Dr. Stephen Snyder, MD

Dr. Stephen Snyder, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Stephen Snyder, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Van Nuys, CA. He is 70 years old and has been practicing for 44 years.

6815 Noble Ave

Van Nuys, CA 91405

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Snyder

See how frequently Dr. Snyder performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
Joint Pain
high
Complications of Joint Prosthesis

Dr. Snyder's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Snyder "At the Southern California Orthopedic Institute, we are dedicated to providing the best possible care available for people of all ages and all walks of life. In addition, we serve as a leading educator of orthopedic surgery technique to surgeons around the world."

Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Ataxia
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery

No malpractice history found for California.

• Oregon State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1969
  • Oregon Health and Science University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1973
  • Harbor General Medical School
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1974
  • Orthopaedic Hospital Of Los Angeles & Univeristy Of Southern California
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981

Dr. Snyder has no media or publications listed.

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

Dr. Snyder's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Snyder to family and friends
Dr. Snyder's Performance
Mission Hills, Calif |
Dr Snyder is a incredible surgeon. The care he has given me is the best. He listens to me and is so kind. I am so fortunate to be his patient and am so greatful??
Redondo Beach, CA |
Dr. Snyder operated on my shoulder a few weeks ago and I can say that the experience has been awesome. He’s an incredibly caring physician who possesses world renowned surgical skills. His staff is considerate and helpful and the use of an online system to check in and communicate has been very helpful. I would recommend my closest loved one to Dr. Snyder without reservation. He’s tremendous.
Kapaa, HI |
Dr. Snyder is extremely knowledgeable, gentle and kind. He is an amazing doctor and a sweet man.
San diego, CA |
If you want the best shoulder surgeon in the country... here he is!
in Minnesota |
Dr. Snyder is the best. I came from Minnesota to have my shoulder operated by him. He is the top shoulder doctor. His years of experience are invaluable in performing successful results. I have had both shoulders repaired by him and am so grateful for his expertise in performing the surgery and his excellent followup. His team of nurses, anesthesiologists and support staff made for a very positive experience. and excellent outcome. Thank you, Dr. Snyder.
in Anaheim, CA |
Dr Snyder’s combination of knowledge, experience, innovation-surgery skills, and focus on the patient makes him the type of surgeon every patient wants to have; Dr. Snyder also is very professional in all aspects, he typically sees you when your appt is scheduled, he is prepared for your visit, and this is how his Southern California Orthopedics Institutes operates.
in Los Angeles, CA |
My recent experience with Dr. Stephen Snyder and his team has been outstanding. Dr. Snyder is an excellent surgeon and a very kind person. He was extremely thorough in explaining my diagnosis and procedure. Several friends recommended Dr. Snyder to me. They unanimously agreed that Dr. Snyder was the only surgeon I should go to for my shoulder surgery. I am thrilled I took their advice.
in Rancho Cucamonga, CA |
I would recommend Dr. Snyder to anyone seeking help with shoulder injuries. After consulting two other doctors for my shoulder problem, this was by far the best possible choice.. The combination of a highly skilled surgeon and a genuinely nice person, is very rare in medicine. It is well worth the long drive. I need to thank the Dr. friend that recommended Dr. Snyder.
in Westlake Village, CA |
Dr Snyder and the staff are very professional and competent. The surgery and recovery were much easier than I expected. My confidence in Dr Snyder was well justified. I recommend him without reservation.
in Encino CA |
Dr Snyder made me feel confident in the procedure that was recommended . The operation was a bit more than we all anticipated but went well and with much less pain than I expected. I assume that is so because of his talents as a surgeon. The attentiveness of the staff and surgical group on the day of my surgery was wonderful and comforting and the aftercare has also made me feel very "taken care of".
in Loma Linda, Calif |
I was recommended to Dr. Snyder's practice by my usual orthopedic surgeon,for the arthroscopic shoulder surgery that I had been seeking. In comparing notes with my oral surgery, fishing buddy, it turned out that he himself had undergone shoulder surgery by arthroscopic means several years ago by Dr. Snyder. I have been absolutely thrilled at the level of care provided by Dr. Snyder and his whole team! As a periodontal health care provider, I have been provided a great example to follow.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Very caring and knowledgeable professional
Pacific Palisades, CA |
He is the "go to" doctor for rotator cuff surgery! I live in the Santa Monica / Marina Del Rey area with many choices for excellent orthopedic specialists who are affiliated with Cedars Sinai and UCLA, but I still chose to travel to the San Fernando Valley to be treated by Dr. Snyder. He operated on my other shoulder three years ago.
Santa Monica, CA |
Truly the greatest shoulder surgeon that I could imagine. Took time to walk me through it all I spoke with 3 other surgeons and chose Dr. Snyder. He's simply brilliant!
in Chatsworth, CA |
I tore my rotator cuff in a skiing accident. I knew that I would need surgery to repair it. I am a Registered Nurse and have worked in I.C.U. for 40 years. I was not going to let just anyone work on my shoulder. I did my research and decided that Dr. Snyder was my man for the job. I could not be happier. The surgery went well. Before the surgery, my shoulder ached all the time. Since the surgery, I have no pain! I LOVE this man!!
Santa Ana, CA |
Very caring and very detailed on what is expected, and always felt like i was in good hands and never once had doubts .. I would recommend Dr Snyder to anybody needing shoulder surgery..
in Apple Valley, CA |
Top notch care team. I could not have asked for a better experience. Recommend them without reservation.
Los Angegeles, CA |
Dr Snyder is indeed everything I had read about him; i was very nervous of course as I went to meet him and take his view of my shoulder MIR. He answered all my questions plus explained in detail what he would do. I was very impressed and I left at peace. A week after surgery I received daily emails enquiring of my progress etc. And giving me a chance to ask questions if needed. The whole experience is great.
Beverly Hills, CA |
Very caring. Great recommendations!!
in Los Angeles, CA |
My father has had both of his shoulders worked on by Dr. Snyder in the past...as soon as I knew that I had an injured shoulder that needed surgical repair, going to Dr. Synder was a no-brainer. He is the best at what he does. I felt very comfortable and confident in his care. I would recommend Dr. Snyder to everyone in need of shoulder surgery.
in Ventura, CA |
A few years ago, I was a referred to Dr. Snyder by an orthopedic surgeon who diagnosed that I needed reconstructive surgery for my chest and shoulder. I was told that I would never play catch with my son again. I was in excruciating pain and needed help. Dr. Snyder, however, recognized that I did not need surgery. I had a massive calcification in my shoulder, which Dr. Snyder treated in a single office visit. Now, I pitch batting practice to my Little League team twice a week with ZERO pain.
in Redondo Beach, CA |
he is extraordinarily clear, patient, well organized and kind. physicians say he the best. he is also conservative.
in Pacific Palisades, CA |
Dr. Snyder is the ultimate professional. He is compassionate and considerate, as well as being well-informed regarding the most recent technical advancements in his field (shoulders). My wait times have been minimal and his communication (via Healthloop, a web-based tool) has been consistent and helpful.
in Burbank, CA |
Dr. Snyder was a consummate professional from my initial diagnosis through surgery and rehabilitation. he carefully explained the process, procedure and what to expect. Equally, his staff has shown a great deal of care and interest in my questions and recovery. Surgically, I'm told he is one of the best and most experienced in this type of shoulder procedure which made me feel confident and secure.
in Simi Valley, CA |
I trust Dr. Snyder. I went to him about 10 years ago with similar conditions, but he said it did not require surgery, it healed naturally several months later. This time was different, it required surgery to repair my shoulder, rotator cuff tear, bicep tendon tear, bone spur, etc. I had only slight pain the first 24 hours, then none. Others I've talked to said they had lots of pain. Of course their surgery may have been more complicated then mine, but I'm very pleased with Dr. Snyder.
in La Canada, CA |
This was my second surgery with Dr. Snyder - his knowledge & experience is apparent in consultations & office visits, pre and post surgery. Dr. Snyder has a terrific "bedside manner" and communicates information in easy to understand manner.
in Chatsworth, CA |
Dr. Snyder is an outstanding orthopedic surgeon. He is a calm, kind, compassionate, and gentle man who goes out of his way to make the patient comfortable. He is always available to his patients, has developed educational videos to prepare patients and stays in contact with them daily post-op. He makes his patients feel confident and safe. His experience and expertise are of the highest quality. The staff is pleasant and professional as well. I recommend Dr. Snyder without any reservations.
in Culver City, CA |
Dr. Snyder is an incredible physician. He is kind and compassionate, attentive, understanding, and thoughtful. He takes the time to really explain what is going on and what he plans. I only wish I had found him before my first shoulder surgery!
in Northridge, CA |
My wife is in health care, and is well connected to other nurses. She gave Dr. Snyder a huge thumbs up for my rotater cuff surgery. He is easy to talk to, his sense of humor matches the situation, and he listens to my concerns.
in Northridge, CA |
I am new to CA so picking a doctor was difficult. Dr. Snyder was the very best decision I could have made. Surgery went very well and although my shoulder was in horrible shape, somehow he managed to complete this procedure and I have not had any pain that I would consider uncomfortable! I am very impressed considering this is my third shoulder procedure, worst condition before a procedure, and easiest to deal with after. Thank you so much Dr. Snyder!!!
Over many years, Dr. Snyder successfully operated on & fully restored my very athletic family's shoulders: husband's, 2 sons' ... and now mine! Dr. Snyder is extremely experienced, professional, kind & has a very supportive staff with educational & helpful information pre & post surgery. A+ Just remember to follow all instructions & do your disciplined best for an optimal outcome. :)
Sherman Oaks, CA |
Very professional and knowledgable. He made the experience easier. Z
in Palmdale, CA |
Very professional and knoledgeble, all projections are as he explains. Every question has an answer .
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Snyder, MD?
Are you Dr. Snyder?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center

Visit Dr. Snyder

Dr. Snyder accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Snyder has admitting privileges