Dr. Stephen Saris, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 67

Neurosurgery

Dr. Stephen Saris, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Foxboro, MA and has over 43 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Boston University School Of Medicine medical school in 1979. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Brigham And Women's Hospital and Landmark Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Stephen Saris, MD

Brigham and Women's/Mass General Health Care Center at Foxborough

20 Patriot Pl Foxboro, MA 2035 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Compare Dr. Stephen Saris, MD with other Neurosurgery Specialists near you

Dr. Saris' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Saris

Dr. Saris

I had suffered a painful cervical injury which brought me to Dr. Saris. We met via both telehealth and in-office visits. I've always felt heard and honored as a patient. My injury, procedures, and options were always explained to me in way that I could understand, always with compassion. Surgery was necessary in my case, and it was scheduled in a timely manner. All of my questions were answered, and I even had specific surgical requests that were honored by Dr. Saris and the hospital staff. My surgery went very well, and I was able to rest and recover comfortably at home. Surgical recovery is a journey that the patient is also responsible for. I followed all of the post- op guidelines from Dr. Saris such as having support at home, diet suggestions, and more. Every day my condition improved due to Dr. Saris and his team. My mood lifted, energy level increased, and confidence soared due to the decrease of chronic pain. I am so very grateful for my experience with Dr. Saris and staff.
E. Berroa – Feb 03, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Saris, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Saris to anyone without hesitation after the very positive experience I have had with him. He explained the entire procedure exactly as it would happen, answered all my questions and the results have been wonderful.
Dec 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Saris, MD?
Dr. Saris simply and clearly explained the problem I was having with my back pain and provided me with my options. I felt very at ease with him and I trusted his opinion. I proceeded with surgery. His staff, especially his nurse Sarah for which I received a phone call from her Sunday night prior to my surgery day to check in with me and gave me her personal cell phone number so my wife could follow-up while I was recovery. All Dr. Saris' staff went beyond their job description to prepare me and answer any questions I may have had. Dr. Saris personally called me after my surgery to ask how I was doing and had a conversation with me about my recovery thus far and what to expect as the days progressed. I highly recommend Dr. Saris if you have any pain or discomfort and require a Neurosurgeon.
Steve Longa – Dec 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Saris, MD?
excellent physician, professional and practical. advised me against surgery, even though that is how he makes his living. Rare thing to find honesty and integrity these days.
JB – Nov 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Saris, MD?
I am a patient of Dr. Saris who performed surgery on my neck a few weeks ago. I feel great and have not had anymore pain.
Brittany – Sep 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Saris, MD?
Had evaluation a few months ago. Was told I didn't need surgery and I should try injections. I am so glad I went to Dr. Saris. I feel great and no surgery.
Janice – Sep 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Saris, MD?
I went in to meet with Dr.Saris in in February, I was told I needed to have back surgery. I went forward with my procedure & I ended up with great results. I am able to get back to work, and spend time with my family pain free! Would highly recommend.
Barbara – Sep 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Saris, MD?
Dr. Saris and Dr. Casper recommended microdiscectomy back surgery. I had the surgery in JUNE 2020 during COVID pandemic. Dr. SARIS office was very helpful scheduling all my appointments. I felt very comfortable and safe in the office and hospital. I would recommend Dr. Saris to anyone.
William – Sep 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Saris, MD?
A total NO.My son who's paralyzed from waist down and also has trigeminal neuralgia was scheduled to have surgery with Dr Saris and date, time, location, & not told to fast the day of his surgery was what Shane encountered. Left to wait as a result in Boston (instead of Foxboro) because of all the incompetantcy of office for wheelchair van back to facility in Easton where he resides. Just wonderful really.????????????
  • Appointment was rushed
Shane Butler – Aug 16, 2021
Jun 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Saris, MD?
I accompanied my dad to an initial appointment with Dr Saris. Dr. Saris was not prepared for the appointment. He was unaware that my dad had prior unsuccessful back surgeries even though we brought mri with us. He hadn't looked . He was actually not sure why we were there. Not helpful. Unable to answer questions His only responses "you should ask your pcp." Even though he was the specialist. In 15 minutes of no help, no advice, a singular comment "you sure have a boatload of arthritis" he sure left a lasting nonsurgical scar on my father.
Jun 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Saris, MD?
Dr Saris operated on my back in 2015. I also had a Meningioma tumor on my brain that Dr Saris removed. I’m so thankful for him. He is a very caring and professional Dr. Always took his time and answered all my questions. I would recommend him to my friends and family. He’s the best!
Peg – May 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Saris, MD?
Spinal Decompression surgery follow up. 100% recovered !!!! No pain. Zero! Nada! Dr. Saris was very attentive. He listens. He responds to questions. He explains things clearly. Amazing! Best "bedside manner" I have experienced from a doctor of any type in at least 40 years. Outstanding!
Mark – Apr 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Saris, MD?
My experience was, and is, exceptional. I am in the follow up stage of treatment by Gamma Knife. My interactions with Dr. Saris have always been thorough, on time, and most importantly, compassionate yet frank. Exactly what you need from a physician. I highly recommend him. With you health the issue you need a good professional.
MARC R GENEREUX – Mar 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Saris, MD?
My husband saw Dr. Saris in late 2019. I accompanied him. We brought his current MRI and radiologist report of his lumbar spine. He did not review the MRI and glanced at the report. He could not understand why there was a 4 inch scar on my husband's back. If he had read the report he would have known it was from 2 separate surgeries each having a 2 inch scar. We had many questions. He answered none except to say "That's a good question. You need to go back to your primary care doctor." I would not recommend Dr. Saris to anyone.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Mar 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Saris, MD?
was kept very at ease through out my appointments and surgery before and after.
Jim – Mar 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Saris, MD?
Ian from Falmouth. I was going to go to one of the doctors at Cape Cod Hospital, but my cousin had Dr. Saris years ago and recommended him highly. His office was great. The doctor saw me ahead of time and went over all my imaging studies with me in his private office. We did the surgery up at the Brigham and Women's Hospital and it went great. My back is still a little achy, but the leg pain is gone. I think the nerve damage is gone too. I could not be happier with the result.
Feb 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Saris, MD?
I had a spell a few weeks ago when I may have loss of vision in one eye for a few hours. I was sent for neurosurgery evaluation because one of the tests showed that the artery in front of my neck was narrow. I saw a doctor at another hospital, but she seemed too aggressive for me. I saw Dr. Saris for another opinion. He said he does not do this operation anymore, but the artery was only 30% blocked. He said he did not feel I needed an operation, but only needed my bone set up a bit. He sent me back to my internist to refer me on to a neurologist. So glad I did not do the surgery. I had a spell a few weeks ago when I may have loss of vision in one eye for a few hours. I was sent for neurosurgery evaluation because one of the tests showed that the artery in front of my neck was narrow. I saw a doctor at another hospital, but she seemed too aggressive for me. I saw Dr. Saris for another opinion. He said he does not do this operation anymore, but the artery was only 30% blocked. He said he
Debbie – Feb 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Saris, MD?
I had 2 visits/surgeries with Dr Saris. I am still need of a 3rd for my Trigeminal issue but cannot go back to him as my insurance is no longer accepted. I'm sad beyond belief as my 2 prrvioud surgeries with him were result full. He is the king of being very personable, awesome listener, he got the job done for me. I could not have been any happier.
Nicole – Feb 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Saris, MD?
I had read on this site the good and bad reviews of Dr. Saris before the video appt. with him. Let me say Dr. Saris was EXCELLENT! He was very friendly, very knowledgeable, explained in great detail, made sure to ask me quite a few times if he could answer any questions, and was very nice! He even showed in the video appt. the mri scans he was looking at and explained in great detail what was wrong and what could be done to fix it! I would VERY MUCH reccomend him!
Feb 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Saris, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Saris?