Dr. Stephen Shafizadeh, MD

Dr. Stephen Shafizadeh, MD

NeurosurgeryMale

Neurosurgery

Dr. Stephen Shafizadeh, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Little Rock, AR and has over 20 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Med Univ Of Sc Coll Of Med in 2002. He is affiliated with medical facilities CHI St. Vincent Infirmary and CHI St. Vincent North. His office accepts new patients.

CHI St. Vincent Arkansas Neuroscience Institute

CHI St. Vincent Arkansas Neuroscience Institute6020 Warden Road Ste 100 100 Little Rock, AR 72205
New Patient?

• Quiet Hospital Patients said the hospital this doctor practices at is quiet. See hospitals
  • Trustworthy Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

More Neurosurgery Specialists at CHI St. Vincent Arkansas Neuroscience Institute

Dr. Shafizadeh's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shafizadeh

Back surgery
In 2015 I had to have a fusion at L5/S1 and had been in agony with it for several months. When I awoke in the recovery room, I could tell the pain I had been having was gone. He and his staff are very professional. He takes the time to sit and talk to you and explain everything.
Jul 14, 2022
Life Saver
Dr Shafizadeh performed emergency surgery on momma when she fell at home and hit her head. He called me personally and kept me up to date while I was at another hospital with my daddy who fell the day before. I hope you never need a neurosurgeon but if you do, Dr Shafizadeh is the man you want. God bless him and his staff. He is a life saver.
Sherri Breshears – May 01, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Shafizadeh, MD?
Dr. Shafizadeh and his staff were just excellent. I can't begin to express my level of appreciation. All the ICU nurses were excellent and attentive. All staff were professional and listened to our concerns. Dr. Shafizadeh, Nurse Practitioner Angela, and the rest of his staff are true professionals. God truly directed him to take care of us. We love you all!
Oct 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Shafizadeh, MD?
Dr. Shafizadeh recently did a neck surgery that was very hard and complex. The scheduling took time but I understood due to having a complicated neck issue. The staff at hospital and clinic is awesome could not ask for better. He is amazing doctor answered all questions.
Michael Johnson – Feb 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Shafizadeh, MD?
I had recent surgery on my neck with D. Shafizadeh. The surgery went planned as scheduled and I had no complications. I feel so much better and I am able to go back to playing pool with friends that I have not done since having major neck pain. Dr. Shafizadeh is very accurate, smart, direct with decision making and great bedside manner. Shannon his office assistant is very helpful AWESOME experience with both.
James Osborne – Feb 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Shafizadeh, MD?
I received excellent treatment through Dr. Shafizadeh and his team when I needed diagnosis and surgery for my TIA's. Everything was done well, professionally, and skillfully, so that my problems were eliminated. I was impressed by the Dr.'s ability to explain things clearly, and to take the time to do so. The only complaint I have is the amount of time I had to spend waiting in his office for my follow-up appointment. It was over 2.5 hours; during which several other patients walked out. I believe that, if this is typical, the problem needs to be addressed for the sake of the practice. Other than that, my experience was 100% good.
Pete, a recent patient – Dec 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Shafizadeh, MD?
Dr. Shafizadeh was very informative and helpful during my day at St. Vincent in Sherwood. My wife and I are very thankful for the care we received during and after the surgery. Dr.Shafizadeh is a wonderful Dr. and his assistant Shannon is so helpful and compassionate.
Billy Williams – Dec 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Shafizadeh, MD?
I am very grateful to Dr. Shafizadeh for the care and concern that was shown to my husband and I during my husband's illness. May God bless him to be the brilliant Dr. that he is. The staff at the office was compassionate and caring to us when we came in to see him after the hospital stay.
Michael Bailey – Nov 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Shafizadeh, MD?
Dr. Shafizadeh was wonderful, I have been a patient of his since June 2020, shortly after a condition was found on an MRI that was done for a different reason. From the start he made sure that I knew what I was getting into before we decided surgery was necessary. When he began the surgery he quickly found that this condition was worse than originally thought and adjusted his treatment to correct everything going on. His caring nature for his patients is very noticeable from the first time you meet him. His bedside manner is top notch, he explains everything in detail. I would recommend him to my family and friends
Eileen Hall – Oct 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Shafizadeh, MD?
I am writing on behalf of my family member that has had to surgeries with Dr. Shafizadeh. He had one aneurysm in 2018 and was very well taken care of then he had to go back in 2019 for the left side aneurysm. Dr. Shafizadeh did a magnificent job of explaining everything that would happen during and after the procedure. He was very kind to us and his staff at the office.
R King – Oct 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Shafizadeh, MD?
I had neck surgery with Dr. Shafizadeh back in October of 2019 I was very pleased with his bedside manner and the personal care I received by his staff at the clinic and St. Vincent Sherwood. I had neck pain for over 20 years and had no real help or relief until Dr. Shafizadeh took care of me.
Sep 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Shafizadeh, MD?
Dr. Shafizadeh is a very caring and knowledgeable neurosurgeon! He has always taken the time to make sure I completely understood my diagnosis and the care plan to make me better. I was blind due to a pituitary tumor. Dr. Shafizadeh removed the very complicated tumor and I am now able to see even without glasses. His staff are also amazing people, especially Ms. Annie!
Tasnim – Jun 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Shafizadeh, MD?
Dr. Shafizadeh is an AMAZING SURGEON! I took a fall which caused bleeding on my brain. He got me in immediately and did brain surgery, without flaw. He was VERY informative and explained the entire process in “understandable” details. He remained in contact with my family and provided consistent updates and care. He saved my life! I would highly recommend this surgeon to any and everyone in need.
Mildred Jones – May 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Shafizadeh, MD?
I was seen at St. Vincent hospital in Sherwood for a stroke then had to go back because I could not speak. Dr. Shafizadeh was very informative and answered all questions that my wife and I had. I just saw him at his office and again he and his staff were very helpful with the questions and the medications that I am taking.
Apr 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Shafizadeh, MD?
I was airlifted to St. Vincent North for intracerebral hemorrhaging. I became a patient of Dr. Shafizadeh and he operated on me for an intracranial aneurysmectomy on 12/17/19. I survived this surgery miraculously with none of the devastating side-effects-blindness, paralysis, & even death. I thank God for guiding Dr. Shafizdaeh and the team for my recovery. Dr. Shafizadeh's diagnoses were clear & correct. He's a master at pictorially providing exactly the problem and its solution. May God continue to bless the knowledge and adeptness of Dr. Shafizadeh and his team.
Timothy Reedy – Feb 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Shafizadeh, MD?
I am writing for Larry Sansom whose surgery on his 6th & 7th vertebrae was performed on August 15th, 2019 by Dr. Stephen Shafizadeh. He has recovered completely with no problems. Dr. Shafizadeh was willing to go into great detail explaining what was being done and what could be expected. He was very concerned about Larry's feelings about his surgery. He was very kind.
Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Shafizadeh, MD?
I was sent to dr. Shafizadeh by the VA and I'm extremely grateful, he did much more than the VA said they were going to do, he told me I was much worse than the VA said I was which I thought. Dr. Shafizadeh was awesome, he explained things explicitly, he broke things down into laymens terms so we could understand everything he showed us diagrams of how all the parts were going to work. He was very confident, patient and kind which gave me confidence and everything went just like he said it would I would recommend him to anyone for anything I believe if he says he can do it he can. THANKS DOC.
Dec 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Shafizadeh, MD?
From the day my family meet Dr. Shafizadeh we knew my husband was going to be ok.if we know anyone who needs a great Doctor he would be our first choice
Dec 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Shafizadeh, MD?
I am very thankful I was referred to Dr. Shafizadeh. He removed a mass in the lining of my brain (meningioma) in November on 2017 and since then all my scans have been clear. His consultations were encouraging and informative. My husband and I very much appreciated the time he took to view and explain the scans along with procedures involved.
Lou Ann Cushman in AR, AR – Jul 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Shafizadeh, MD?
I came from start Louis where drs there didn’t operate on the cavernous hemangioma that was inside my spinal chord at c2 area . Here I found Dr Shafizadeh and I was concerned about the surgery . Because he is so confident and so wonderful in explaining in detail I had it done . Him and dr krisht with Gods guiding hand pretty well saved me from becoming quadriplegic. I’ll never be able to thank them enough for giving me life again . Dr Shafizadeh is by far the most well mannered , compassionate dr I’ve ever met . My love to him and all his staff
Felecia – Jun 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Shafizadeh, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shafizadeh?