Dr. Stephen Silver, MD

Dr. Stephen Silver, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Stephen Silver, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Hackensack, NJ. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Silver is affiliated with Lenox Hill Hospital and Hackensack University Medical Center.

Stephen G. Silver, MD

360 Essex St Ste 303

Hackensack, NJ 07601

• Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
  • American Republic
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Connecticare
  • EmblemHealth
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Locals (any local)
  • MagnaCare

Learn about Dr. Silver

Dr. Silver's Experience

Dr. Silver's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Broken Arm
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Osgood Schlatter Disease

• Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• University of Michigan / Ann Arbor
  • Hospital For Joint Diseases
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Pennsylvannia Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Silver has no media or publications listed.

• International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, Member

Dr. Silver's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Silver to family and friends
Dr. Silver's Performance
New York, NY |
I highly recommend Dr. Silver for any patient with an AC Joint separation requiring surgery. Dr. Silver and his staff are professional, they make you comfortable, and they take pride in their work. If your healthcare coverage gives you the option, I strongly recommend going to the Vanguard Surgical Center in NJ where Dr. Silver operates. Their facility is state of the art and his surgery team was remarkable! Dr. Silver is the best in the business!
in east elmhurst, ny |
I tore the tendon in my shoulder a year ago and I was told by two Doctors that there is nothing they can do. I found Dr. Silver and he was able to make the repair which changed my life since I am an active individual. The day after the surgery, Dr. Silver called me to see how I was doing and gave me some recommendations on what I should be doing. Dr. Silver = Dr. Good News !! He also has an amazing staff that will ensure a smooth process!
in Old Bridge, NJ |
I had a knee scope performed by Dr. Silver on 12/14/16 to remove meniscus tear. The procedure was quick, it was performed at a great surgical center in NJ, Vanguard. It has been less than 24 hours and I already removed the bandage. I have very little swelling and almost no pain in the knee. Dr. Silver and the staff at his facility were amazing!! I hope not to have any more knee surgeries, but if I need one, I will most definitely go back to Dr. Silver. Thank you sir for taking great care of me!!
in Hasbrouck Heights,NJ |
I have had to have two surgeries over the past year,on my right biceps tendon (ruptured at the elbow) and my left rotator cuff (torn). Both surgeries were completely successful from my point of view. Right arm is fine and my left arm can reach over my head ,which may not sound like much, but from not being able to lift it all-it represents a steady climb to full mobility (surgery was 4 months ago). Dr. Silver is professional and I would recommend him to any of my family or friends.
in Campbell Hall NY |
I can't say enough great things about Dr Silver, his staff, the office, and everyone involved! Dr. Silver establishes rapport easily and made me feel comfortable and in great hands from my initial appointment! His office staff was amazing as far as handling scheduling of surgery and acquiring test results. My surgery was flawless and my recovery went great! One of my best medical decisions was to be placed in his care!
in Woodcliff Lake NJ |
I have lived with shoulder pain for 15 years. And then I met Dr. Stephen G. Silver and scheduled surgery. My bicep tendon was shredded, had significant bone spurs, multi tears, arthritis etc. Amazingly I had zero pain following the surgery. The recovery has been relatively easy. I credit Dr. Silver for his meticulous work. He’s also warm, inviting and shows he cares. He is a master at his craft. I couldn’t recommend him and Vanguard Surgical Center more enthusiastically.
Dr. Silver is an excellent surgeon who I would highly recommend to those needing knee or shoulder surgery. Unfortunately, his receptionist, Esmyrna is extremely rude. She doesn't return calls and her follow-up is awful. I had to call her numerous times to get her to simply fax a form to my insurance company. She is abrasive and curt and clearly doesn't belong in a healthcare setting. Its unfortunate that such a nice doctor could have such an unpleasant person representing him and his practice.
in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ |
I recently had a bone spur removed from my shoulder and repair on my rotator cuff. Dr. Silver did an excellent job in explaining the process and the benefits of the surgery. His staff is courteous and helpful. Had the surgery done in mid-April, and am currently in physical therapy.
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr. Silver's staff was very dedicated to scheduling a quick and smooth appointment for my knee consultations. I had knee surgeries, less than one year apart from each other, on both knees, and the recovery time was freakishly quick. Dr. Silver's bedside manner was excellent and he was very direct and honest. I loved that he wasn't so quick to tell me surgery needed to happen ASAP, but he gave me options and educated suggestions. Seamless surgery both times, and I'd recommend him to anyone.
in Jackson, NJ |
I had a shoulder replacement done by Dr. Silver and the result is fantastic. No more pain, and I am back playing golf. Dr. Silver and his staff are extremely professional, and I highly recommend him for this procedure.
in Edison, NJ |
Dr Silver did a subacromial decompression surgery on my shoulder two weeks ago. Making appointments was easy (with quick availability), his staff is polite and professional, and he is thorough and able to explain things well in plain English. The procedure went as he expected/explained, and my recovery has gone exactly as he said it likely would. The Vanguard surgery center at which he did my procedure is very nice, with great staff. I would highly recommend him!
in Englewood, NJ |
Just a friendly, direct manner. Rather than tell a patient what they want to hear (me!), he told me in a nice way what i needed to hear. He was careful about under-promising and over-delivering. My shoulder surgery turned out to me more complex than normal (says my daughter, who's studying to be a orthopedic surgeon, and with whom Silver shared all pictures at my request). In spite of that, progress (seven weeks today) has been excellent, much appreciated.
in Paramus, NJ |
I had two ligaments (PCL, MCL) torn. Within 5 weeks after the injury, Dr. Silver operated on my knee. The operation took around two hours. It has been pleasant experience. Now, it has been around 6 weeks, I feel my knee is pretty strong. Everything feels so great! My daughter had ACL surgery operated by Dr. Silver two year ago. And she is happy with her knee, too. I will recommend to any of my family members.
in Hackensack, NJ |
After years of neglect to a shoulder injury, I decided it was time to seek medical advice. Countless hours of researching doctors I decided to place my trust with Dr. Silver and couldn't be happier with my experience. Dr. Silver addressed my concerns immediately and provided detailed information regarding my shoulder issue, the procedure and post operation follow through with him as well as PT. Professional staff and very clean office. I am very pleased with my experience.
in Passaic, NJ |
The best experience I ever had with a doctor. He took his time to explain in details and did not rush me off his office like other doctors have.
in Bloomfield, NJ |
I was told by two other Doctors that my condition was too complex for them to perform, I was referred to Dr. Stephen Silver by one of the other doctors. Dr Stephen Silver and his team performed an intense 6 hour surgery: they repaired my Labrum, performed a bone graft and implanted a head implant in my shoulder. After surgery Dr Stephen Silver called me personally the next day to see how I was feeling. A year of therapy later I have full use of my shoulder. Thank You Dr. Silver and staff.
in Glen Cove, NY |
Great doctor, great staff- what more can I saw
in Ridgewood, NJ |
My 21-year-old son recently had his torn labrum repaired by Dr. Silver. Dr. Silver has years of experience performing shoulder surgery, so my son, husband and I felt very confident that he was the right doctor for the job. From our first consultation to the follow-up visit after the surgery, Dr. Silver was exceptional. He explained everything thoroughly before and after the procedure and my son was surprised at how much mobility he had within a week of the surgery. I highly recommend him.
New York, NY |
He is the best! I don't remember which shoulder he fixed!!
in Montvale, NJ |
Great doctor! Great surgeon! Dr. Silver repaired a labral tear in my shoulder. Couldn't ask for a more thorough, knowledgeable & patient surgeon. He explains things in a clear & easy to understand manner that makes you feel comfortable at all times: office visits; pre-surgery; post surgery. Also note, his entire staff is incredibly helpful, friendly & knowledgeable. Dr. Silver & his staff have made shoulder surgery (not so fun) as easy & pleasant as possible. Highly recommend Dr. Silver.
in cresskill, NJ |
I would recommend Dr.Silver for many reasons. From our first visit he made my 16 year old son feel comfortable and at ease with the possibility of his upcoming surgery. He also was able to answer al of our questions in a clear way for all of us to understand. Lastly, the nurses and staff who work alongside him were terrific as well.
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Silver, MD?
Are you Dr. Silver?

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union WC
  • American Republic
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO