Dr. Stephen Staelin, MD

Dr. Stephen Staelin, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |

Dr. Stephen Staelin, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Nashville, TN. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 21 years.

Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance

• CHAMPVA
  • Golden Rule
  • Group Health Cooperative

Learn about Dr. Staelin

See how frequently Dr. Staelin performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Trigger Finger
Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

Dr. Staelin's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Hand Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture

• Hand or Wrist Tendon Transfer
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• University of Michigan / Ann Arbor
  • University Of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Indiana Hand Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Staelin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Staelin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Staelin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Staelin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Staelin to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Staelin's Performance
Gallatin |
Dr. Staelin performed surgery at the base of my thumb, removed a small bone and created a new joint with adjacent tissue. Surgery was 90 days ago and the result has been incredible! I am now pain free!
in Hopkinsville |
Dr. Staelin has been caring for my hands for close to 10 years now. He is thorough but wont put you thru alot of unnecessary tests. He has handled my broken thumb, my carpel tunnel, my trigger finger, a joint fusion and a torn wrist ligament. His office is well managed, it is easy to get a timely appointment, and you are not kept waiting in the office.
in Nashville, TN |
I was referred to Dr. Staelin by the urgent care clinic I visited in regards to a fracture in my finger. Dr. Staelin informed me at my appointment the following week that I would need surgery to correct my finger. I was nervous and anxious but he did an AMAZING job fixing my finger. I am now about 6.5 weeks post op and my finger is practically back to normal, maybe even better before (along with the help of physical therapy). I can't thank Dr. Staelin enough and would highly recommend him!
Nashville, TN |
So helpful, knowledgable and patient!
Fairview, TN |
Can't give enough praise for the surgery Dr. Staelin did on my husbands hand. It has been like turning a switch off where the pain was concerned for my husband, he is sleeping now with no burning pain in his arm through the entire night. In and out for surgery and recover was 3 hours! Telling anyone that may need surgery on their hand/hands, need to get intouch with this surgeon, he's the BEST!
in Nashville, TN |
My first appointment with Dr. Staelin was made in 3 days. I was having trigger finger on my right thumb which is very painful. He was very attentive and listened to what I had to say. I received a cortisone injection which alleviated the symptoms for 5 weeks. I called his office for a follow up appointment and was seen the following day! During this visit he explained that I needed a minor procedure and did it during the visit. I would recommend him to any one with hand or finger problems!
Clarksville, TN |
I was very pleased with all of the staff in the office. Dr. Staelin was wonderful and didn't rush through visits. He explained everything so I could understand it and has an excellent bedside manner. I would definitely recommend him and would go back to him if the need arises.
in Rock Island, TN |
I have had 3 very successful hand surgeries by Dr Staelin: 2009 (L) ThCMC Arthroplasty/CTR ; (R) thumb in 2013. All pain relieved! 2014 I had my (L) middle finger knuckle replaced for OA. It has worked very well, returning all use. As he explained I have had to make some minor adjustments - less "pinching" strength. I think this doctor and his staff truly care about their patients as well as good outcomes. Yesterday he gave me 2 cort. shots for OA in other knuckles. Today I can use my keyboard
in Greenbrier, TN |
I first me Dr. Staelin in the er when I had a olecranon fracture (ulna) radial head and dislocated right elbow. He took the time to come to the er and relocate my elbow. He later did surgery using pins and wires to repair the broken bones. Later he removed the wires. I have been pleased with outcome of the surgery. I would highly recommend him for his knowledge, surgical skills and bed side manners.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Staelin was referred to us by our primary care physician to treat my fractured wrist. He and his staff were excellent in every respect. He took the time to carefully explain the care options for my wrist and I had an excellent result, under his care. I will recommend him to my family and friends. His office staff were cheerful and friendly to me and to my husband. The wait times were reasonable. I highly recommend Dr. Staelin.
in Paducah, KY |
Dr. Staelin is an amazing hand surgeon! From the first moment I met him I was impressed with his personality and knowledge. Throughout my pre, post, surgery as well as all the visits in between I have been super pleased! I feel like he has treated me like he would someone in his family . That right there is what I want in a doctor. He has continually been active and caring about my concerns. He always takes then time to answer all my questions. His skills are top notch!
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Staelin did a wonderful job for my surgery. I was afraid of my surgery after what I had read about the type of surgery that I was having. The surgery was a success and I credit Dr. Staelin for his expertise.
in nashville |
Very friendly and good at what he does. I highly recommend Dr. Staelin to anyone I know.
in Nashville, TN |
Highly recommend, my carpal tunnel surgery was a success as I'm back to normal 100%. The consult, procedure, surgery, follow up was great. Dr. Staelin, Nina, front desk people were wonderful.
in Lebanon, TN |
Dr. Staelin is an excellent physician and surgeon. I have been very pleased with the quality of care he has provided and the results from treatments and surgeries! If you have ANY hand issues, go see Dr. Staelin!!!!
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Staelin performed carpel tunnel release on my hand two weeks ago. From my first visit with him, making arrangements for surgery and follow up I was impressed with the expertise and quality of care I received. The nurses at Baptist Ambulatory Center were knowledgeable, efficient and professional. The Physical Therapist at TOA was terrific in working with me and explaining what needed to be done and why. Dr. Staelin was a pleasure to have as my physician and my procedure is a success.
Columbia, TN |
He was a very good doctor. I had surgery on wrist and now am out of worst pain. I was very impressed with my surgery and the whole staff.
in Clarksville, TN |
I had been putting off having a trigger finger fixed but it become so painful I decided to go to TOA in Clarksville. Dr Staelin was the doctor I saw because I wanted a hand surgeon.I can not say enough great things about the treatment I received.I was anxious about having surgery on my hand again. Dr Staelin recommend a procedure that would be done in the office..He and his staff were wonderful. I have full use of my hand and I can crochet again.
in Brentwood, TN |
Doctor Staelin is a excellent doctor. I had a severe broken wrist and he operated and it has come back be on my expedtation. I still have a lot more Rehab on it but it is coming along fine.
in Clarksville, TN |
I would highly recommend Dr. Tyler Staelin. He is very caring and did an awesome job on my hand surgery for Trigger Finger. I also had a wonderful experience with Dr. Staelin's staff at the TOA Clarksville office and St Thomas Surgicare.
in Barlow, KY |
Dr. Staelin is knowledgeable, professional, and provides excellent patient education. He discusses the options, answers questions, addresses your concerns, and gives you realistic expectations regarding your procedure and the outcome. He repaired my husband's complex wrist injury, removed a lypoma, and alleviated his carpal tunnel pain - all in one procedure. My husband had very little pain afterward, and continues to improve beyond our expectations thanks to Dr. Staelin's excellent work!
in Barlow, KY |
My wrist was injured in a motorcycle wreck. It was injured so bad that Dr. Staelin it was a very bad case. He took me on as a patient and performed surgery and now he has given me about 20 more years of use out of my hand and wrist that I would not have had without the surgery. Thank you Dr. Staelin I can now ride my new motorcycle thanks to you!!!
in Antioch, TN |
after a fall, l had to make trip to the ER. I had a bone sticking out of my arm (elbow). I am so grateful that Dr. Staelin was there and did surgery the same day. It took some work with 3 months of therapy but I am so thankful that I have full use of my elbow. I had a radial head replacement and a plate and 10 screws. Remarkable.
in Nashville, TN |
On my 1st visit he assessed my ongoing issue & immediately set a surgery up for me & went over each step of the surgical process. The hand was in very poor condition,by sight it was hideous & it was very painful. After surgery I had NO PAIN! I didnt need pain pills after! He removed a lot of glass that was in my hand & I had severe carpal tunnel,he smoothed my hand out bc it was lumpy from the accident & my cuts were neat & stitched perfectly! A visit wtih him is like visiting an old friend!
in Clarksville, TN |
Dr. Staelin repaired my son's wrist January 2015. He reattached 3 tendons and the scar is minimal. This past January I had a wrist injury. Dr. Staelin recommended therapy first to correct the issue without rushing to surgery. I followed his and the therapist's instructions and my wrist has improved 100%! I just had my follow up appointment with Dr. Staelin and I do not need surgery. His office demeanor and this staff are impeccable!
in Pulaski |
He explained every thing step by step of what he was going to do and what to expect after surgery
Dr. Starlin rushed me and did not take time to thoroughly explain things. I just felt like a number. He took out a cyst on my hand and made my hand worse (as far as functionality) and with an ugly disfigured scar. I also now have a dip in my hand. His patient rapport is standoffish.
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Staelin, MD?
Are you Dr. Staelin?

• Health Net
    Medicare Advantage PFFS
  • HealthPartners
  • HealthSmart
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedCost

Nashville, TN 37236
Saint Thomas West Hospital
4220 Harding Road Po Box 380
Nashville, TN 37205

More Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists like Dr. Staelin at Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance

Orthopedic Surgery Specialist