Dr. Stephen Ramirez, MD

Dr. Stephen Ramirez, MD

Family Medicine  |
Dr. Stephen Ramirez, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 22 years.

109 Gallery Cir Ste 131

San Antonio, TX 78258

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Benefit Management
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • HealthFirst
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Ramirez

Dr. Ramirez's Experience

Dr. Ramirez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

This content was provided by Dr. Ramirez "Dr. Ramirez has quickly distinguished himself as one of the top Family Practice physicians in San Antonio, and was recently recognized by his peers as a ?Top Doc? in the Scene in SA magazine. Dr. Ramirez?s strong emphasis in Preventive Care and Women?s Health, along with his belief in developing a personal relationship with every patient truly makes him unique."

• Family Practice

• Rosacea
  • Skin Infections
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)

• Cholesterol Screening

Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • Mem Hermann Hlthcare Sys
  • University Tx Med School At Houston
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Ramirez has no media or publications listed.

• American Sign Language

Dr. Ramirez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ramirez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ramirez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ramirez to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Ramirez's Performance
Cuero, TX |
Great doctor. Very accommodating. Has always taken great care of me and my family.
in San Antonio, Texas |
Dr. Ramirez has been my doctor for the last six years and I am relieved to know that I have a primary care physician who knows my history, listens to my concerns, and takes time to answer my questions. The staff is always courteous and helpful, calling in my medications if requested so they are ready for me by the time I get to my pharmacy. They have returned my calls within the day I placed them, and have been able to accommodate me for unexpected sick visits as a walk in. Great practice!
in San Antonio TX |
Not sure what happened, wife and I have been patients for a few years but we will never return. Something has changed. Seems like every appointment is now a "training" session for up and coming medical and highschool students. I get it, but I also didn't sign up for it. Supposed to allocate 1hr for the appt, wait time 45 min, check in back 10min, doctor visit 5min (maybe). His attentiveness to your specific malady and diagnosing abilities are shockingly poor.
in San Antonio, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Ramirez for 5+ years and he and his office are exceptional! I've referred probably a couple dozen people to him over the years and will continue to do so. I go in maybe 4-5 times a year, depending, and have never had a problem. Not every doctor and patient make a good fit and I hope everyone finds their own "Dr. Ramirez"!
San Antonio, TX |
Absolutely the worst doctors office experience of my life. Rushed in and out of the office, constantly insists on unnecessary testing even if previously performed, you cannot walk out of the office without 2-3 prescriptions. When I decided to leave the practice and had my records transferred all the other doctors said his records are terrible. Notes from visits are hand written, not transcribed or logged/stamped so they can be changed at any time prior to receipt, they are indecipherable.
San Antonio, TX |
I give them zero stars. My experience with the doctor and his staff was terrible. They are non professional, they lack courtesy and are very rude. I had a sensitive medical test done with them and they were very uncouth about it, even giving me the "bad news" on the phone. When you call them they don't even regard you. And they made me feel really bad. Even before this test their attitude is extrememly condesencing and i would not wish them on my enemy. I REGRET EVER GOING THERE
in Helotes, TX |
Highly recommended, but was disappointed. Felt like a number, rushed ,(10 min tops with him and pushed out) Asked for a scan along an MRI for my son, even though doing both would save $2,500(single parent). He said no he doesn't need one. There's no radiation and no reason to say no. I think a doctor should listen to his patient (customer) after all we know our children. He seems unwilling to listen to other medical professional opinions, even if holding records. When addressed, he hung up on me
San Antonio |
He's been our primary care physician for over a decade. I've always found him caring, succinct, yet willing to explain. I can't recall waiting longer than 20 minutes in the waiting room. I highly recommend Dr Ramirez.
in San Antonio, TX |
My previous visits went well. My last one, a simple follow-up for the annual lab work, was horrible. I waited for about 50 minutes, and nobody explained what happened. I ended up leaving, and there was no single word of explanation or apology.
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Ramirez, MD?
Are you Dr. Ramirez?

Visit Dr. Ramirez

Dr. Ramirez accepts 13 insurance carriers
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Beech Street (Multiplan) PPO