Dr. Stephen Silver, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 51

Dr. Silver

Stephen G. Silver, MD

360 Essex St Ste 303 Hackensack, NJ 07601

Dr. Stephen Silver, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Hackensack, NJ and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from New York Medical College in 1994 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, sports medicine, and more.

Dr. Silver accepts

Dr. Silver accepts the following insurance:

Select
Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union WC
American Republic
Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Amerihealth
AvMed
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO

Dr. Silver's Top Procedures and Conditions

Glenoid Labrum Tear

Dr. Silver treats Glenoid Labrum Tear more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Silver treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)

Dr. Silver treats Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear) more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Silver treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

• Elbow Arthroscopy
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Radius or Ulna
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Silver

Dr. Silver?
Dr. Silver's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Stephen Silver, MD
Dr. Silver came highly recommended by a colleague who had knee surgery by him 2 years ago. I went to him for a second opinion. He took the time to explain the procedure and the recovery process as well as answer all of the questions I had and put my fears to rest. I had the surgery 10 days ago and it went really well. Recovery has been great - no pain and I am making great progress. Dr. Silver is professional, compassionate and a brilliant surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Silver, MD?
Dr.Stephen g. Silver performed surgery on my rotator cuff and saved my arm and shoulder. He did an excellent job and his staff and surgery associates were all wonderful. excellent surgeon.I would Highly recommend him to my family and friends!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Silver, MD?
Dr. Silver is very skilled and extremely professional I would highly recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Silver, MD?
Dr. Silver performed arthroscopic surgery on my left shoulder to reattach the labrum and a tendon, remove a bone spur and other repairs. The surgery went extremely well. Dr.Silver did a fantastic job. Now my left shoulder is free of pain and the range of mobility is like it was 20 years ago. I strongly recommend Dr. Silver to anyone that needs orthopedic surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Silver, MD?
Great experience was very happy with my results it has been 7 weeks and I am already lifted weight lightly. Was very important to me to go back to my activity.Dr.Silver did what he said put me back together.Was in horrible pain for years if I knew it would be like this I would have had it done years ago.Staff was great . So satisfied I am waiting to do my left .Words can not explain how great he was .Thank you Dr. Silver.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Silver, MD?
Dr Silver operated on my shoulder and my knee. He is patient and caring and takes the time to explain things in plain English. He answered my questions and made me feel comfortable about both procedures. I had rotator cuff surgery on my shoulder and meniscus repair on my knee. My treatment was excellent and I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Silver, MD?
Dr. Silver did an amazing job arthroscopically shaving off a large sharp hook shaped bone spur and repairing a fully torn rotator cuff, 2 torn muscles and a floating tendon .5 months ago. I had very little pain following surgery and had full range of motion within three months of surgery. I can even zip up a dress by myself! I'm currently working to rebuild strength and endurance, hoping to resume my full exercise routine including push-ups in a few more months.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Silver, MD?
Saw Dr. Silver for diagnosis of multiple shoulder issues. He suspected a labrum tear from my symptom and I received an MRI that confirmed it. Surgery booked within a month and 7 months later am thrilled with results. Wonderful surgeon with a great demeanor. Love Vivian, his office manager as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Silver, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Silver for any patient with an AC Joint separation requiring surgery. Dr. Silver and his staff are professional, they make you comfortable, and they take pride in their work. If your healthcare coverage gives you the option, I strongly recommend going to the Vanguard Surgical Center in NJ where Dr. Silver operates. Their facility is state of the art and his surgery team was remarkable! Dr. Silver is the best in the business!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Silver, MD?
I tore the tendon in my shoulder a year ago and I was told by two Doctors that there is nothing they can do. I found Dr. Silver and he was able to make the repair which changed my life since I am an active individual. The day after the surgery, Dr. Silver called me to see how I was doing and gave me some recommendations on what I should be doing. Dr. Silver = Dr. Good News !! He also has an amazing staff that will ensure a smooth process!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Silver, MD?
I had a knee scope performed by Dr. Silver on 12/14/16 to remove meniscus tear. The procedure was quick, it was performed at a great surgical center in NJ, Vanguard. It has been less than 24 hours and I already removed the bandage. I have very little swelling and almost no pain in the knee. Dr. Silver and the staff at his facility were amazing!! I hope not to have any more knee surgeries, but if I need one, I will most definitely go back to Dr. Silver. Thank you sir for taking great care of me!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Silver, MD?
I have had to have two surgeries over the past year,on my right biceps tendon (ruptured at the elbow) and my left rotator cuff (torn). Both surgeries were completely successful from my point of view. Right arm is fine and my left arm can reach over my head ,which may not sound like much, but from not being able to lift it all-it represents a steady climb to full mobility (surgery was 4 months ago). Dr. Silver is professional and I would recommend him to any of my family or friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Silver, MD?
I can't say enough great things about Dr Silver, his staff, the office, and everyone involved! Dr. Silver establishes rapport easily and made me feel comfortable and in great hands from my initial appointment! His office staff was amazing as far as handling scheduling of surgery and acquiring test results. My surgery was flawless and my recovery went great! One of my best medical decisions was to be placed in his care!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Silver, MD?
I have lived with shoulder pain for 15 years. And then I met Dr. Stephen G. Silver and scheduled surgery. My bicep tendon was shredded, had significant bone spurs, multi tears, arthritis etc. Amazingly I had zero pain following the surgery. The recovery has been relatively easy. I credit Dr. Silver for his meticulous work. He’s also warm, inviting and shows he cares. He is a master at his craft. I couldn’t recommend him and Vanguard Surgical Center more enthusiastically.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Silver, MD?
Dr. Silver is an excellent surgeon who I would highly recommend to those needing knee or shoulder surgery. Unfortunately, his receptionist, Esmyrna is extremely rude. She doesn't return calls and her follow-up is awful. I had to call her numerous times to get her to simply fax a form to my insurance company. She is abrasive and curt and clearly doesn't belong in a healthcare setting. Its unfortunate that such a nice doctor could have such an unpleasant person representing him and his practice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Silver, MD?
I recently had a bone spur removed from my shoulder and repair on my rotator cuff. Dr. Silver did an excellent job in explaining the process and the benefits of the surgery. His staff is courteous and helpful. Had the surgery done in mid-April, and am currently in physical therapy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Silver, MD?
Dr. Silver's staff was very dedicated to scheduling a quick and smooth appointment for my knee consultations. I had knee surgeries, less than one year apart from each other, on both knees, and the recovery time was freakishly quick. Dr. Silver's bedside manner was excellent and he was very direct and honest. I loved that he wasn't so quick to tell me surgery needed to happen ASAP, but he gave me options and educated suggestions. Seamless surgery both times, and I'd recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Silver, MD?
I had a shoulder replacement done by Dr. Silver and the result is fantastic. No more pain, and I am back playing golf. Dr. Silver and his staff are extremely professional, and I highly recommend him for this procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Silver, MD?
Dr Silver did a subacromial decompression surgery on my shoulder two weeks ago. Making appointments was easy (with quick availability), his staff is polite and professional, and he is thorough and able to explain things well in plain English. The procedure went as he expected/explained, and my recovery has gone exactly as he said it likely would. The Vanguard surgery center at which he did my procedure is very nice, with great staff. I would highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Silver, MD?
Just a friendly, direct manner. Rather than tell a patient what they want to hear (me!), he told me in a nice way what i needed to hear. He was careful about under-promising and over-delivering. My shoulder surgery turned out to me more complex than normal (says my daughter, who's studying to be a orthopedic surgeon, and with whom Silver shared all pictures at my request). In spite of that, progress (seven weeks today) has been excellent, much appreciated.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Silver?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Silver treats patients.