Dr. Stephen Raterman, MD

Dr. Stephen Raterman, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Stephen Raterman, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Wesley Chapel, FL. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Raterman is affiliated with Florida Hospital Tampa and Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel.

Dr. Raterman's Experience

See how Dr. Raterman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Raterman

Dr. Raterman accepts 26 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Raterman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Raterman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Raterman to family and friends
    4.1
    Dr. Raterman's Performance
    in Kalamazoo, MI |
    Tom again, 4 months post op. Playing pickle ball 5 days per week. The hip is as good as new at age 68. I'm 100% satisfied with my new hip. Thank You Dr. Raterman
    in Kalamazoo, MI |
    I'm 3 months post op. hip replacement. For the most part pain free, every now and then I take a couple of tylenol for muscle or knee pain. Not everyday is the same, some days muscles hurt or are stiff but goes away. I'm back playing pickle ball 3 times per week, taking a few quick steps and no jumping. The more I use the hip the better it feels. Nice to be able to put my own shoes and socks on and most of the time walk without pain. Only needed narcotics one day after surgery!!!
    in sun city center, fl |
    Had hip replacement in 2013 and had pain for years following it. Dr Raterman ignored my plea for help. Got a second opinion and found out I had a real problem, the bone never grew into the device. I had bad medical advice for 2 1/2 years. Beware if you have a complication. You will be ignored and then asked to leave his practice. I put my faith and trust in Dr Raterman's ability, and he failed me miserably. I do not recommend him at all!
    in Tampa, FL |
    Dr Raterman replaced both of my hips over the summer months of this year 2016. I couldn't be more thankful for the positive outcome of these procedures. I have my life back again and have actually gone back to work after retiring early due to my hip problems. Dr Raterman was the third surgeon I saw before making the decision to have surgery. I couldn't be happier with my decision.
    Zephyrhills, FL |
    Dr. Raterman is THE best surgeon for joint replacement. His technique, knowledge and expertise makes him one of the top hip and knee replacement physicians in the USA. He helped pioneer hip resurfacing surgery that helps younger patients. I would very highly recommend him for any joint replacement. I can't say enough good things about him. He listens to patients, asks questions and truly cares. A rare thing in medicine today.
    in Tampa Florida |
    I am a doc and a patient of Dr. Raterman. I know he is the BEST at what he does A year ago I had to hold onto my car for a couple minutes on exiting it due to excruciating R hip ostroarthritis pain I let go a bit too long. I was often offered wheelchairs at stores by staff. 2- Dr. Raterman performed hip resurfacing on me 2 days before Christmas ( almost 6 mos ago to the day). I now run a mile a day, have no limp , and most importantly chase my fldaughter around the park. Raterman is a legend.
    Tampa, FL |
    I am afraid to go Back to this doctor. 2-3 months after my hip surgery I needed to discuss future plans for my knees. I got the Medical assistant, who apparently was not listening & scheduled me for KNEE THERAPY, making my hip replacement now hurt- it was fine before. Finally seeing HIM for the now PAINFUL hip, he screamed, who ordered knee therapy?! then ordered me to the table, threw up my skirt and opened my legs, with a man -not a nurse-on the computer at the end of the table. -0- stars
    in Riverview, FL |
    I was going to wait until spring, when we would be home to have surgery,but Dr. Raterman was such a confident and reassuring Dr that I knew he was right to do my surgery. After I made the decision to get it done by him,everyone that I talked to told me that he is wonderful. I am so glad that God led us to him.
    in Dade City, FL |
    Had my first appointment with Dr. Raterman on Feb 22. We had xrays and discussed my hip problem. I need a replacement. Made an appointment for cortisone shot.on March 22. Had my shot on March 22. Piece of cake. No pain. Dr. Raterman is very straight forward, no bull. I asked three questions, will the shot help; can I have an operation and when? His answers were, absolutely; yes and I don't know. After my shot we made an appointment for an operation on April 27. I couldn't ask for anything more.
    in Riverview, FL |
    Very knowledgeable and personable, First diagnosed with hip problem two years ago, tried succesive steps before replacement. As a competetive athlete my primary concern was performance, Dr. Raterman took the time to explain options and progression that met my needs. I eventually gave up running and bought another 1.5 years before having to give up cycling, at which point surgery was scheduled. Surgery on 3/14/2016 went as smooth as possible, was surprised to see so little bruising. Very happy.
    Have you seen Dr. Stephen Raterman, MD?
    Are you Dr. Raterman?

Dr. Raterman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Raterman has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Raterman's Board Certifications

• Broken Arm
    • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
    • Elbow Bursitis
    • Elbow Sprain
    • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
    • Femur Fracture
    • Knee Dislocation
    • Knee Fracture
    • Knee Sprain
    • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
    • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
    • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

Med College Of Georgia

Completed in 1990

Bellarmine University

Graduated in 1981

Dr. Raterman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Raterman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics