Dr. Stephen Ritland, MD

Neurosurgery •  Male • Age 67

Dr. Ritland

Stephen L Ritland MD

107 E Oak Ave Flagstaff, AZ 86001

Dr. Stephen Ritland, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Flagstaff, AZ and has been practicing for 39 years. He graduated from Loma Linda University School Of Medicine in 1974 and specializes in neurosurgery.

• Hospital satisfaction Patients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals
  • Good patient care Patients said they had exceptional care at this hospital. See hospitals

Dr. Ritland accepts

Dr. Ritland accepts the following insurance:

Medicare
MetLife

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Ritland's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ritland

Dr. Ritland?
Dr. Ritland's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Stephen Ritland, MD
Dr Ritland does not beat around the bush with a diagnosis. He tells you what he can do and how it will help. He does not pressure you into having any procedure done. He explains it very well before he does anything and answers any questions you may have. Great bed side manner, very caring and wants to see the best for his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Ritland, MD?
Our Mom, age 90, previously very active, had an onset of pain and weakness in both legs that prevented her from exercising. Last week, Dr. Stephen Ritland performed a Lumbar Foraminotomy on her back to relieve the pain and weakness caused by a pinched nerve. With only a small incision, he was able to go in and clean out the pinched nerve area—all without disrupting anything in her spine! His surgery was phenomenal for our Mom—nothing short of a MIRACLE. Our Mom was up walking the hallways of the hospital the next day—with no pain! Dr. Ritland gave our Mom the best Mother’s Day gift of all . . . her mobility back . . . PAIN FREE! For those who have experienced severe back and leg pain, you will understand that he essentially gave our Mom her life back. Our family will be forever grateful to Dr. Ritland for his amazing surgical skill, professional demeanor in talking with us, and the compassionate care he gave our Mom. We give him the HIGHEST recommendation possible.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Ritland, MD?
Dr Ritland is the BEST !!! My lumbar foraminotomy (to relieve my pinched nerve causing debilitating pain and weakness in my legs) was a success beyond my greatest hopes and expectations. I attribute 100% credit to Dr Ritland and his unmatched skill as a surgeon ... the day after surgery I was walking pain-free ... and I did not need any pain medication (not even ibuprofen) after discharge from the hospital. My entire surgery process with Dr Ritland and his staff ... from consultation, evaluation, counseling, surgery, and follow-up ... was professional, educational, and supportive. I am 90 YEARS YOUNG with a history of osteoporosis, spinal compression fractures, and now severe spinal stenosis. Dr Ritland's surgery gave me immediate relief and restored my quality of life ... but he has told me I have other issues with my back ... if I need additional surgeries, I will DEFINITELY return to Dr Ritland. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND him ... BEST decision of my life to seek his surgical skill.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Ritland, MD?
dr. Ritland performed to spinal fusion surgery is on myself. After both surgeries my symptoms increasingly got worse. It has been my experience that Dr. Ritland did not acknowledge the increase in symptoms post surgery. I would not recommend Dr. Ritland
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Ritland, MD?
Excellent doctor. Very precise and to the point. He explained the complete procedure (surgery) and answered all my questions. I had two other consults (as per my pcp) and I was very happy with the way Dr. Ritland performed the surgery and the follow up. The hospital staff was very supportive when I mentioned Dr. Ritland was doing my surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Ritland, MD?
A wonderful neurosurgeon that respects his patients. Explained my procedure on a level I could understand.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Ritland, MD?
Doctor Stephen Ritland has helped me with my lower back issues since 1991, all three of my surgeries have been done by Stephen. He made me a believer in believing in myself after each surgery. I received a lumbar fusion of the L4-L5 in 2005, the best move Stephen did for me. No serious issues since then, it is good to be walking. He is a pro and i have recommended my son to see him for an opinion on his lower back issues. Thank you Doctor Ritland.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Ritland, MD?
Dr. Ritland is an outstanding neurosurgeon. He has helped me live a comfortable life even though I suffer from extreme spinal stenosis and degenerate disc disease. I have recommended him to several friends who have also benefited from his expertise. Not only is he an expert in his field, he is a friendly, compassionate man.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Ritland, MD?
My desectomy/fusion was without any issues. Dr. and office/hospital/associates were a well -coordinated team making the experience for me less painful than some dental procedures I have known. We're lucky to have Stephan Ritland's services available. I personally know 6 patients with the same opinions...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Ritland, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ritland?

• Neurosurgery

1981
Loma Linda University Medical Center
1975
Loma Linda U Affil Hosp
1974
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Ritland treats patients.

75% Patient experience rating, 6% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2018)

72% Patient experience rating, 3% higher than the national average