernick, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Tacoma, WA and has been practicing for 8 years. He graduated from Usuhs F E Hebert Sch Of Med in 2004 and specializes in gastroenterology, internal medicine, and more.

Dr. Bernick accepts

Dr. Bernick accepts the following insurance:

Tricare

2 disciplinary actions Found
  • Disciplinary action in another state (4/7/2016)View details
  • Other (2/6/2015)View details
2 board actions Found
  • Unprofessional Conduct (5/18/2017)View details
  • Unprofessional Conduct (5/14/2015)View details
Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check Dr. Bernick's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Diverticulosis, Intestinal
  • Duodenal Ulcer
  • Duodenitis
  • Dysphagia
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Esophageal Varices
  • Esophagitis
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Ulcer
  • Unexplained Weight Loss
  • Vomiting Disorders

Dr. Bernick is a dedicated, conscientious physician with a stellar academic background and broad range of clinical experience in Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, and Medical Acupuncture. This includes over 20 years active duty military service, w...

• Gastroenterology

Dr. Bernick?
Dr. Bernick's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Steven Bernick, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Bernick was my GI MD for 3years. He was very professional in all appointments. What I respected most was his willingness to listen to my input regarding diet changes I had made that were helping me be asymptomatic w/ my Chrons. He also took care of his health with diet and exercise, which I respected and absolutely look for in a physician. If I had a flare-up, he was immediately available via email/phone for new Rx/refills, if warranted, while I scheduled an appointment. Excellent physician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Bernick, MD?
Dr. Bernick was wonderful! Super friendly and professional. He really took his time to explain things to me and genuinely cared for my health.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Bernick, MD?
Dr. Bernick was great. Even though his schedule was completely full, he gave up his lunch hour to see me in clinic when I had an acute problem. He is very knowledgeable and kind.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Bernick, MD?
Dr. Bernick provided excellent care for both my wife and myself, who both underwent procedures and outpatient clinical visits under his care. He provided excellent information and was clearly up to date on the latest gastroenterology literature. He has my wholehearted recommendation and gratitude for his help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Bernick, MD?
Excellent bedside manner and extremely thorough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Bernick, MD?
Dr Bernick seems very knowledgeable about my disease, and that gives me great confidence in the treatments, and course of action that he recommends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Bernick, MD?
I was very thankful to be under the care of Dr.Bernick when I was going through medical changes that were not just physically but emotionally draining me. He gave me the support I needed medically and guided me as a professional through my ptsd from previous doctors.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Bernick, MD?
Dr. Bernick was my Dr. for approx. 5 years. He diagnosed me as having ulcerative colitis and treated me until his retirement from the United States Navy. He was very thorough in his examination that lead to the diagnosis of my disease. He followed my progress on medications he prescribed and changed them if results were not satisfactory. He ensured that I Had a smooth transition to the Dr. assuming his position upon his retirement. I will miss him a darn good Dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Bernick, MD?
Dr. Bernick is a highly skilled and efficient practitioner with an excellent bedside manner. As an anesthesia provider I have worked with him on high risk patients and can say patient safety is paramount in his practice. As a patient and family member of a patient, I specifically requested him to perform procedures on both myself and family member based on my assessment of his skill and safety. He additionally provided excellent follow-up care and education.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Bernick, MD?
Dr. Steven Bernick, MD, was my gastroenterologist for the past five years; I suffer from ulcerative colitis. Throughout his care was outstanding and he was able to medically drive my disease to remission. He constantly searches for new drugs and treatment regimes that will improve quality of life. He listens well, respects patient inputs and rights. I have been extremely pleased with the care he has provided and would recommend him in strongest terms to patients with US or other gastro problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Bernick, MD?
Dr. Steven Bernick is a very caring a competent physician. He expertly treated me during my unexpected illness. He not only took the time to listen to me, as I explained the symptoms I was experiencing, but educated me on the results of my lab work and other extensive studies. He also ensured that I was on the road to recovery after my hospitalization. I cannot say enough about his professionalism and skill as a physician. Without reservation I would recommend Dr. Bernick be your physician!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Bernick, MD?
As an Anesthesiologist providing services for endoscopy patients in Dr. Bernick's practice and as a patient previously in his care, I have found him to be exceptionally skillful, professional, and pleasant to work with. After 3 years of observing his patient care, I made a point to ensure he was the endoscopist for my initial screening colonoscopy because of the respect and confidence I have in him. Dr. Bernick is the finest Gastroenterologist I have worked with in my 15 years as a physician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Bernick, MD?
Dr. Steven Bernick has an extensive medical knowledge that places him among the best gastrointestinal doctors in the country; and his diligence in both patient understanding and follow up care far exceeds that of many of his peers. Dr. Bernick is through and takes extra care to ensure that his patients not only understand their condition but also every step in their treatment process. Dr. Bernick is professional and friendly. He gives his patients hope, and greets them with an infectious smile.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Bernick, MD?
Dr Bernick identified a long standing, previously undiagnosed condition. By doing so, we were able to address the condition, substantively improving my quality of life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Bernick, MD?
Dr. Bernick took care of me as a patient for several years. He shows compassion for his patients. Dr. Bernick spends adequate time in appointments, makes sure that you understand treatment plans and options, and gives you the tools and information to help assist you make the best decision for you. Dr. Bernick responds to emails promptly, acknowledges concerns and reacts quickly. Dr. Bernick is very knowledgeable and I would recommend him for everyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Bernick, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bernick?