Dr. Stephen Scionti, MD

Prostate Oncology | Male

Scionti Prostate Center 5741 Bee Ridge Rd Ste 500 Sarasota, FL 34233 Get Directions
Dr. Stephen Scionti, MD
I am a prostate cancer specialist with expertise in MRI Guided Fusion prostate biopsy and MRI Guided targeted prostate cancer treatment. After completing residency training in Urology at the University of Connecticut Health Center, I volunteered to serve our country and joined the US Navy. I was commissioned as an officer in the Medical Corps and served proudly from 1990 - 1993. I established a private practice in Urology in Hilton Head , SC in 1994 and developed a very strong interest in prostate cancer. I saw a need for less invasive prostate cancer treatment and developed expertise in prostate cryotherapy in the late 1990s and prostate HIFU in 2006. In 2009, I accepted a position as Clinical Associate Professor Of Urology at NYU School of Medicine and Director of Prostate Cancer Ablative Surgery at NYU Langone Medical Center, and established the first prostate cancer ablative surgery program at a major academic center. While in New York, I acquired advanced skills in the interpretation of prostate MRI and the use of MRI Guided Fusion prostate biopsy. After a brief period of time in the greater Boston area, I established the Scionti Prostate Center in Sarasota, Florida where I offer the same high tech advanced prostate cancer techniques that I refined while in New York, to my Florida patients. I have always had a strong interest in teaching and served as an instructor and proctor to other urologists for Cryotherapy and HIFU procedures over the past 10 years. I currently serve as Medical Director for Vituro Health and teach course nationally on prostate MRI and Prostate HIFU treatment.

Dr. Scionti's Care Philosophy

I do not believe in assembly line, cookie cutter medical care. I offer my patients the most advanced techniques available to diagnose and treat prostate cancer and provide them with a personalized pathway to prostate cancer care.

Dr. Scionti's Experience

See how Dr. Scionti's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Scionti

Dr. Scionti accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Scionti is now accepting new patients
Scionti Prostate Center5741 Bee Ridge Rd Ste 500
Sarasota, FL 34233
(941) 702-5595Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Scionti has admitting privileges.

Dr. Scionti's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Scionti to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Scionti's Performance
My HIFU treatment performed by Dr. Scionti was a failure that cost me $30,000. Since he didn't get it all, he referred me for radiation. In hindsight, I was never a good candidate because my disease was not localized to one area. He took my money anyway. How about a refund of 50% when he fails to do the job properly? This doctor answers questions in great depth, but is it the truth?! My advice: Check out the viability of HIFU for your specific case with 2-3 specialists.
in Naples, FL |
Thorough, progressive, patient and easy scheduling would be the first headlines about Dr. Scionti. My visit concerned elevated PSA and family history of prostate cancer. The MRI looked good and Dr. Scionti put out options but was in no hurry to do a biopsy given the lack of visible targets. We settled on periodic PSA screens and a f-u next year. I went to him because he uses the 3.0T MRI of the prostate for an initial diagnosis as opposed to the conventional biopsy most urologists suggest.
in Naples, FL |
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Scionti, MD?
Are you Dr. Scionti?

Compare Dr. Scionti

Dr. Scionti says...

In 2009, I accepted a position as  Clinical Associate Professor Of Urology at NYU School of Medicine and Director of Prostate Cancer Ablative Surgery at NYU Langone Medical Center, and established the first prostate cancer ablative surgery program at a major academic center. While in New York, I acquired advanced skills in the interpretation of prostate MRI and the use of MRI Guided Fusion prostate biopsy.

Dr. Scionti's Care Philosophy

Dr. Scionti says...

I have focused my urology practice  on prostate cancer over the past 15 years. I was one of the early pioneers in prostate cryotherapy and helped to refine the cryotherapy technique to reduce side effects.

I traveled around the world in 2005 - 2006 and acquired expertise in using HIFU to treat prostate cancer. I offered HIFU to patients from my practice in clinics in the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Cayman Islands, where I held medical licenses. In October 2015 when the FDA approved HIFU in the US for prostate ablation, I began to offer advanced HIFU treatment using MRI image fusion guidance to patients at the Vituro Health HIFU Center of Excellence in Sarasota, Florida, where I serve as Medical Director.

My practice specilaizes in the diagnosis of prostate cancer using Prostate MRI and Artemis Targeted biopsy and the non invasive targeted treatment of prostate cancer using HIFU.

Dr. Scionti says...

I extensive experience in MRI Fusion prostate Biopsy using Artemis Technology. I have 11 years of experience in using HIFU to treat prostate cancer.

Dr. Scionti's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Prostate Oncology
  •  Board certified in Urology

Dr. Scionti has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Scionti's Board Certifications

• Urology

• Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction

University Of Connecticut Health Center

Completed in 1990

Brown

Graduated in 1980

Dr. Scionti does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Scionti and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Prostate Oncology
  • Urology

• High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) for Prostate Cancer
  • Prostate Biopsy
  • Prostate Cancer Screening Exam (DRE)