Dr. Stephen E. Smith, MD

Optometry | Male | 50 years old

Eye Associates Of Fort Myers
4225 Evans Ave
Fort Myers, FL 33901 Get Directions

Dr. Smith specializes in Optometry and practices in Fort Myers, FL. He practices at 3 locations.

Are you Dr. Smith? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Smith's Experience

See how Dr. Smith's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Smith

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Smith has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Smith
Dr. Smith's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (26)
Ft Myers, FL |
Too many patients! He took over another doc's patients months ago which has created serious problems getting an appointment. Just called to schedule an appointment. He wasn't available until FEBRUARY, over 5 months! The office tried to schedule an appointment (in only 2.5 months) with an optometrist he now has working for him. I pay for an MD, not an OD. Time to move on. My previous gripe was only with this office's waiting time. Expect anywhere from 30-45 minutes wait when you get there.
We are sorry you feel the need to move on from our care. With our office taking on more patients and growing at a fast rate, it has allotted for us to bring on more staff as well as our OD who is available for all of our existing and new patients, and also adjust our scheduling. Please note we get cancellations almost daily and we will be more than happy to put you on a cancellation list to allow you for an appointment at a closer date.
in Fort Myers, FL |
Started going to receive treatments for my dry eye. After multiple doctor appointments with a variety of doctors, I've finally found something that works. Dr. Smith and his office have multiple treatments and their coordinator helped me find the one best suited for my needs. I'm on treatment 3 and I've already seen such a difference. I'm so relieved.
Excellent all round!
in Ft Myers, FL |
Dr. Smith and his staff is always available when need be. During an urgent situation, Dr. Smith was out of town but their staff fit me in with one of their other doctors with no issue. Followed up with Dr. Smith a week later and all was resolved. I see Dr. Smith twice a year for 5 years so I have plenty of experience with this doctor. Very efficient and understanding and explains all in detail as need be.
in Fort Myers, FL |
Dr. Smith and his staff are the best and most helpful ones in the lee county area. My entire family see's Dr. Smith on a yearly basis. Great with kids and very attentive you as a person. Highly recommend for anyone searching for a good eye doctor.
in Fort Myers, Florida |
Dr. Smith is very thorough in his examinations of my eye problems. He explains his findings in a way that I understand. His staff is friendly and welcoming. As a new patient this makes me feel very comfortable. He has the latest in technology for examining the eye. I feel am in good hands with him as my doctor.
in Ft. Myers, FL |
One of my mechanics got debris in his eye on Thursday night. Dr. Smith's staff worked him in on Friday morning and the doctor removed metal from my mechanics eyelid, giving him a lot of relief. The doctor and his staff were very friendly, efficient, and professional. Top notch group.
in Lehigh Acres, FL |
Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Great eye doctor for myself and family, terrific surgeon on my father for his cataracts. My father can't get over how clear his vision is now. Nice selection in their glasses shop for all ages. My son (age 10) found a really nice first pair of glasses.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Comfortable, quick, finally at ease and receiving proper treatment with my symptoms. Great doctor and staff.
in Fort Myers, FL |
Great doctor for general eye care, also great with my daughter. Staff always available to answer my questions. Efficient office. I am self pay due to no insurance and payments are always affordable.
in Fort Myers, FL |
Attention do detail, efficient, nice doctor.
Fort Myers, FL |
I was introduced to Dr. Smith through a co-worker who has been seeing him for years. I went for a general eye exam and was a little nervous because I hadn't been to an eye doctor in years. I was so comfortable at this office. The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. I didn't expect to see the doctor himself but I did. He is very nice and you can tell he cares for each of his patients individually. I felt very welcomed at this office.
in Ft Myers, FL |
I went to Dr. Smith for my dry eyes. He suggested I try their laser treatments. It was 4 times once a month. After suffering from dry eyes for years, I finally have relief. This is the only doctor that went above and beyond suggesting eye drops. THIS REALLY WORKS!
in Fort Myers fl |
Dr. Smith is very caring and understanding, detailing any necessary procedures. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly .
Ft Myers, FL |
inattention to my glaucoma pressures rose significantly over 10 unnecessary procedures some of which were reversed arrogant attitude by him and a staff member
Have you seen Dr. Stephen E. Smith, MD?

Dr. Smith's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Optometry
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

Dr. Smith does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Smith and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Dr. Smith does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Smith and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Optometry

Dr. Smith does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Smith and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.