Dr. Stephen Snyder, MD

Dr. Stephen Snyder, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

At the Southern California Orthopedic Institute, we are dedicated to providing the best possible care available for people of all ages and all walks of life. In addition, we serve as a leading educator of orthopedic surgery technique to surgeons around the world.

Dr. Stephen Snyder, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Van Nuys, CA. He is 69 years old and has been practicing for 44 years. Dr. Snyder is affiliated with Valley Presbyterian Hospital.

Dr. Snyder's Experience

See how Dr. Snyder's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Snyder

Dr. Snyder accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Snyder has admitting privileges.

Dr. Snyder's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Snyder to family and friends
    Dr. Snyder's Performance
    in Chatsworth, CA |
    I tore my rotator cuff in a skiing accident. I knew that I would need surgery to repair it. I am a Registered Nurse and have worked in I.C.U. for 40 years. I was not going to let just anyone work on my shoulder. I did my research and decided that Dr. Snyder was my man for the job. I could not be happier. The surgery went well. Before the surgery, my shoulder ached all the time. Since the surgery, I have no pain! I LOVE this man!!
    Santa Ana, CA |
    Very caring and very detailed on what is expected, and always felt like i was in good hands and never once had doubts .. I would recommend Dr Snyder to anybody needing shoulder surgery..
    in Apple Valley, CA |
    Top notch care team. I could not have asked for a better experience. Recommend them without reservation.
    Los Angegeles, CA |
    Dr Snyder is indeed everything I had read about him; i was very nervous of course as I went to meet him and take his view of my shoulder MIR. He answered all my questions plus explained in detail what he would do. I was very impressed and I left at peace. A week after surgery I received daily emails enquiring of my progress etc. And giving me a chance to ask questions if needed. The whole experience is great.
    Beverly Hills, CA |
    Very caring. Great recommendations!!
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    My father has had both of his shoulders worked on by Dr. Snyder in the past...as soon as I knew that I had an injured shoulder that needed surgical repair, going to Dr. Synder was a no-brainer. He is the best at what he does. I felt very comfortable and confident in his care. I would recommend Dr. Snyder to everyone in need of shoulder surgery.
    in Ventura, CA |
    A few years ago, I was a referred to Dr. Snyder by an orthopedic surgeon who diagnosed that I needed reconstructive surgery for my chest and shoulder. I was told that I would never play catch with my son again. I was in excruciating pain and needed help. Dr. Snyder, however, recognized that I did not need surgery. I had a massive calcification in my shoulder, which Dr. Snyder treated in a single office visit. Now, I pitch batting practice to my Little League team twice a week with ZERO pain.
    in Redondo Beach, CA |
    he is extraordinarily clear, patient, well organized and kind. physicians say he the best. he is also conservative.
    in Pacific Palisades, CA |
    Dr. Snyder is the ultimate professional. He is compassionate and considerate, as well as being well-informed regarding the most recent technical advancements in his field (shoulders). My wait times have been minimal and his communication (via Healthloop, a web-based tool) has been consistent and helpful.
    in Burbank, CA |
    Dr. Snyder was a consummate professional from my initial diagnosis through surgery and rehabilitation. he carefully explained the process, procedure and what to expect. Equally, his staff has shown a great deal of care and interest in my questions and recovery. Surgically, I'm told he is one of the best and most experienced in this type of shoulder procedure which made me feel confident and secure.
    in Simi Valley, CA |
    I trust Dr. Snyder. I went to him about 10 years ago with similar conditions, but he said it did not require surgery, it healed naturally several months later. This time was different, it required surgery to repair my shoulder, rotator cuff tear, bicep tendon tear, bone spur, etc. I had only slight pain the first 24 hours, then none. Others I've talked to said they had lots of pain. Of course their surgery may have been more complicated then mine, but I'm very pleased with Dr. Snyder.
    in La Canada, CA |
    This was my second surgery with Dr. Snyder - his knowledge & experience is apparent in consultations & office visits, pre and post surgery. Dr. Snyder has a terrific "bedside manner" and communicates information in easy to understand manner.
    in Chatsworth, CA |
    Dr. Snyder is an outstanding orthopedic surgeon. He is a calm, kind, compassionate, and gentle man who goes out of his way to make the patient comfortable. He is always available to his patients, has developed educational videos to prepare patients and stays in contact with them daily post-op. He makes his patients feel confident and safe. His experience and expertise are of the highest quality. The staff is pleasant and professional as well. I recommend Dr. Snyder without any reservations.
    in Culver City, CA |
    Dr. Snyder is an incredible physician. He is kind and compassionate, attentive, understanding, and thoughtful. He takes the time to really explain what is going on and what he plans. I only wish I had found him before my first shoulder surgery!
    in Northridge, CA |
    My wife is in health care, and is well connected to other nurses. She gave Dr. Snyder a huge thumbs up for my rotater cuff surgery. He is easy to talk to, his sense of humor matches the situation, and he listens to my concerns.
    in Northridge, CA |
    I am new to CA so picking a doctor was difficult. Dr. Snyder was the very best decision I could have made. Surgery went very well and although my shoulder was in horrible shape, somehow he managed to complete this procedure and I have not had any pain that I would consider uncomfortable! I am very impressed considering this is my third shoulder procedure, worst condition before a procedure, and easiest to deal with after. Thank you so much Dr. Snyder!!!
    Over many years, Dr. Snyder successfully operated on & fully restored my very athletic family's shoulders: husband's, 2 sons' ... and now mine! Dr. Snyder is extremely experienced, professional, kind & has a very supportive staff with educational & helpful information pre & post surgery. A+ Just remember to follow all instructions & do your disciplined best for an optimal outcome. :)
    Sherman Oaks, CA |
    Very professional and knowledgable. He made the experience easier. Z
    in Palmdale, CA |
    Very professional and knoledgeble, all projections are as he explains. Every question has an answer .
    Have you seen Dr. Stephen Snyder, MD?
    Are you Dr. Snyder?

Dr. Snyder's Care Philosophy

Dr. Snyder's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Snyder has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Snyder's Board Certifications