Dr. Stephen Streitfeld, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryMaleAge 62

Dr. Streitfeld

Stephen V Streitfeld MD

7345 E Tanque Verde Rd Tucson, AZ 85715

Dr. Stephen Streitfeld, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Tucson, AZ and has over 35 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Miami School of Medicine medical school in 1986. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Streitfeld to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Streitfeld's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Streitfeld treats this condition more than 62% of his peers

Dr. Streitfeld's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

Dr. Streitfeld accepts

Dr. Streitfeld accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Streitfeld's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Streitfeld

2.2

Dr. Streitfeld?
  • Explained conditions well (14)
  • Listened & answered questions (13)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (13)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (30)
  • Appointment was rushed (29)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (28)
Dr. Streitfeld has been prescribing pills (I hesitate to say he treated or cared about me) to me for several years. I have found him to be very arrogant, stubborn, and a real clock watcher. He rarely affirms my thoughts or wishes and yells and screams too often. I feel more anxious after seeing him than I did before! Finally he knows I am hearing impaired and speaks at a whisper, often inserting unfunny jokes that I struggle to laugh at, trying to be polite. I could never recommend him to anyone I cared about.
May 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Streitfeld, MD?
Several visits. Multitude of problems. 1. Changed my meds, blew off my questions about side effects. I experienced several significant side effects. 2. Sent my prescriptions to the wrong pharmacy even though I told them that pharmacy is almost 100 miles from where I live. 3. I switched to mail order pharmacy. Doc didn't send in my prescription AT ALL. After 10 days waiting for meds I found error and called Dr. to resubmit the prescription. 4. Dr. resubmitted but sent in refill date for 1 month in the future. Been without my med for 3 weeks. Finally found the problem after several long phone calls. 5. Since Dr. is not providing any value I asked to change from monthly visits to visits every 3 months. Dr. was visibly irritated. I am 69 years old and have NEVER in my life had a Dr. mess up as many times as this one.
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Feb 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Streitfeld, MD?
Everyone at the office is always very friendly and helpful. The Dr has been a great help to me.
Michele H – Nov 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Streitfeld, MD?
This psychiatrist was one of the worst psychiatrists I have ever been to, and I have been to plenty! He made me feel worse about myself than I already did. Take my advice -- go to anybody else but him!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Nov 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Streitfeld, MD?
Dr. Streitfeld is one of the best!! Amazing office staff as well!
Mar 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Streitfeld, MD?
My son has been seeing him for years. Strietfeld almost nevers talks to my son. My son can not stand him anymore because Streitfeld teases him. It is obvious that it irrates my son,but every visit he starts off with the same crap. Once I suggested that my son should be talked to and not just prescribed medicine. He agreed that was a good idea and suggested that we find someone to talk to my son. Hello! Isn't that what you should be doing? I am in the process of finding a new doctor. We
AZ, AZ – Jan 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Streitfeld, MD?
I found him to be arrogant and condescending. The staff is excellent.
AZ – Jan 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Streitfeld, MD?
This guy is so full of himself. I was a patient of Dr. Steitfeld for just over 7 months and I thought it was weird that he asked me what medications I wanted to try. I'm no expert. He made a rude comment during my last appointment and I decided it was time to find a new person. He overreacted after I told him the commute was far and that I might need to find someone new. He said people come from different states to see him. He will make you feel bad about yourself if he doesn't agree.
Former Patient in tucson – Feb 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Streitfeld, MD?
I’ve only seen him three times but I’ve seen many psychiatrists and he is one of the best! Great attitude, cares, listens & includes you in the decision making process. And his receptionist is very sweet. What’s not to like?!
Compton, CA – Nov 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Streitfeld, MD?
Went to see the Dr for treatment of Depression. He took some background & was impatient & aloof during interview. Every time I went back after initial appointment/1st prescription, he asked me "what I wanted to do now". Told him I was there to get his recommendation. When original drug provided no relief, he began giving me samples of medications he wanted me to try. (I appreciated he was trying to help me save money). He continued to ask "What do you want to do now?" so I quit seeing him
Connie Wilson in Tucson, AZ – Oct 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Streitfeld, MD?
I found this doctor be an arrogant, dismissive, uncaring, unsympathetic pill-pusher. He did not listen, dismissed my emotions and health concerns. In a 15-minute office visit, there is no time for listening; there is only time to write the latest prescription. I found it disconcerting to be asked by someone who went through medical school what medication do I want to take? I don't know, I'm not the one who went to medical school. Less than helpful.
Tucson, AZ – Aug 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Streitfeld, MD?
EXHAUST ALL YOUR OTHER OPTIONS BEFORE SEEING THIS DOCTOR. Like other reviewers, if I could give 0 stars, I would. I moved from out of state and have fairly restrictive insurance coverage, so Streitfeld was one of three psychiatrists available to me, and the one who had the earliest availability. Here's why I won't ever be going back, and think it'll be worth it to be another doctor's waitlist until November. 1) He dismissed all of my prior diagnoses within 20 minutes for absurd reasons rangi
Tucson, AZ – Jul 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Streitfeld, MD?
Dr Streitfeld is the most caring and compassionate Dr I have ever met . His response time when we needed him was wonderful. His staff Tera and Kate were always kind and thoughtful . He always tried to start with the least medication possible . Thanks for caring, Carol and Scott
Tucson, AZ – Jun 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Streitfeld, MD?
Dr. Streitfeld overdosed my father on seratonin and he ended up in the hospital. In an 8 year period, he prescribed 10 different medications and when he started to get really agitated in mid-March, he pulled him off of everything cold turkey and he ended up in the hospital with Seratonin Syndrome.
Chesapeake, VA – Apr 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Streitfeld, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Streitfeld?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry