Dr. Stephen Ozanne, MD

Dr. Stephen Ozanne, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Stephen Ozanne, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Dallas, TX. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Read his story

3450 W Wheatland Rd Ste 330

Dallas, TX 75237

• AvMed

Learn about Dr. Ozanne

See how frequently Dr. Ozanne performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spinal Stenosis
Low Back Pain
high
Intervertebral Disc Disease
high

Dr. Ozanne's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Ozanne's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Ozanne "I took an interest in medicine as a child due to a love for science and an admiration for our family doctor. I chose orthopedic surgery at the end of my third year of medical school as the area that seemed most fun and interesting. I like working with my hands, so the surgery appealed to me. "Orthopedic patients are from all ages and walks of life, and we can usually bring positive solutions. I was attracted by the upbeat demeanor of the orthopedists who were my mentors in medical school. I chose spinal surgery during my residency as it appealed to me based on the challenges and research opportunities involved and also the complexity of the surgeries. What I enjoy most is the challenge of finding the answer to questions for each new patient. What is wrong? What can we do to correct the problem without surgery? What procedure would be least invasive and most effective? "I like these challenges. I enjoy the interactions with my patients and my staff and my peers. I am personal and compassionate and very much an educator. I am warm. I touch patients and look at them and spend plenty of time with them. I hope to be able to give patients peace of mind and a better life with less pain and better function, and I am happy to pray with them and for them." Board-Certified: American Board of Orthopedic Surgery Fellow: American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons Fellowship-Trained: Adult Spinal Surgery, University of California Medical Center, San Diego, CA Residency: Orthopedic Surgery, Texas Tech University Health Science Center, Lubbock, TX MD: University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD Member: American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Texas Orthopedic Association, Dallas County Medical Society (past president) Dr. Ozanne also loves music, playing various instruments and singing. He also enjoys leading worship and prayer.Read more about Dr. Ozanne from his article in the Dallas Medical Journal.

This content was provided by Dr. Ozanne "Compassionate, personal and state of the art care of the spine. Emphasis on non-surgical options. When surgery needed, provide superior care."

Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Broken Neck
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pinched Nerve in Back
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Sacrum Disorders
  • Spondylosis
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Torticollis

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy

• Tex Tech University Health Science Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Uc San Diego Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Ozanne does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ozanne and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ozanne's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ozanne to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Ozanne Says:

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey.

Dr. Ozanne's Performance
in Waxahachie, TX |
Dr. Stephen Ozanne, MD did my Spinal Laminectomy L3/L4, L4/L5, L5/SI. I was in intense pain n my back and both my feet were going numb. Dr. Ozanne did an outstanding job. He and his staff were so professional. His experience with this type of surgery is what stuck out with me as well to choose him originally. I cannot say enough about his bed side manner, so courteous, kind and always caring. Always answered my questions and his staff were very polite, efficient and caring as well. God Bless.
in Waxahachie, TX |
in Desoto, TX |
When I first went I thought everything was great, but as time went on...I saw Dr. Ozanne for two months I needed an MRI... he never got it approved. I went to another doctor and within 24 HOURS I had my MRI approved and scheduled. The insurance company suggested a Peer to Peer to get things approved. He just kept sending the same reports. NOTHING was accomplished in over 2 months. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this doctor for back issues.
I would recommend the doctor and staff to everyone.
The facility and staff are always nice and polite. I have had nothing but the best of care
Very caring staff - great experience if you have to have back problems!
Very nice and professional
Friendly staff and Doctor. Took their time and thorough with my questions.
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Ozanne, MD?
Are you Dr. Ozanne?