Dr. Steven Benyas, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryMaleAge 50

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Dr. Steven Benyas, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Westborough, MA and has over 21 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of North Carolina At Chapel Hill in 2001.

Dr. Steven Benyas, MD

Greater Boston Psychiatry PC

45 Lyman St Ste 19 Westborough, MA 01581

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Benyas' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Benyas accepts

Dr. Benyas' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Benyas

2.8

Dr. Benyas

I 100% support everything stated the review below. Dr Benyas is extremely condescending, money hungry, and his demeanor feels like a performance. I felt uneasy the entire time I was seeing him- something always felt "off." He does not put the work into helping his patients and conducts appts more like a business transaction than a path towards recovery. He made my depression feel like a hopeless road that I would have to trudge through forever, but it would all be okay because he would be by my side the entire time so he could collect a paycheck :) I feel terrible for posting this publicly- I feel like he's a genuine person deep down who is trying his best to help. But his "I'm so sorry to hear that" statements played like a broken record- he appears more like a helpless concerned friend-of-a-friend than someone who has the power to listen and come up with concrete solutions to save people's lives. It makes me more sad than angry. His emails/texts are also extremely unprofessional.
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Apr 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Benyas, MD?
Go to him only if you want easy access to psychiatric meds. Benyas is super condescending, and believes medication is the only solution to mental health problems. Provided me absolutely zero help during the worst time of my life. He'd pretty much just listen to me cry over zoom and say "I'm sorry". The cashier at the gas station could've told me that much. He is extremely money hungry and will still charge you even if you let him know well in advance that you can't make it to sessions. Initially he seemed like a good guy but I would never recommend him.
Jun 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Benyas, MD?
Typical psychiatrist. Has no idea how dangerous the meds are.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Nov 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Benyas, MD?
I have been Dr. Benyas' patient for a year. He is very easy to talk to and has helped me get through a truly terrible year. He isn't judgemental and tries hard to work with you. He is a great listener.
Holden, MA – Aug 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Benyas, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Benyas?