Dr. Stephen Pilipshen, MD

Dr. Pilipshen
Telehealth services available

Colon and Rectal Surgical Center

1221 N Church St Ste 204 Moorestown, NJ 08057

Dr. Stephen Pilipshen, MD is a Colorectal Surgery Specialist in Moorestown, NJ and has over 45 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Joan Sanford I Weill Medical College Of Cornell University medical school in 1976. He is affiliated with Virtua Memorial Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Pilipshen to book an appointment.

Compare with other Colorectal Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Pilipshen with our nearby Colorectal Surgery Specialists at Cooper University Hospital.

Make an appointment at Cooper University Hospital today at (856) 499-4193.

These providers are on the medical staff of Cooper University Hospital.

Dr. Pilipshen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Pilipshen

Dr. Pilipshen?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (36)
  • Explained conditions well (36)
  • Office environment (36)
  • Long wait times (5)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (3)
  • Appointment was rushed (2)
Excellent doctor and interesting guy. Super at his job and and very caring. Staff is helpful and knowledgeable. I have had several procedures in his in-office surgery center that have gone extremely well. I highly recommend Dr Pilipshen.
john dinsmore – Aug 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Pilipshen, MD?
I had a very positive experience with Dr. Pilipshen and his staff. I underwent a multi-procedure surgery a month and a half ago and the outcome has been great thus far. Prior to deciding on Dr. Pilipshen, I consulted with multiple colorectal surgeons. I found him to be the the most thorough, careful and comprehensive in his approach. He also was respectful of my many questions, providing thorough answers I was able to understand. The Doctor was also responsive to my phone calls even when he was out of the office. I found him and his staff to be true professionals and I was very satisfied with the experience.
Andrew – Jul 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Pilipshen, MD?
Dr. Pilipshen is among the most knowledgeable and compassionate physicians I've encountered. When the non-invasive strategies he recommended became insufficient to manage my hemorrhoids, he performed an out-patient surgical procedure that has finally put the problem to rest. I am grateful for his skill as a surgeon, his patience and discretion, and his calm, reassuring demeanor. His outstanding staff always made make me feel comfortable, and went out of their way to answer questions or concerns about scheduling, treatment, and insurance coverage. Dr. Pilipshen and his team deserve the many awards and accolades they've earned.
Chuck B. – Jul 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Pilipshen, MD?
Great results. Easy to talk to. Pretty punctual.
Daniel Hutt – Jun 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Pilipshen, MD?
Dr. Philipshen was very professional in his practice. I was very nervous to have a colonoscopy, however Dr. Philipshen and his staff put me at ease. They made the procedure not so scary. The office was very clean and safe during the pandemic. I would highly recommend the doctor and his staff.
Maria Gimello – Mar 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Pilipshen, MD?
Dr. Pilipshen is the best doctor in his field. He takes a very professional approach to what can be a delicate area of evaluation and treatment. If you are hesitant about going for his services don't! He is the most skilled and knowledgeable doctor in his field in the tri-state area. His staff and him make you feel welcome and almost like family!
Ed S – Jan 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Pilipshen, MD?
I am extremely pleased with the care I have received from Dr. Pilipshen and his staff. I was comfortable, and well cared for. They have made the experience of colonoscopy and rectal surgery great. I felt heard, supported by friendly staff, Linda and Tina, and informed about all the procedures. Dr. P. spent time explaining why and what in a way I understood, fielded my questions with grace. I did not feel rushed in any way. I felt totally cared for both in the office and at the hospital. If it is time for you to get a colonoscopy, I heartily recommend this office and Dr. Pilipshen. I had other colonoscopies at large facilities where I felt like I was rushed though, waiting in lines and curtained alcoves. This experience was so nice in contrast. Individual attention and the same Dr. and staff each time The trust and confidence in results is so worth it.
Jan 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Pilipshen, MD?
Dr. Pilipshen and his staff are the best! I was so nervous when I arrived for my first appointment and did not know what to expect, but by the time I left I felt comfortable with the information provided to me. My surgery went smoothly as I was in good hands. Thank you for everything, Dr. Pilipshen, Nurse Linda, and Tina- you are all the best!
Jennifer J. – Dec 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Pilipshen, MD?
Dr. Pilipshen has a private practice and does colonoscopies in his office. He teams with an anesthetist and nurse who are present for the procedure. The office staff is friendly and the office spaces are extremely clean. There is a slight advantage to having a colonoscopy done in a hospital setting in case there is a rupture during the procedure but the risks are extremely low. I have had two colonoscopies with Dr. Pilipshen and am completely satisfied.
Dec 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Pilipshen, MD?
Dr. Pilipshen is the best professional in his field. His diagnostics and treatment suggestions are accurate, comprehensive and reflective of his experience. Before I went to him I had visited multiple other doctors for my problem but they all said they could not tell me the complexity of the procedure until the actual procedure happened. I was worried and thankfully I found him during a search on Google. After the first visit with Dr. Pilipshen not only was he able to tell me exactly what my procedure would be but also provided me a detailed recovery plan for it. He and his staff are very patient and detail oriented. I am really happy with my results and I recommend him highly.
Jay Lenka – Dec 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Pilipshen, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Pillipshen and his staff. From the moment I made the initial appointment I was taken care of in an extremely professional and compassionate manner. The Dr. and his nurse spent an unbelievable amount of time with me making sure I understood and felt comfortable with my upcoming procedure. I 100% made the right choice in choosing Dr. Stephen Pillipshen.
A. Z., Delran, NJ – Dec 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Pilipshen, MD?
I had developed a painful condition in which I needed emergency surgery. When I first spoke to Dr Pilipshen I knew I was in good hands. He is caring, highly intelligent, and I could not ask for a better physician. While I hope that I do not need to see this provider rest assured if someone asks me for a recommendation in this specialty (colorectal) I will recommend Dr Pilipshen without hesitation! Highly recommended!
Joseph Kaiser – Dec 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Pilipshen, MD?
Dr. Pilipshen is professional, knowledgeable and compassionate. He explains every procedure with detail and listens to your questions and concerns.. His office staff are amazing, helpful and friendly. I am very pleased with my results.. I highly recommend Dr. Pilipshen.!!
M.R... – Nov 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Pilipshen, MD?
From the moment that I walked in his office to the moment that I left his staff was extremely friendly and helpful. His nurse Linda was absolutely so nice, kind and caring. Doctor Pilipshen was also extremely professional, kind and caring. He took the time to listen to everything that was going on with me and all my other health concerns. Very professional doing every single test required in his office. And also took the time to thoroughly explain everything to me. The office was clean and very professional looking. I wish every doctors office would look like this and be taken care of as well as this one is. It would be even better if every doctor took the time to listen to you and explain everything as well as Dr Pilipshen and did. Thank you to everyone at his office. ??
Linda Cassin – Nov 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Pilipshen, MD?
Dr. Pilipshen is "Best in Class" in his specialty, not just for his years of experience, but his willingness to listen carefully and provide the best care for his patients. He is very detailed when explaining symptoms and findings, and design plans to address the problem and fix it. Just recently and during this pandemic, Dr. Pilipshen performed an emergency procedure to relieve me of unbearable pain with very short notice. Dr. Pilipshen is me and my wife's physician . I recommend him highly to anyone with a condition in his specialty. His nurse Linda, and PA Tina helps deliver one of the best medical experiences when visiting his office.
Clenton McArthur – Jul 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Pilipshen, MD?
Professional, prompt & thorough. Surgical results life changing. Office staff friendly & helpful. Wait time reasonable. Large waiting area, waiting rooms & surgical theater spotless. I strongly recommend Dr. Pilipshen.
KW -- Mt. Holly, NJ – Feb 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Pilipshen, MD?
The physician and his staff made me feel very comfortable and explained the process fully. The atmosphere is very upbeat and cheerful. Thank you.
Melanie – Dec 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Pilipshen, MD?
One of the Best experiences that I had with a Doctor, Dr Pilipshen explained all procedures that he was going to do and explained all activity during the procedure so you would know what to expect...I highly recommend Dr Pilipshen and his staff for your needs.....
Jules A – Dec 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Pilipshen, MD?
Dr. Pilipshen and his amazing staff are the people I am truly grateful for. My husband and I are both patients. My husband had an abscess in his colon. Dr. Pilipshen performed emergency surgery at midnight, saving my husband from a rupture. He also did the follow up surgery that was required. In addition, during the testing to find what was going on with the colon, Dr. Pilipshen spotted a mark on my husband's kidney. He is the one that insisted the hospital continue testing. As a result, my husband's kidney cancer was diagnosed while it was still in stage 1. It turned out to be more aggressive than originally thought. If not for Dr. Pilipshen, I don't know what would have happened. I also am a patient of the practice and he has been just as remarkable with me. I truly cannot say enough or thank him and his practice enough. Their bedside manner, especially given their field of expertise, just adds to why I would give them a 5+. We often think about what our lives would be like if we had
Shari Soriano – Nov 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Pilipshen, MD?
Dr. Pilipshen let me know what to expect from the very beginning. He even takes phone calls during his vacation time to answer my concerns. It laid my mind to rest and made me feel better. I would recommend him anytime. Many thanks to Dr. Pilipshen and his office for always being helpful and pleasant.
Oct 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Pilipshen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Pilipshen?

• Colorectal Surgery