Dr. Stephen T. Staelin, MD

Dr. Stephen T. Staelin, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance - TOA 4230 Harding Pike Ste 1000, Nashville, TN 37205 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Staelin specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery and practices in Nashville, TN. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Staelin? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Staelin's Experience

96Experience
Match

See how Dr. Staelin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Staelin

Dr. Staelin accepts 26 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Staelin has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Staelin's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Staelin to family and friends
4.2
Experience with Dr. Staelin
Dr. Staelin's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (37)
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Staelin performed carpel tunnel release on my hand two weeks ago. From my first visit with him, making arrangements for surgery and follow up I was impressed with the expertise and quality of care I received. The nurses at Baptist Ambulatory Center were knowledgeable, efficient and professional. The Physical Therapist at TOA was terrific in working with me and explaining what needed to be done and why. Dr. Staelin was a pleasure to have as my physician and my procedure is a success.
Columbia, TN |
He was a very good doctor. I had surgery on wrist and now am out of worst pain. I was very impressed with my surgery and the whole staff.
in Clarksville, TN |
I had been putting off having a trigger finger fixed but it become so painful I decided to go to TOA in Clarksville. Dr Staelin was the doctor I saw because I wanted a hand surgeon.I can not say enough great things about the treatment I received.I was anxious about having surgery on my hand again. Dr Staelin recommend a procedure that would be done in the office..He and his staff were wonderful. I have full use of my hand and I can crochet again.
in Brentwood, TN |
Doctor Staelin is a excellent doctor. I had a severe broken wrist and he operated and it has come back be on my expedtation. I still have a lot more Rehab on it but it is coming along fine.
in Clarksville, TN |
I would highly recommend Dr. Tyler Staelin. He is very caring and did an awesome job on my hand surgery for Trigger Finger. I also had a wonderful experience with Dr. Staelin's staff at the TOA Clarksville office and St Thomas Surgicare.
in Barlow, KY |
Dr. Staelin is knowledgeable, professional, and provides excellent patient education. He discusses the options, answers questions, addresses your concerns, and gives you realistic expectations regarding your procedure and the outcome. He repaired my husband's complex wrist injury, removed a lypoma, and alleviated his carpal tunnel pain - all in one procedure. My husband had very little pain afterward, and continues to improve beyond our expectations thanks to Dr. Staelin's excellent work!
in Barlow, KY |
My wrist was injured in a motorcycle wreck. It was injured so bad that Dr. Staelin it was a very bad case. He took me on as a patient and performed surgery and now he has given me about 20 more years of use out of my hand and wrist that I would not have had without the surgery. Thank you Dr. Staelin I can now ride my new motorcycle thanks to you!!!
in Antioch, TN |
after a fall, l had to make trip to the ER. I had a bone sticking out of my arm (elbow). I am so grateful that Dr. Staelin was there and did surgery the same day. It took some work with 3 months of therapy but I am so thankful that I have full use of my elbow. I had a radial head replacement and a plate and 10 screws. Remarkable.
in Nashville, TN |
On my 1st visit he assessed my ongoing issue & immediately set a surgery up for me & went over each step of the surgical process. The hand was in very poor condition,by sight it was hideous & it was very painful. After surgery I had NO PAIN! I didnt need pain pills after! He removed a lot of glass that was in my hand & I had severe carpal tunnel,he smoothed my hand out bc it was lumpy from the accident & my cuts were neat & stitched perfectly! A visit wtih him is like visiting an old friend!
in Clarksville, TN |
Dr. Staelin repaired my son's wrist January 2015. He reattached 3 tendons and the scar is minimal. This past January I had a wrist injury. Dr. Staelin recommended therapy first to correct the issue without rushing to surgery. I followed his and the therapist's instructions and my wrist has improved 100%! I just had my follow up appointment with Dr. Staelin and I do not need surgery. His office demeanor and this staff are impeccable!
in Pulaski |
He explained every thing step by step of what he was going to do and what to expect after surgery
Dr. Starlin rushed me and did not take time to thoroughly explain things. I just felt like a number. He took out a cyst on my hand and made my hand worse (as far as functionality) and with an ugly disfigured scar. I also now have a dip in my hand. His patient rapport is standoffish.
Have you seen Dr. Stephen T. Staelin, MD?
Are you Dr. Staelin?

Compare Dr. Staelin

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

Why It Matters: Dr. Staelin's Board Certifications

• Hand Surgery

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture

• Hand or Wrist Tendon Transfer
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1996

In University School Of Med
    University Of Wi Hospital and Cli

Dr. Staelin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Staelin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Staelin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Staelin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  • Board certified in Hand Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Staelin

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Staelin's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Staelin

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients