Dr. Stephen J. Zimmermann, MD

Dr. Stephen J. Zimmermann, MD

Internal Medicine | Male | 47 years old

Learn about this Doctor

Personal Bio

Dr. Zimmermann won a 2016 PRC National Quality Excellence Award as a 5-Star provider, based on the number of his...Read more

Dr. Zimmermann's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Zimmermann's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Zimmermann

Dr. Zimmermann accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Zimmermann has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Zimmermann's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zimmermann to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Zimmermann
Dr. Zimmermann's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (25)
in Miramar Beach, FL |
Dr. Zimmermann obviously cares about his patients evidenced by the friendly and courteous staff he employs to the time he seems to take with each of his patients. With three visits under our belts, we have found all appointments to be timely and the staff extremely helpful answering questions and assisting with the documentation associated with Dr. visits. Most importantly however, we have found Dr. Zimmermann to be a great listener and explainer of medical conditions. We Are Happy w/ Dr. Z.
in Destin, FL |
Dr. Zimmermann is one of the kindest, caring physicians in our area! He always has a smile on his face and takes the time to listen to all my questions and concerns. Always timely and if running behind, he will give me the same attention-time as he gives others!
in Destin, FL |
I have been seeing him for 13 years and have never been disappointed. He has GREAT "bedside" manner, and is always very concerned about how I feel. His diagnosis of an issue is always correct. At 74 years old he is the best doctor I have EVER been to and that covers a lot of territory.
in Destin, FL |
Dr. Zimmermann is one of the most caring and concerned doctors I have ever had and I am in my 70's. He gave me his cell phone number years ago and told me not to worry about using it. In the ten+ years i have been his patient I have only used that number twice, but he was so quick to respond and help me out of a bind. Dr. Zimmermann has always given me the time I required to satisfactorily answer any concerns which I had. I have recommended my friends to Dr. Zimmermann with total faith.
in Destin, FL |
I have gone to Dr. Zimmerman for 10+ years, and visit every 6 months. I have never felt rushed, slighted, or uncomfortable, and everything is always explained fully. The same goes for his terrific staff in his office. I have recommended him to several friends, and they are now his patients.
in Niceville, FL |
Dr. Zimmermann takes his time with you. He does not just sit check boxes on the computer while you are in the exam room (unlike many other docs). He has taken fabulous care of me and my family for many years. He also takes great care of my aging parents who have a laundry list of issues. He is very personable. The scheduling system and staff could use some improvement. I put up with them because he is so great.
in Santa Rosa Beach, FL |
best doctor I have ever had. Have referred him many times
in Niceville, FL |
JUST SAW DR ZIMMERMANN YESTERDAY !!! I HAD A GREAT VISIT WITH DR Z!!!!!! HE IS THE BEST DOCTOR ANYWHERE !!!!!!! HE IS A WONDERFUL MAN!!!! THANKS DOCTOR Z !!!!!!!!!!! Kenny Sheffield
in Miramar Beach, FL |
Dr. Zimmermann is the most capable internist I have had over my 81 years. He's very professional, at the same time he has a wonderful sense of humor..... something you don't find often in medics. Anyone in the Panhandle of Florida who needs an outstanding doctor should contact Dr. Z!
in Warsaw Ky |
I am a snow bird who loves that I can go between home and Dr. Z with no issues. He is the most caring and provides the best care for me.
in Destin, FL |
Dr. Zimmermann is one of the most caring and compassionate doctors we have ever been to. He detected a heart problem with my husband ten years ago that literally saved his life. Seven previous doctors in a four month period never found the root of the problem. His professionalism goes above and beyond the call of duty. I sincerely wish there were more people like Dr.Zimmermann in the field of medicine. During a sick or annual visit to his office he is never rushed and makes you feel like family
New York, NY |
I started new ins Jan.1st and listed Dr Zimmerman as my PCP. This was done through a customer svc rep. She informed me I could make an appt immediately. Great, I have a viral infection that as gone into my eyes and I can finally go for treatment..Yay! ..Not so fast.. I called the dr's ofc and was talked to like an idiot for assuming it was that simple. I was told I first needed to go to his office and fill out a form, wait 4-10 days and then I would find out if he would accept me or not. Shame!!
in Kingwood, TX |
Dr. Zimmerman has been our trusted family Doctor since he opened his practice in Destin. He saw my husband through many health problems prior to his death from heart disease, and continues to be my primary physician. He is knowledgeable and caring. This would have been an entirely 5 star rating, except that the girls on the phones tend to be abrupt and less than caring.
Have you seen Dr. Stephen J. Zimmermann, MD?
Are you Dr. Zimmermann?

Compare Dr. Zimmermann

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.