Prostate Oncology  |
Dr. Stephen Scionti, MD
I am a prostate cancer specialist with expertise in MRI Guided Fusion prostate biopsy and MRI Guided targeted prostate cancer treatment. After completing residency training in Urology at the University of Connecticut Health Center, I volunteered to serve our country and joined the US Navy. I was commissioned as an officer in the Medical Corps and served proudly from 1990 - 1993. I established a private practice in Urology in Hilton Head , SC in 1994 and developed a very strong interest in prostate cancer. I saw a need for less invasive prostate cancer treatment and developed expertise in prostate cryotherapy in the late 1990s and prostate HIFU in 2006. In 2009, I accepted a position as Clinical Associate Professor Of Urology at NYU School of Medicine and Director of Prostate Cancer Ablative Surgery at NYU Langone Medical Center, and established the first prostate cancer ablative surgery program at a major academic center. While in New York, I acquired advanced skills in the interpretation of prostate MRI and the use of MRI Guided Fusion prostate biopsy. After a brief period of time in the greater Boston area, I established the Scionti Prostate Center in Sarasota, Florida where I offer the same high tech advanced prostate cancer techniques that I refined while in New York, to my Florida patients. I have always had a strong interest in teaching and served as an instructor and proctor to other urologists for Cryotherapy and HIFU procedures over the past 10 years. I currently serve as Medical Director for Vituro Health and teach course nationally on prostate MRI and Prostate HIFU treatment.

5741 Bee Ridge Rd Ste 500

Sarasota, FL 34233

• Locals (any local)
  • UPMC Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Scionti

I do not believe in assembly line, cookie cutter medical care. I offer my patients the most advanced techniques available to diagnose and treat prostate cancer and provide them with a personalized pathway to prostate cancer care.

Dr. Scionti's Experience

Dr. Scionti's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Prostate Oncology
  • Board certified in Urology

• Prostate Oncology
  • Urology

• Urology
    Accredited by: American Board of Urology*

• Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Genitourinary Cancers
  • Prostate Cancer

• High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) for Prostate Cancer
  • Prostate Biopsy
  • Prostate Cancer Screening Exam (DRE)

• Brown
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1980
  • Univ Of Ct Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • St Francis Hosp & Med Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1986
  • University Of Connecticut Health Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Scionti has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Scionti does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Scionti and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Scionti's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Scionti to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Scionti's Performance
in Tampa, FL |
After learning that my PSA had gone up, my regular doctor suggested a biopsy. I searched the internet for more information and Dr. Scionti's methods came up. I had a few phone conversations with him before I drove to Sarasota (from Tampa). He is a very knowledgable doctor concerning prostate cancer, diagnosis and treatment methods! I have already recommended him to my older brother as well! Thank you to the entire team!!
My HIFU treatment performed by Dr. Scionti was a failure that cost me $30,000. Since he didn't get it all, he referred me for radiation. In hindsight, I was never a good candidate because my disease was not localized to one area. He took my money anyway. How about a refund of 50% when he fails to do the job properly? This doctor answers questions in great depth, but is it the truth?! My advice: Check out the viability of HIFU for your specific case with 2-3 specialists.
in Naples, FL |
Thorough, progressive, patient and easy scheduling would be the first headlines about Dr. Scionti. My visit concerned elevated PSA and family history of prostate cancer. The MRI looked good and Dr. Scionti put out options but was in no hurry to do a biopsy given the lack of visible targets. We settled on periodic PSA screens and a f-u next year. I went to him because he uses the 3.0T MRI of the prostate for an initial diagnosis as opposed to the conventional biopsy most urologists suggest.
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Scionti, MD?
Are you Dr. Scionti?