Dr. Stephen Samuelson, MD

Psychiatry | Male

Dr. Stephen Samuelson, MD

Dr. Stephen Samuelson, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Overland Park, KS. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 31 years.

Dr. Samuelson's Experience

See how Dr. Samuelson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Samuelson

Dr. Samuelson accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Samuelson is now accepting new patients

Dr. Samuelson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Samuelson to family and friends
    3.0
    Dr. Samuelson's Performance
    Nevada, MO |
    My daughter was suffering from depression/anxiety and self harming behavior. Dr. Samuelson listened carefully as she described her symptoms. He described what he was recommending clearly and used good examples to illustrate what he was talking about. He has a very calming demeanor. It has taken a while for the correct regiment of medicines and therapy to help her become stabilized but my daughter is doing very well now. Dr. Samuelson has been very pleasant to work with.
    Shawnee, KS |
    I have PTSD from a traumatic event that occurred in my recent past. I have seen several psychiatrists and Dr. Samuelson is the only one that has been able to get my symptoms under control. He is an awesome, caring and knowledgeable doctor.
    in Leawood, KS |
    Extremely arrogant. Prefers to medicate rather than treat the actual issue. Incorrectly diagnosed a particular patient I know. Refuses to obtain new knowledge from others in the field. Continued to prescribed a medication that is unhealthy for this particular patient.
    Paola, KS |
    The receptionist forgot to cancel an appointment of mine becauseI was busy with work. I missed the appointment despite requesting a rescheduling 48 hours in advanced. Samuelson decided to cancel me as a patient for missing this visit even though we called and explained the situation. He is in it for the money and not for the health of his patients.
    Riverside, MO |
    Dr Samuelson saved my life! I had seen other psychiatrist an got very little help with my diagnosis. Dr Samuelson was able to get me stabilized and I have never been more pleased. He has treated me with respect and compassion. When my condition changes which is normal for my diagnosis he has always been available to help me become stable again. He has been a life saver for me and my family . I would recommend him to anyone !
    Kansas City, MO |
    Having been to a psychiatrist before (not helpful) finding Dr. Samuelson was a literal Godsend. My daughter unfortunately inherited my condition and has been seeing a different child psychiatrist for a year with major frustration on my part as to his being up to date on current options for treatment. I'm hopeful Dr. Samuelson will also begin seeing her- he just knows his stuff. So glad we found him!
    Overland Park, KS |
    I experienced this doctor as arrogant and irresponsible in his prescribing habits.
    Have you seen Dr. Stephen Samuelson, MD?
    Are you Dr. Samuelson?

Dr. Samuelson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
    •  Board certified in Psychiatry
    •  Malpractice claims in Kansas not available

Dr. Samuelson has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

Why It Matters: Dr. Samuelson's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
    • Adjustment Disorder
    • Bipolar Disorder
    • Bulimia
    • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
    • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
    • Eating Disorders
    • Major Depressive Disorder
    • Phobia
    • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
    • Psychiatric Diseases

Univ Of Ks Sch Of Med

Graduated in 1986

University Iowa Hosps and Clinics

Dr. Samuelson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Samuelson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry