Dr. Stephen Smith, MD

Dr. Stephen Smith, MD

Optometry  |
Dr. Stephen Smith, MD is an optometry doctor who practices in Fort Myers, FL. He is 51 years old. Read his story

4225 Evans Ave

Fort Myers, FL 33901

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Smith

Dr. Smith's Experience

Dr. Smith's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Optometry

Dr. Smith's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Smith "Dr. Stephen E. Smith provides complete comprehensive eye care in a relaxed, friendly setting. His training at the Oshner Medical Foundation has given him a well rounded basis in general and specialty ophthalmology."

This content was provided by Dr. Smith "We are committed to paying attention to referring physicians and patients needs. Eye Associates has state of the art technology as well as an Optical Shop with great selections."

• Optometry
  • Cataract Surgery

Dr. Smith does not have any board certifications listed.

• Aphakia and Other Disorders of Lens

• Ocular Prosthetics
  • Relaxing Incisions, Corneal
  • Soft Contact Lenses
  • Vision Screening
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

• Emory University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Morehouse School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Smith has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Smith has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Smith does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Smith and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Smith's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Smith to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Smith's Performance
in Ft Myers, FL |
Dr. Smith has taken excellent care of my eyes, using the latest technology. I'm pleased to have him as my eye doctor.
Annie, Thank you so much for your nice review. Our goal is to, and always, provide quality eye care with our cutting edge technology.
Ft Myers, FL |
Too many patients! He took over another doc's patients months ago which has created serious problems getting an appointment. Just called to schedule an appointment. He wasn't available until FEBRUARY, over 5 months! The office tried to schedule an appointment (in only 2.5 months) with an optometrist he now has working for him. I pay for an MD, not an OD. Time to move on. My previous gripe was only with this office's waiting time. Expect anywhere from 30-45 minutes wait when you get there.
We are sorry you feel the need to move on from our care. With our office taking on more patients and growing at a fast rate, it has allotted for us to bring on more staff as well as our OD who is available for all of our existing and new patients, and also adjust our scheduling. Please note we get cancellations almost daily and we will be more than happy to put you on a cancellation list to allow you for an appointment at a closer date.
in Fort Myers, FL |
Started going to receive treatments for my dry eye. After multiple doctor appointments with a variety of doctors, I've finally found something that works. Dr. Smith and his office have multiple treatments and their coordinator helped me find the one best suited for my needs. I'm on treatment 3 and I've already seen such a difference. I'm so relieved.
Excellent all round!
in Ft Myers, FL |
Dr. Smith and his staff is always available when need be. During an urgent situation, Dr. Smith was out of town but their staff fit me in with one of their other doctors with no issue. Followed up with Dr. Smith a week later and all was resolved. I see Dr. Smith twice a year for 5 years so I have plenty of experience with this doctor. Very efficient and understanding and explains all in detail as need be.
in Fort Myers, FL |
Dr. Smith and his staff are the best and most helpful ones in the lee county area. My entire family see's Dr. Smith on a yearly basis. Great with kids and very attentive you as a person. Highly recommend for anyone searching for a good eye doctor.
in Ft. Myers, FL |
One of my mechanics got debris in his eye on Thursday night. Dr. Smith's staff worked him in on Friday morning and the doctor removed metal from my mechanics eyelid, giving him a lot of relief. The doctor and his staff were very friendly, efficient, and professional. Top notch group.
in Lehigh Acres, FL |
Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Great eye doctor for myself and family, terrific surgeon on my father for his cataracts. My father can't get over how clear his vision is now. Nice selection in their glasses shop for all ages. My son (age 10) found a really nice first pair of glasses.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Comfortable, quick, finally at ease and receiving proper treatment with my symptoms. Great doctor and staff.
in Fort Myers, FL |
Great doctor for general eye care, also great with my daughter. Staff always available to answer my questions. Efficient office. I am self pay due to no insurance and payments are always affordable.
in Fort Myers, FL |
Attention do detail, efficient, nice doctor.
Fort Myers, FL |
I was introduced to Dr. Smith through a co-worker who has been seeing him for years. I went for a general eye exam and was a little nervous because I hadn't been to an eye doctor in years. I was so comfortable at this office. The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. I didn't expect to see the doctor himself but I did. He is very nice and you can tell he cares for each of his patients individually. I felt very welcomed at this office.
in Ft Myers, FL |
I went to Dr. Smith for my dry eyes. He suggested I try their laser treatments. It was 4 times once a month. After suffering from dry eyes for years, I finally have relief. This is the only doctor that went above and beyond suggesting eye drops. THIS REALLY WORKS!
in Fort Myers fl |
Dr. Smith is very caring and understanding, detailing any necessary procedures. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly .
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Smith, MD?

Visit Dr. Smith