Dr. Stephen Schissel, MD

Dr. Stephen Schissel, MD

Family Medicine  |

Contact provider for availability

Dr. Stephen Schissel, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Amesbury, MA. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Schissel is affiliated with Lahey Hospital and Medical Center and Beverly Hospital.

Lahey Health Primary Care, Amesbury (formerly Lahey Amesbury)

24 Morrill Pl

Amesbury, MA 01913

• Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Schissel

We are here to take care of what matters most, you. Lahey Health offers access to board-certified specialists in nearly every medical specialty and more than 75 primary care practices in over 30 communities providing you with the full continuum of care, all close to home.

Dr. Schissel's Experience

Dr. Schissel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • Malden Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • St. Elizabeth Medical Center

Dr. Schissel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schissel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schissel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Lahey Hospital and Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
America's 100 Best Hospitals Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Schissel is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Schissel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schissel to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Schissel's Performance
in Salisbury, MA |
The office staff is Aweful! They lie to patients about the doctor seeing them, make them wait for hours until after the office closes and theirs no one there to say the doctor can no longer see patients! Why tell a patient to come in then? Staff scheduled not 1 but 3 appts for the same thing because this doctor didn't have enough time during visits not perform physical I was scheduled for 3 times people!!!!! HORRIBLE STAFF AND HORRIBLE DOCTOR STAY AWAY IF YOU VALUE YOUR HEALTH!!!!
in Merrimac, MA |
I left a review for this doctor and it wasn't never recorded on here..... so I left 2 more...... here I am a year later and NONE OF MY REVIEWS ARE ON HERE! I was a patient who had to schedule multiple appointments for a physical for disability. I scheduled 3 appointments and they KNEW when I called what it was for I was VERY SPECIFIC, and they scheduled me, but he never did see me, he never had "time". Every appt he only had less then 5 min to come "talk" to me! HORRIBLE DOC UNPROFESSIONAL STAFF
in Amesbury, MA |
The office staff is horrid, they don't care about the patients at all! Dr.schissel I waited over an hour to see you for 6 minutes? Do you think that's fair? This doctor and his staff do not care about our health If he did, they wouldn't overbook appts every 15 min to make the maximum dollar everyday. Doctors are starting to act like politicians! My health is more important to me then the money you're making off of 5 other patients who got booked at the same time as I did! Greedy practice!!
in Amesbury, MA |
The office/nursing staff is rude, condescending, and are inefficient. They tell you what you want to hear on the phone, and do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I had to go in person to get to the bottom of things, because I'm serious, what they did to me is illegal! They knew I was upset and let me wait to see the doctor, until the waiting area was cleared of patients to break it to me that the doctor wasn't going to see me, and they weren't going to help me undo their mistake!They do NOT CARE ABOUT PATIENTS
in Peabody, MA |
Dr Schissel is one of the most thorough Doctors I've been to. He asks a lot of ?'s to get to the route of problem. Is a class act!
in Exeter, NH |
I have found him to be very competent, knowledgeable and experienced.
in Salem, NH |
I was a long time patient of lahey clinic I have lung issues was feeling very poorly dr schissell made me feel like a pain in the a- - ! finally went to parkland clinic in salem nh Guess what I had a tumor on my lung!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Schissel, MD?
Are you Dr. Schissel?