Dr. Stephen Pyles, MD

Pain Medicine AnesthesiologyMaleAge 74

Dr. Pyles

Pain Treatment Centers, Stephen Pyles, MD

2300 S Pine Ave Ocala, FL 34471

Dr. Stephen Pyles, MD is a Pain Medicine Anesthesiology Specialist in Ocala, FL. He is affiliated with Ocala Regional Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Pyles to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Pain Medicine Anesthesiology Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Pyles is affiliated with Ocala Regional Medical Center Ocala, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check if Dr. Pyles treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Pyles accepts

Dr. Pyles accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Pyles' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Pyles

3.6

Dr. Pyles
Was treated as though I was only there for drugs.Would not let me explain anything wanted a yes and no answer.He was very disrespectful,and did this with a smile on his face.He stated he does not give more than 3 oxycodone a day when I told him they lasted only 5 hrs his reply was he knew this I ask him what was I supposed to do and he shrugged his shoulders.I told him I had a rhizotomy 4 years ago and that I had been out of pain for 4 years his reply was"I have been doing rhizotomies for 35 years and I have never heard of that".. I told him it was apparent that he did not believe and our relationship would not work.Do yourself a favor and stay away from this dr.Like I said after 4 years of being pain free,because of the rhizotomy,the pain has returned.
Wanda Beegle – Apr 02, 2021
Dr. Pyles and Staff are the absolute best. Caring about their patients is a given. I just can't say enough about this wonderful Dr. I have known him for 30 years, and still think the World of him. He helped me 30 years ago, when I was in an accident, that left me in severe pain. So years later, when I needed his services again, he was there to help. Wish all Doctors had the compassion and caring that he and staff have. Sometimes the wait time might be a little long, but that could be you that he is helping.
Tasha Briggs – Nov 12, 2020
Dr Pyles is the best Pain doctor I have ever seen! If you really want to get rid of back pain this is the place!! I could not be happier and I can’t recommend Dr Pyles strongly enough!!
Michael Griffin – Jul 07, 2020
Went to this doctor a few months. First visit with Dr. Pyles was great. He did mention his spinal stimulator. The next few visits was with his NP Marty. He did nothing but push the stimulator or a pain pump. I wanted neither and was basically given an ultimatum. Try to force you to do something you don’t want to do. Don’t go here
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Ace Jackson – Jun 04, 2020
Dr. Pyles correctly diagnosed my hip pain after other doctors had failed to do so for many years. He treated my right SI joint with outpatient surgery and I am now pain free. I recommend Dr. Pyles to anyone who is patient and will listen and do what he suggests.
Vicki Fye – Feb 14, 2020
I have been a patient of doctor Pyles going on 5 years now. I have had numerous surgeries on my neck To try to repair my vertebrae it was unsuccessful so my only option was to try to control the pain. I searched and found doctor Pyles to be one of the best pain management doctors in the field. He went through my case and when decided the course of action would be a morphine pump implant. This has been a life changing event. If you are in need of a pain management doctor I would highly recommend doctor Pyles
Bill K – Jan 13, 2020
The office is very unorganized. Not enough staff in some areas. Wait times are unbelievable. However he is a good surgeon. Some of the nurses are excellent and with better management this office could be excellent.
May 17, 2019
After not being able to walk for a few years, Dr. Pyles was able to give me my life back. I can now walk, fold laundry, sit for a dinner with family. Things we all take for granted. Very caring, takes time to explain everything!
Tammy Douglas-Metivier in Ocala, FL – Nov 10, 2018
Excellent care! After numerous doctors he figured out what was going on and got me pain free!
Lisa Aradine in Ocklawaha FL – Sep 21, 2017
AWFUL! I have not one good thing to say about the doctor nor office staff. I highly recommend people look elsewhere for pain management, as this group is very unprofessional and will never take your pain serious! I transferred from out of state where i had the privilege to be treated by the best doctors, with them and their staff being respectful and professional every visit. In comparison, Dr Pyles and his staff is a disgrace to the medical profession, disrespectful, unprofessional, & rude.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
Middleburg, FL – May 15, 2017
The first thing to know about Dr Pyles is that he is a bit awkward to talk to. I've found that some of the best specialists I've had have been that way. He is extremely knowledgeable about his field and he took my pain away witha spinal cord stimulator. In five years only doctor pyles has given me an option other than more meds or dealing with it. None of the traditional procedures worked and I'm too young for traditional back surgery.This was such a wonderful relief! I'd recommend anyone to him
Ocala, FL – Apr 25, 2017
Dr. Pyles is extremely professional and I like the fact that he takes the time to answer my questions and I never feel rushed. I have total confidence in Dr. Pyles and am so thankful for the help he has given me.
M. Diaz in Ocala, FL – Nov 10, 2016
After I had knee replace my leg still had pain. They said my knee was perfect. I went to Dr Pyle's and he listen to me. Was very patient with me and cared about my pain. He said it's your back Sandy, not your leg. I couldn't believe it. I suffered for over a year and in just minutes he told me what I wanted to hear. I can help you,and he has. I'm now 99 % pain free. Thank God he listened and I can do the things I couldn't do before. Thanks to Dr Pyle's and Marty for listening .
Sandy Stiverson in Ocala, Florida – Oct 03, 2016
DR PYLES IS AN EXCELLENT DOCTOR. HE LISTENS TO YOU AND ANSWERS QUESTIONS TO DETERMINE THE CORRECT TREATMENT PLAN. HE IS KIND, PROFESSIONAL AND EVEN HAS A BIT OF HUMOR. :) I HAVE RECEIVED AMAZING RESULTS WITH THE INJECTIONS TO MY BACK. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HIM TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
ANNETTE QUINN in Ocala, FL – Sep 02, 2016
I have chronic disc degeneration, exacerbated by an accident a couple of years ago. Dr. Pyles has treated me as needed with excellent care and actually listens to my needs rather than trying to re-schedule just to generate income. The results are excellent and I highly recommend him!
Rhonda L. Spotts in Ocala, FL – Apr 20, 2016

How was your experience with Dr. Pyles?

• Pain Medicine Anesthesiology