Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Stephen Slade, MD
Dr. Stephen Slade, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 39 years.

3900 Essex Ln

Houston, TX 77027

• AARP
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Guardian
  • Health Net
  • HealthSmart
  • MetLife

Learn about Dr. Slade

Dr. Slade's Experience

Dr. Slade's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Cataract
  • Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
  • Chalazion
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Color Blindness
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Progressive High Myopia
  • Pterygium
  • Retained Intraocular Foreign Body, Non-Magnetic
  • Retina Diseases
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Senile Cataracts
  • Ulcer
  • Uveitis and Iridocyclitis
  • Vertical Heterophoria
  • Visual Field Defects

• Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty (ALK)
  • Anterior Vitrectomy
  • Iridectomy
  • Keratomileusis
  • Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Photo Therapeutic Keratectomy
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Pterygium Surgery

• Lsu Eye Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Cullen Eye Inst/Baylor
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1984

Dr. Slade has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Slade does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Slade and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Slade's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Slade to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Slade's Performance
in Richmond, TX |
What a life changing experience. The staff treats you like family. I cannot say enough about the excellent physicians at Spade and Baker. From the initial visit to the check out process, your eyes are very valuable to the entire staff. The check in process is painless and they are extremely welcoming. These physicians will evaluate your eyes and determine an individualized plan of action based on their experience and training. Dr.Essa is a great asset to the Staff ! TRUST YOUR EYES HERE!!
in Spring, TX |
Just finished (12/6/16) receiving my second intraocular lens (Trulign Toric) for replacement of my right eye cataract. I am so excited about the new vision I have - its priceless. Its bright with perfect vision both distant and close. Never had this vision with glasses, contacts or Lasik (30 yrs ago). The next day check-up by Dr. Baker and Nurse resulted in a happy dance by Dr. Baker with my excellent measurements, as he said "that's what we are here for", excellent vision - wow.
in Houston, TX |
I had my LASIK/SMILE surgery about 2.5 weeks ago at Slade & Baker. I have extremely high myopia (about -9) and astigmatism (-3). I went to a few other doctors before I went to slade & baker, they all told me I wasn't a good candidate for LASIK and my option was ICL which would have cost me around $10k. I was hopeless and almost went through with it. Then I came across Slade & Baker, who was conducting a clinical study for SMILE procedure. I was aware that the SMILE technology has been approved o
in Houston, TX |
Cindy gets the award for the best customer service for sure! Very prompt, polite, and informative pre, during, and post op. Slade and Baker team was tremendously courteous and beyond kind to me during my visit. I appreciate all that you guys did to take care of me. Truly a 1st class operation. I can see so well now!
in League City, TX |
I went to Dr. Slade because he had been referred to me by friends who had success in their LASIK surgeries that were completed about 9 years ago. I was nervous initially going, but the staff made me feel very comfortable. They are all very nice, courteous, and professional every time I go. My lasik process was great! Most of all I enjoy being able to see! I definitely recommend them!
in Houston, TX |
Drs. Slade & Walton did LASIK on my eyes in May and I went home and slept for 4 hours. I woke up with perfect vision. In fact even better then 20/20. I did a lot of research when searching for a LASIK surgeon. I'm an emergency room doctor and would not settle for anything less then the best. After reviewing the incredible work that Drs. Slade & Walton have done in the area of refractive surgery I trusted them completely with my eyes. They are on the cutting edge of technology. Recommend to all!
in College Station, TX |
I had lasik done by Dr. Slade during a thunderstorm. He personally addressed all my concerns beforehand, told me a story about his son, and was very nice and laid back. Only 3 hours after the surgery, I could see perfectly with only mild discomfort. The day after, the discomfort was gone and I went to the galleria and out to lunch for the first time without contacts or glasses. I'm so glad I decided on Slade & Baker instead of the other vision centers nearby!
in Manvel, TX |
I recently had cataract surgery on both eyes and I must say my experience has been exceptional. I was apprehensive about the surgery but my first experience with Delfina Villegas eased me into a phenomenal level of confidence with all the Doctors and Staff . These professionals have changed my life and I'm truly pleased with the results. I want to also thank Danielle , Jeanette , Sonia and Corina ! Dr. Slade , Dr. Baker and Dr. Shama you're the best !
in Houston, TX |
A coworker recommended Slade & Baker for LASIK surgery to me and the total experience has been outstanding. The staff from the front desk to the nurse that holds your hand during the procedure could not have been more friendly or caring. Dr. Walton who performed the procedure was awesome and has seen me at each of my follow-up visits. I now have 20/20 vision again and could not be more pleased. I highly recommend Dr. Walton and the team at Slade & Baker.
Sugar Land, TX |
Dr. Slade is a gifted surgeon. I cannot say enough about how his work has changed my daily life. Dr. Baker provides a sense of calm and confidence that truly left me with no doubts whatsoever. And, their young associate, Dr. Essa, is a joy to deal with. The entire group of technicians and nurses that facilitate this practice are top quality. I cannot imagine having a better experience with a group of medical professionals.
in Kingwood, TX |
MY VISION BOTHERS ME ALL DAY EVERY DAY. Slade did my Lasik surg in 8/99. Over the next few months, both of my eyes regressed a LOT. Had to be redone. He redid my right eye in 4/00. I could tell immediately (after I went home & slept as you're supposed to) that something was wrong. Could not see clearly with my right eye at any distance. Turns out he GAVE me astigmatism I never had -- so much so that I had double vision in that eye. Charged me $1300 more to try to fix it and only made it worse.
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Slade, MD?
Are you Dr. Slade?

• Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
    Blue Choice
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA