Dr. Steven C. Anagnost, MD

Dr. Steven C. Anagnost, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male | 49 years old

316 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

The vast majority of patients can be treated successfully without surgery. Conservative treatments often include physical therapy, medication, traction, injections, and chiropractic care. When these measure fail, surgery is sometimes the final step. Patients are understandably scared of the prospect of surgery. Many are worried about painful and prolonged recovery, as well as permanent scarring. It is because of these valid concerns of patients, that many surgeons have intensely investigated less invasive ways of treating back pain surgically. This was the advent of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery. The basic concept is simple. Surgeons wish to treat the conditions of the spine, like disc herniations and bone spurs, with as small an incision and as little tissue and muscle damage as possible. God gave us the muscle and the bone for a reason, because we need it. There is nothing manmade that we can put in the spine, that functions as well as what God originally designed for us.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Anagnost's Experience

See how Dr. Anagnost's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Anagnost

Dr. Anagnost accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Anagnost has admitting privileges.

Dr. Anagnost's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Anagnost to family and friends
4.5
Experience with Dr. Anagnost
Dr. Anagnost's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (312)
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr A helped me when no one else would. I had a large disc heriation in my back. I trust him.
in Tulsa, OK |
I had neck fusion with Dr Anagnost, and I am doing great. He is very professional and did a great job.
in Tulsa, OK |
I had minimally invasive back fusion with Dr Anagnost. I am walking and doing great . I only had a tiny incision. Dr Anagnost did a fantastic job. I trust him and appreciate all he has done for me.
in Tulsa, OK |
I had neck surgery with Dr Anagnost. He did a fantastic job. I feel incredibly better. I recommend Dr Anagnost for anyone who has neck and back pain. Dr Anagnost really helped me.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr Anagnost treats my mom and I both. He has done injections on her and helped to avoid surgery which is great.
in Tulsa, OK |
My neck has been hurting for years. I could hardly feel my hands and could not even write. My doctor sent me to Dr Anagnost. He found the problem right away and made a plan to fix it. I am glad I finally got to see him. Other doctors were very rude to me but Dr A treated me kindly.
in Tulsa, OK |
I have neck and arm pain. I had been seeing a chiroprctor and it still hurt . My doctor sent me to see Dr Anagnost who found the problem and showed my xrays to me. He is very professional and kind.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr Anagnost is awesome. He did surgery on my neck. He did a fantastic job. I felt better immediately. I will only see Dr Anagnost for my spine now. I really trust him.
in Tulsa, OK |
I had back surgery with Dr Anagnost. Before surgery my pain was an 8/10 constant pain. Now my pain level is 2/10 off and on only. I am much better thanks to Dr Anagnost.
in Tulsa, OK |
I broke my back in 9 different places. Dr Anagnost was able to help me without surgery which was great.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr Anagnost did a great job with my surgery. I trust him.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr Anagnost is an honest and skilled doctor who has been a big help to me with my neck and back problems.
in Tulsa, OK |
I had a large back fusion operation by another doctor. I went to see Dr Anagnost for a second opinion. He found what was wrong and fixed it. My leg pain is gone now, and I am much better after Dr Anagnost surgery.
in Ft Gibson, OK |
My surgery was the best thing to have happened to me. When I made it to the ER, I was ready to die because I was in so much back pain. One month after surgery and I am able to walk short distances without a walker. Dr. Anagnost is the best doctor/surgeon I have ever had any dealings with and I will recommend him to all of my friends and family because he truly cares about his patients.
in Tulsa, OK |
I suffered with back pain for years. I had injections which only helped for a short bit. Dr Anagnost identified my problem and did surgery. I could tell a difference immediately. Dr A did a great job.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr Anagnost did minimally invasive back surgery on my daughter She is doing fantastic. He is treating me as well. Dr Anagnost is a fantastic surgeon who has taken great care of my family.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr Anagnost treated my broken back without surgery. We are grateful for all he has done for us.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr Anagnost has operated on my son and many people in our community. He has really helped a lot of people and we appreciate his cars and all he has done for us.
in Tulsa, OK |
Very professional and straightforward. He explained my condition and made a plan to help me with my long term back pain.
in Tulsa, OK |
I had previous back surgery by another doctor. I was still in severe pain. Dr Anagnost found the problem and showed me on the MRI. He explained it to me and spent a lot of time with me so I understand my condition.
in Tulsa, OK |
I had band aid back surgery with Dr Anagnost back in 2011. It was amazing . My pain was gone immediately gone. I am very thankful for all Dr Anagnost has done for me.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr Anagnost identified my problem in my back and started treatment right away. I really appreciate him and his staff.
in Alqueria Gasens, A |
I broke my neck and I was in horrble pain. Dr Anagnost operated on me and my pain is gone. I am very happy with all he has done for me.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr Anagnost fixed my neck with surgery. I am tons better. He is a great doctor and I recommend him.
in Tulsa, OK |
I had failed neck and back surgery in Tulsa by another doctor. Dr Anagnost was able to see what went wrong and he fixed it. I recommend him higjly.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr Anagnost has treated my back pain without surgery for years now. He is always helpful and explains things to me. I recommend him for anyone who has back pain. I dont have to take pain meds at all anymore.
in Tulsa, OK |
I had back fusion with Dr Anagnost. I am doing amazing. I felt better right away. He did a great job.
in Muskogee, OK |
He cares about his patients , he will not give up until you feel better .
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr Anagnost did a great job on my back surgery. I trust him. He has always bwen honest and explains things well for me.
in Tulsa, OK |
I had neck surgery with Dr Anagnost 6 weeks ago. I am doing great and back to work I feel 100% better ! Thank you Dr Anagnost.
in Salina ok |
I had surgery on 11/04/2017 I am now without pain and I am going back to work 11/09/2017. I am very happy with this doctors work .
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr Anagnost did a great job on my neck and back surgery. I really appreciate all he has done. I am back to my life again.
in Tulsa, OK |
I had a fracture i my back and Dr A treated me without surgery i am feeling better. I am glad we did ot have to do surgery.
in Tulsa, OK |
I had back surgery with Dr Anagnost. My leg pain was better immediately. He dis a great job and I am glad I had the operation done wirh him.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr Anagnost performed his minimally invasive surgery for me. I felt better the same day I had the surgery. It helped immediately.
in Tulsa, OK |
I had the minimally invasive back surgery with Dr Anagnost. When I woke up from surgery, my leg pain and weakness were gone as soon as I woke up. I would recommend Dr Anagnost to anyone who has back problems.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr A is very kind and professional. He has helped my neck pain without surgery. I recommend him.
in Tulsa, OK |
Very professional and knowlegable.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr Anagnost did a fantastic job on my back surgery.
in Tulsa, OK |
I had minimally invasive back surgery with Dr A. I was in terrible pain before the suegery, and now my pain is gone. Dr Anagnost helped me walk again Thank you !!
in Tulsa, OK |
I am a missionary spreading the word of God all over the world. Dr Anagnost has kept me going all these years. I could not have done it without him. I trust him.
in Tulsa, OK |
I was suffering every day with my back pain. I was terrified about sutgery. I had to have something done. Dr Anagnost did minimally invasive surgery on my back. He did a great job. I feel great. I trust Dr Anagnost.
in Tulsa, OK |
I had neck surgery with Dr Anagnost. It really helped He did a great job. I recommend him.
in Tulsa, OK |
I have had back problems for years. No one would help me. They all just told me to lose weight. I met Dr Anagnost and he liatened to me . He explained my MRI and diagnosis to me . He is helping me with my pain now. I appreciate Dr. Anagnost.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr Anagnost performed surgery for my neck pain. I am doing great. I feel great. He did a fantastic job.
in Tulsa, OK |
I had minimally invasive back surgery with Dr Anagnost. I am so much better now. I went home the same day as my surgery. I woke up feelong so much better. My friends and family are amazed at how well I am doing. I recommend Dr Anagnost highly.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr Anagnost has treated my back pain with injections and I have been able to avoid surgery.
in Tulsa, OK |
I had surgery wirh Dr Anagnost. He did a great job. I have been good for 8 YEARS NOW. I spend time traveling the world with my wife.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr Anagnost did a minimally invasive fusion for me. I am so much better. He did a great job. I recommend him highly.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr Anagnost did neck surgery on me 14 years ago and I am doing great still. He is an awesome doctor ans surgeon. He has taken care of my son as well. We all trust him. Thank You Dr. A.
Have you seen Dr. Steven C. Anagnost, MD?
Are you Dr. Anagnost?

Compare Dr. Anagnost

Dr. Anagnost says...

Dr. Steven Anagnost has dedicated his career to bringing the advantages of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery and procedures to Oklahoma, pioneering new laparoscopic spine surgery techniques and bringing these techniques to patients and spine surgeons throughout the world.

Dr. Anagnost came to Tulsa in 1999, to bring the benefits of Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery to Oklahoma. Prior to his arrival, there was no Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery being performed in Tulsa. He has patented and pioneered multiple spine surgery techniques and developed new tools and instruments used throughout the world, to improve MIS surgery outcomes, procedures and spinal surgery recovery times.  Dr. Anagnost has been recognized as one of the leading innovators in United States for MIS techniques for spine surgery and procedures.

There has been extensive statistical analysis of Dr. Anagnost's superior quality of care for his patients. This data was compiled from thousands of patient surgeries performed by Dr. Anagnost, and is found in the now famous LaPolla Report. The report shows that Dr. Anagnost provides superior outcomes when compared to other surgeons in the field of spinal surgery, both in Oklahoma as well as national comparisons. These superior outcomes include shorter length of hospital stay, less blood loss, fewer complications, and lower cost per case.

Dr. Anagnost has taught the benefits of "band aid spinal procedures", using Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery, all over the world.  He has pioneered minimally invasive back procedures and technology.  He is one of the founding members of the Society of Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgeons (SMISS), which is the largest Minimally Invasive Spine Society in the World.  Dr. Anagnost also founded the Less Exposure Spine Society (LESS), which also promotes technologically advanced spinal procedures and training for surgeons and patients to understand and utilize the tremendous benefits of outpatient spinal surgery.

Many surgeons in Oklahoma do not perform Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery, because the surgeon will make less money.  Dr. Anagnost does not believe that money should direct a patient's care.

Dr. Anagnost's Care Philosophy

When these measure fail, surgery is sometimes the final step. Patients are understandably scared of the prospect of surgery. Many are worried about painful and prolonged recovery, as well as permanent scarring.

Dr. Anagnost says...

As a founding member of the Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery and the Less Exposure Surgery Society, Dr. Steven C. Anagnost is a world renowned orthopedic spine surgeon and pioneer in the minimally invasive spine (MIS) surgery community. Dr. Anagnost graduated from Emory University and performed his Spine Surgery fellowship at the prestigious Leatherman Spine Institute. Dr. Anagnost is a friendly, compassionate, and easy-to-talk-to person who is focused on helping his patients make educated decisions. Thousands of happy patients have trusted their spinal care to Dr. Anagnost.

Dr. Anagnost says...

As a researcher, Dr. Anagnost has been recognized for multiple research projects.   He has been rewarded nationally for the Top Research of the Year 2000 in his work on the effects of smoking and spinal fusion.  He has also researched and pioneered new procedures and instrumentation in the field of minimally invasive spine surgery.  Dr. Anagnost has passionately pursued his research in spinal surgery and presented his research to doctors throughout the United States and the world.

Dr. Anagnost's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Oklahoma not available
  •  Sanctions found
  •  Board actions found

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

Dr. Anagnost has received 2 sanctions

• Disciplinary action in another state (8/15/2014)
    • Action Taken: License Restricted
    • Summary: Please reference the following Document
    • Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    • State: Kentucky
    • Other (9/12/2013)
    • Action Taken: Consent Order
    • Summary: Dr. Steven Constantine Anagnost; License # 21194; NATURE OF COMPLAINT: Voluntary submittal to jurisdiction. ACTION TAKEN: The physician shall appear before the Oklahome Medical Board documenting successful completion of continuing medical education in the area of billing and medical recordkeeping and completion of an ACGME-affiliated spine visiting fellowship prior to resuming surgical practice in Oklahoma. The physician shall also pay a $10,000 fine plus costs before resuming surgical practice in Oklahoma.
    • State: Oklahoma
    Board Action

Dr. Anagnost has 1 board action

• Other (1/16/2014)
    • Action Taken: Release from Prior Order
    • Summary: Dr. Steven Constantine Anagnost; License # 21194; NATURE OF COMPLAINT: The physician completed all requirements ordered by the Oklahoma Medical Board 09-12-2013 Consent Order & Agreement. ACTION TAKEN: No Board limitation on the physician's surgical practice in Oklahoma.
    • State: Oklahoma

University Louisville School Med

Completed in 1998

Leatherman Spine Center

Completed in 1999

Dr. Anagnost does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Anagnost and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Surgery
  • Orthopedic Neck Surgery
  • Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive Surgery

• Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (ALIF)
  • Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection
  • Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injection
  • Lumbar Facet Joint Injection
  • Lumbar Transforaminal Injection
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (PLIF)
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation