Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD

Orthopedic Sports Medicine | Male

Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD
Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD is an orthopedic sports medicine doctor who practices in Mountain View, CA. He is 69 years old and has been practicing for 43 years. Dr. Osborn is affiliated with El Camino Hospital Los Gatos and El Camino Hospital- Mountain View Campus.

Dr. Osborn's Care Philosophy

Dr. Osborn is board certified in Orthoapedic Surgery with subspecialty training in Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic Surgery. He specializes in Sports Medicine, and Arthroscopic and Reconstructive Shoulder and Knee Surgery. Dr. Osborn grew up in Seattle, Washington. He was very active in competitive swimming and track; he also became heavily involved in skiing and bicycling. He attended both Seattle University and the University of Washington. He received his Bachelor of Science Degree with dual

Dr. Osborn's Experience

See how Dr. Osborn's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Osborn

Dr. Osborn accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Osborn is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Osborn has admitting privileges.

Dr. Osborn's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Osborn to family and friends
    4.2
    Dr. Osborn's Performance
    Sunnyvale, CA |
    I have been a patient of Dr. Osborn for a couple of years. It began with shoulder problems and then later when I had back problems I went back to him. I love his approach..his first option with me was not surgery, but rather a more conservative approach. Regarding my back issues, he referred me to a spine specialist which was very helpful. Prior to meeting with Dr. Osborn I had been seen at a well known sports medicine office wherein surgery was offered after one lousy cortisone shot. 5 stars!!
    in Santa Clara, CA |
    Dr. Osborn tales the time to conduct a thorough exam and prefer any tests hee feels are necessary. He discusses his findings with the patient and outlines the options. He is a very skilled surgeon. Always staying up on the latest advancements.
    in San Jose, CA |
    I've been a patient of the Drs since I was involved in a vehicular accident in1993. Due to severity of multiple injuries, Dr. Osborn has performed 7 different surgeries on both my knees and one on my neck. I believe that due to these procedures and Drs care I still lead an active life. He is a caring and compassionate Dr. An excellent surgeon. I highly recommend him. J.Perry
    in Belmont, CA |
    I have been a patient of Dr. Osborn's for over 25 years, and have always left his office knowing I had his full attention and best care. The few times I have had to see super specialists, he found me the best of the best, even in another state. I have seen physicians in the "big box" medical offices and much prefer the one on one attention you get at Dr. Osborn's office. If you need an orthopedist and want both a great doctor and individualized care, I highly recommend Dr. Stephen Osborn.
    in Milpitas, CA |
    I have gone to Dr. Osborn for several injuries over the past 8 years. He has always been extremely helpful and knowledgable. I liked how he would suggest several options of treatment, with surgery as a last option. I will definitely go back to see him if I get injured again.
    in Milpitas, CA |
    Dr. Osborn performed surgery on a Meniscus tear on my knee. My knee is as good as new. He is very efficient and willing to explain any parts of the procedure. I experienced a short down time after my surgery and a rapid return to normal usage of my knee.
    in Los Gatos CA |
    Very thoughtful, thorough and experienced. Dr. Osborn takes the time to understand, test, review and recommend personalized treatments. Highly recommend to anyone looking for sports injury related issues.
    in Mountain View, CA |
    Over the past 20 years Dr. Osborn has repaired both of my Achilles' heels. Assisted on my back surgery. And has just done a shoulder reconstruction. He is very knowledgeable and I wouldn't trust anybody else with operating on me for orthopedics. Stan Tupper
    in Mountain View, CA |
    Dr Osborn is a wonderful doctor and an even better surgeon. He will take the time to get to know you and will provide a comprehensive diagnosis and treatment plan.
    in Milpitas, CA |
    I was in a car accident, I was having issues with my treating doctor's being able to determine why I was in such pain. Their response was always take this drug or other. When one finally recommended Dr. Osborn. He got me off the drugs, did surgery and I was much better. Since then he has done both my knees and my shoulder. He is caring, takes time with his patients, listens and treats the whole person, not just the ailment. I would highly recommend Dr. Osborn.
    in Cupertino, CA |
    I've had a variety of orthopedic injuries/issues, including a broken ankle, frozen shoulder and back spasms. I like being able to go to one doctor who can address all these issues. Dr. Osborn is competent, and a great diagnostician. I didn't realize how good he was until I had to go to a big box ortho office when my insurance changed, and I hated it. Thankfully my new policy allows me to see Dr. Osborn. I wouldn't go anywhere else.
    in San Jose, CA |
    I've been a patient since 2001. I've had 1 knee surgery and both ankles operated on. Dr.Osborn is very professional and he genuinely cares for all of his patients. Always willing to go the extra mile.I highly recommend him.
    Have you seen Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD?
    Are you Dr. Osborn?

Dr. Osborn's Care Philosophy

Dr. Osborn says...

I specialize in the most updated diagnosis and treatment of athletic/sports injuries.  I focus on shoulder, knee, elbow, ankle, and back injuries, and shoulder and Knee reconstruction surgery..  I perform knee and shoulder reconstruction surgeries.  I emphasize the proper and timely rehabilitation, and the prevention of injuries.  I have an extensive background in General surgery, Orthopedic surgery, and additional training, with a Total Joint Fellowship, and Knee and Sports Medicine fellowship.  I am also a very active athlete myself.

Dr. Osborn's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Sports Medicine
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Osborn has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Osborn's Board Certifications

• Crystalline Arthritis
    • Elbow Bursitis
    • Elbow Fracture
    • Elbow Sprain
    • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
    • Femur Fracture
    • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
    • Fractured Lower Leg
    • Knee Injuries
    • Knee Ligament Injuries
    • Knee Sprain
    • Knee Tendinitis
    • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
    • Metatarsal Fracture
    • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
    • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
    • Wear and Tear Arthritis
    • Wrist Fracture

Creighton University School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1974

University Of Chicago (General Surgery), Loyola University (Orthopedic Surgery)

Completed in 1979

Knee and Sports Medicine Fellowship, Memorial Hospital, Long Beach, Ca.

Completed in 1980