Dr. Steven Anagnost, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 52

Dr. Anagnost

Dr. Steven C. Anagnost

10131 S Yale Ave Fl 2 Tulsa, OK 74137

Dr. Steven Anagnost, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Tulsa, OK and has been practicing for 20 years. He graduated from University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine in 1993 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, orthopedic neck surgery, and more.

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Anagnost

3.0131826741996233%

Dr. Anagnost?
Dr. Anagnost's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Steven Anagnost, MD
My opinion of Dr, A, is he is a gift from above. After consulting with 2 separate Orthopedic surgeons I chose Dr. A because of the shorter time of surgery & a much shorter recovery period. He fully explained the procedure & everything turned out GREAT. No more pain in my right leg. & a 4 week recovery period which I can already tell will eliminate the pain I had in my right leg. I was also informed the surgery took a little longer than expected because he found 4 bone spurs that didn't show up on the MRI. He also removed the the bone spurs during the normal surgery. Thank you Dr. A for a job done professionally & expertly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Anagnost, MD?
It's a known fact, that if your provider recommends spinal surgery, you then proceed to get facts from a Spinal surgeon. To put your mind at ease it's best to get at least two (2), different opinions. I, however, did not with my first Cervical ACDF surgery 3 years ago. After surgery I suffered with excruciating pain, telling my doctors that something was very wrong. I was continually ignored, and was prescribed strong pain medications. I was even told that there were no problems seen on my MRI. Thankfully, I wised up and found a new set of doctors. Dr Steven Anagnost looked at my MRI, then scheduled further testing. He then said that surgery was needed to correct the existing problem, and also to repair damage to new problems. My ACDF surgery is now a level four, and it was very successful. I highly recommend Dr Steven Anagnost, to be your first and only spine surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Anagnost, MD?
Dr. Anagnost performed Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery on me it was called a SI Joint Fusion. I suffered on and off for several years. In February of this year the pain started again from low back all the way down the right leg, limping, dragging right foot. Dr. Anagnost ordered MRI and X-rays, he diagnosed my problems and made a plan for me. My surgery was on May 17th, 2019. I felt good when I woke up from the anesthesia. My first time out of bed the pain was gone in my right leg, no limping or dragging the right foot. My Sister was in the room with me she was amazed that so soon after the surgery how well I was walking without pain. It's amazing with such a small incision. Dr. Anagnost has a great staff that works with him. He cares about you and wants you to be able to live your life pain free. I found a "Gem" when I met Dr. Anagnost. Thank you, Dr. Anagnost you are such a Blessing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Anagnost, MD?
I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to be out of pain in my lower back. This is possible due to the surgery I had by Dr. Steven Anagnost. In the past 15 years I have tried steroids shots that didn't work and 3 years ago I had shots in my back to deaden the nerve. That worked for a while but it was only masking the problem, not fixing it. It became much worse. I was in so much pain I couldn't walk at times. My daughter called Dr. Anagnost office and they were able to get me in for a consultation with the doctor. Within a few days I had an MRI, x-rays and My follow up appointment to go over the results. He was very detailed in explaining the problem and how he would fix it. I was fortunate to get in later that week for surgery at Pryor Hillcrest hospital. I was able to come home just a couple of hours after the surgery pain free!! Because of the M.I.S.- Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery I had very little discomfort from the very small incision. I Highly recommend Anagnost!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Anagnost, MD?
It was an excellent experience. He explained the procedure, he did it , and had insrtant relief.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Anagnost, MD?
The rest of my review, per my second surgery with Dr Anagnost. The hospital in Tulsa where my neck surgery was performed closed, so I had to drive to Pryor for the lumbar L4-L5 disc replacement with 360° fusion, a reserved approach, leaving L5-S1 to address the actual issue without being too aggressive but achieve the best results. I was terrified of the ride home because the pain was so intense after pre-op checks just days earlier. I could walk around my room within hours and to skip a bit ahead, the ride home was next to pain free and the knife that had been in my thigh was finally gone. Once I heal completely, I don't anticipate any problems, those surgeries are solid. I will only entrust my spine to him. So grateful to God Dr Anagnost has been knocking an area of pain out at a time. I destroyed most of my spine and he's been gaining the most relief possible starting with the most intense, eliminating as we go. I thank God for this man! We still have work to do but he will fix me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Anagnost, MD?
The ladies at the front desk are very friendly, the nurses were kind and answered my questions fully. Dr. Anagnost made me feel comfortable with the choices that I had. He completely explained procedures and I felt good with the decisions that were made.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Anagnost, MD?
Dr. Anagnost has great bed side manors, was open and honest with me. I had a disc bulging into my spinal cord causing extreme pain to my right foot and lower leg. Before my surgery, I went to PT, this did not help. PT made the pain worse, I was on pain meds and I was walking around with a limp and bent over. I had out patience surgery, I walked into the hospital as described above, 4 hours later I walked out as if nothing ever happened. That was fifteen years ago and I am still as good as new.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Anagnost, MD?
I have had 2 procedures by Dr. Anagnost. The first in 2009 with excellent results, I remained pain free until 2018. I just recently had my 2nd minimaly invasive surgery and again I received immediate relief. I would recommend Dr Anagnost to anyone who is in need of back surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Anagnost, MD?
I can't praise or recommend Dr. Anagnost HIGH enough! He performed my back surgery (non-invasive L-4 Lamenectomy) and I couldn't believe it when I awoke from recovery I had absolutely NO pain! I had suffered for quite awhile with horrible pain and I was just hoping for some relief. It has been almost 3 weeks now and I feel like a new woman. Being a nurse for 38 years I can't recommend Dr. Anagnost HIGH enough. He gave me my life back. Thank you Dr. A.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Anagnost, MD?
For more than a year I had so much back pain I couldn’t walk around the block. Dr Anagnost did my surgery a month ago and I felt good the minute I woke up from the anesthesia. I’m still in a back brace and will be for awhile but have no pain. He had to do a lot of work on me but with minimal incision. He has a great team working with him. I’m so blessed to have found this Dr. thank you Dr Anagnost. You’re a true Blessing
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Anagnost, MD?
Dr Anagnost did a minimally invasive spinal operation on me. I felt immediately better. I was suffering for years before my surgery. It is amazing how much better he made me feel. I appreciate Dr Amagnost for all he has done for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Anagnost, MD?
I had back surgery by another surgeon. It did not work. I had heard great things about Dr Anagnost so I went to see him. He was very kind, and diagnosed my problem quickly. He performed his minimal invasive surgery on me, and I feel GREAT. Thank you so much Dr Anagnost for giving me my life back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Anagnost, MD?
I have been suffering with back pain for years I finally met Dr Anagnost and he quickly saw my problem and started a plan for my recovery. He explains rhings well and is honest and very helpful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Anagnost, MD?
I love doctor A and all his staff awesome. My back first went out in 2003. I suffered for a long time with my back out of all of the surgeons I seen in 15 years Dr. A is the only one I have ever let do surgery on my back he is kind and understanding and has been a great deal of help to me, thank you dr. Anagnost
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Anagnost, MD?
I had minimally invasive back surgery with Dr Anagnost over 2 years ago. I could not believe how quickly I felt better after surgery. It is now over 2 years and I am still doing great. I no longer suffer with back or leg pain. Dr Anagnost has helped me to live life again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Anagnost, MD?
I had both neck surgery and back surgery with Dr Anagnost. He has given me my life back. I will nit see anyone else for my back or neck. Dr Anagnost is a great doctor who listens and cares about me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Anagnost, MD?
I was in terrible pain with my back. I saw a buch of doctors, all of whom told me I needed a fusion with screws and rods. I was scared. I finally got to see Dr Anagnost who told me he could help me with Minimally Invasive spine surgery and not a fusion. He explained my MRI and was very patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Anagnost, MD?
I had previous neck surgery by another doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Anagnost, MD?
I was having neck pain and weakness. I saw another doctor who wanted to do a huge major neck surgery. I was scared. I met Dr Anagnost, and he showed me how I could be helped with a much smaller minimal surgery. He spent a lot of time with me and answered all my questions in detail. I trust Dr A.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Anagnost?

The vast majority of patients can be treated successfully without surgery. Conservative treatments often include physical therapy, medication, traction, injections, and chiropractic care.
When these measure fail, surgery is sometimes the final ...

• Orthopedic Neck Surgery

1993
1989

Dr. Anagnost accepts

(918) 701-2000

Dr. Anagnost accepts the following insurance:

Coventry Health Care of Oklahoma

1 disciplinary action Found
  • Disciplinary action in another state (8/15/2014)View details
1 board action Found
  • Disciplinary action in another state (11/17/2017)View details
Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Oklahoma

Check Dr. Anagnost's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Anagnost's Top Procedures and Conditions

Dr. Anagnost performs Resection or Ablation of Bone Tumor, Partial or Complete Resection of Bone, Debridement of Bone more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Anagnost performs this procedure more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Anagnost treats Sacrum Disorders more than 94% of his peers

Dr. Anagnost treats this condition more than 94% of his peers

Dr. Anagnost's conditions and procedures:

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (ALIF)
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Neck Pain
  • Neuroplasty
  • Neurostimulation
  • Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (PLIF)
  • Pyogenic Arthritis
  • Thoracic Disc Disorders
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Torticollis
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Anagnost treats patients.