Dr. Stephens Taylor, MD

Dr. Stephens Taylor, MD

Vascular Surgery  ·
Dr. Stephens Taylor, MD is a vascular surgery specialist in Spokane, WA. He graduated from University Mississippi School Medicine and specializes in vascular surgery, peripheral vascular surgery, and more.Read his story

910 W 5th Ave Ste 900

Spokane, WA 99204

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross of Idaho
  • Group Health Cooperative
  • Medicare
  • Premera Blue Cross
  • Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Taylor

See how frequently Dr. Taylor performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
Thrombosis
Vascular Surgical Procedure
high

Dr. Taylor's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Taylor's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Taylor "I am a fellowship-trained vascular surgeon with extensive experience in endovascular and open vascular surgical procedures, especially limb salvage, since 1991. I am, first and foremost, dedicated to having the knowledge, skill and diligence needed to provide superior service and outcomes for the patients I serve. My patient-care results are verified superior by Health Grades and the Michigan Hospital Association. In addition to my experience and skills as a surgeon I have over 25 years of education and experience in hospital organizational management, medical-staff leadership, medical-staff quality, inter-specialty collaboration, healthcare finance, procedural-coding and practice finance issues. I am enthusiastic that healthcare delivery can be improved in terms of efficiency, cost and patient satisfaction. I believe that communication between members of the health care team is the most important necessity for achieving superior results for patients. I have strategies for affordable access to high-quality specialty services, accountable execution of best-practice guidelines and solutions to complex service-line operational issues. I look forward to opportunities to network and share my experience. Please contact me if I can be of assistance. "

This content was provided by Dr. Taylor "It has been my honor and privilege to serve patients as a vascular surgeon for 24 years.  I have prioritized my duty to serving patients above everything in my adult life - above personal interest, family and politics.  I have devoted countless minutes, hours and years to education, submission to the authority of my mentors, attention to detail, development of skills, working with teams of doctors, nurses, therapists and volunteers  but most importantly being unflaggingly present with patients in the most trying of times for them and for me. I have had the honor of being mentored by some the most iconic vascular surgeons of the past 100 years and to have held the hands of patients and families to laugh or weep with them in the most joyous or difficult of experiences. I have developed innumerable relationships with colleagues in my specialty and other specialties over my career.  I recognize that communication between colleagues may be the most important thing to serve a patient and their family before and after the knife meets the skin - to build consensus agreements of what should be done before and after the operation starts - but also that once the procedure begins that qualities of tenacity, creativity, innovation and critical analysis are essential to the full effort of devotion to the patient I serve.  "

• Vascular Surgery
  • Endovascular Surgery
  • Peripheral Vascular Surgery
  • Vascular Medicine

• Vascular Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Carotid Artery Stenosis
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Chronic Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Limb Swelling
  • Limb Swelling Caused by Fluid Overload
  • Median Arcuate Ligament Syndrome (MALS)
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm and Dissection
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease of Extremities
  • Peripheral Arterial Dissection
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Artery Disease
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis
  • Renal Artery Arteriosclerotic Disease
  • Ruptured Aortic Aneurysm
  • Secondary Hypertension
  • Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Varicose Veins
  • Venous Compression
  • Venous Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Venous Insufficiency

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• University Of Mississippi
  • University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Other Education | Completed 2014
  • University Of The South, School Of Theology
    Other Education | Completed 2000

• Listed by Health Grades Best Hospitals 2003 for peripheral vascular bypass, October 20

Dr. Taylor has no media or publications listed.

• Icelandic

Dr. Taylor does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Taylor and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Taylor's Reviews

3.4
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Taylor to family and friends

Dr. Taylor's Performance

My husband's condition was a very complicated and Dr. Taylor saved his life and his leg. My experience with Dr. Taylor is that he is very pragmatic. He handled us with the most non-evasive measures possible and with the right decisions of care, which is the most important aspect of all. We are...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Truly appreciated the time that Dr. Taylor took to make sure that all of our questions were answered. He explained the procedure fully and the outcome exceeded expectations.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Will listen to what you have to say and asked questions to ensure he understood your problem. He prefers noninvasive methods over surgery but will use surgery when necessary.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr Stephens Taylor was very belittling, extremely rude and the worst Doctor I have ever seen. Just because my symptons were not present at the time of my appointment does not mean I am lying about them or they are non existent. I have never walked out on a doctor appointment before but he made me...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

I apologize that you had a bad experience. I hope that we may be able to win your favor again, as your experience is not at all indicative of our patient care standards. If I can help you are welcome to email me at stetay@rockwoodclinic.com