Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 72

Dr. Osborn

Stephen F Osborn MD

2500 Hospital Dr Ste 15d Mountain View, CA 94040

Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Mountain View, CA and has over 46 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Creighton University School Of Medicine medical school in 1974. He is affiliated with medical facilities El Camino Health - Los Gatos Campus and Mountain View Campus (El Camino Hospital). He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Osborn to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Osborn with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Regional Medical Center Of San Jose.

Make an appointment at Regional Medical Center Of San Jose today at (408) 703-1394.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Regional Medical Center Of San Jose.

Dr. Osborn's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Osborn

4.5

Dr. Osborn?
I have been a patient of Dr. Osborn for many years. I think the true test of how much you trust your doctor is "who would you send your mother to?" Well, after my 90 year old mom had a car accident and the hospital found nothing wrong with her, I sent her to Dr. Osborn. He had her get new x-rays, and found four broken ribs. He treated her, and gave her advice which led to her full recovery. He took care of my mom as if she were his own mother. You will not find better care anywhere.
Claudia – Aug 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD?
I've seen Dr. Osborn for various orthopedic issues over a 20 year period and even though he is a surgeon, he has only operated on me once. Instead he prefers to correct orthopedic problems using exercises and physical therapy, when possible. For me this says a lot about his philosophy of treating his patients. Several years ago, there was an instance where surgery was necessary. Although he is a surgeon, Dr. Osborn was upfront with me about this not being his specialty. Instead he helped me find a surgeon who specialized in this type of surgery. Even though he didn't perform the surgery, Dr. Osborn kept on top of all it, following up with me and the surgeon to make sure everything was going well. In short, Dr. Osborn is a doctor who cares about his patients health and their progress towards recovery. He is straight forward in his discussions, which is something I really appreciate. . I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Osborn to anyone looking for a sports medicine or orthopedic doctor.
A. M. – Aug 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD?
I've gone to Dr Osborn for over 30 years now, and even though I now live in Santa Cruz, I go see him whenever I have a joint issue, often to get a second opinion. He has always been incredibly thorough in his examinations and he spends time with and listens to his patients. He has been able to explain things to me that several other orthopedic surgeons had not and focuses on non-surgical solutions and preventive care as well as on surgical solutions and getting the best care possible. I went to him for a shoulder injury and in addition to treating the shoulder, he correctly diagnosed a non-fusing bone in my foot (from a previous surgery) and referred me to the best podiatrist in the Bay Area, who was able to repair it. I highly recommend Dr. Osborn.
TW – Aug 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD?
Dr. Osborn is my Orthopedic surgeon. Dr Osborn made sure I understood my options when it came time for surgery. He breaks it down so it easy to understand what needs to be done and why. I found him to be kind, supportive, and smart. Dr. Osborn made me feel like I would be alright.
Michael Vezzolini – Oct 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD?
I have had multiple surgeries due to osteoarthritic. Three arthroscopic knee surgeries, one total knee replacement and one arthroscopic shoulder surgery. Also had a carpal tunnel surgery and am soon to have my other hand done. Would go to no one but Dr. Stephen Osborn, Ten years ago I moved 3 hours away from Mountain View and I make the trip up to see him whenever I need help. He is always patient and doesn't rush surgery on you. Dr. Osborn and his staff are aware of how far away I live and they go out of their way to help me. I have never had a single post operative complication.
Virginia Becchine – Sep 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD?
Dr. Osborn: I was your patient in 1987. My name is Edward E. Bradford and I was 35 at the time. You diagnosed a disc herniation at L4-5. I just wanted to write and sincerely thank you for helping me. I have had a fully active life to no small degree because of you, and of course Dr. Welsh. I was certainly blessed to have you both in my corner. I hope I thanked you then, but just in case I wanted you to know that I have never forgotten you and Dr. Welsh. Thank You Very Much--God Bless---Edward
Edward Bradford in Carson City, NV – Jun 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD?
Dr Osborn helped me with my back injury and my nerve damage issues. He was one of the best doctor's I've seen. I had so much trouble before and he has healed my back. He also took care of my husband during his concussion. I recommend him to anyone who wants a knowledgable doctor with an amazing bedside manner.
Isha in Mountain view , CA – Feb 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD?
He is very helpful, friendly, and empathetic. He is amazing at diagnosing the knee and understanding the needs of the patient.
Bailey in Mountain View, CA – Oct 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD?
He is my back surgery doctor, I have seen him still, he is the best. Recently my left heel is hurt and he advised me to buy Asics shoe that I never wear this brand before and buy Superfeet insert. I bought Asics gel-nimbus 19 and green superfeet, after wearing 2 weeks, My heel is hurt less and it also makes my back more stable, really suprises me, I should say "WOW".
QT in San Jose, CA – Dec 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD?
From my first visit with Dr. Osborn due to a very serious industrial accident on the job, I have had complete confidence in Dr. Osborn's treatment approach. He was very thorough in his diagnosis of the multiple serious injuries I sustained in my fall on the job. He has a very direct way of giving you his best opinion in what treatment/s will be of ultimate benefit to you, the patient. I feel very fortunate to have found Dr. Osborn to help give me back my health.
Gilbert Chavez in Cupertino, CA – Dec 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD?
I really appreciate Dr. Osborn’s perfect surgery and sincere care of my raptured Achilles’ tendon. Now I am fully recovered, but it could not happen without him and Kimberly. Again,thank you very much.
S.S. in Mountain View, CA – Oct 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD?
Dr. Osborn takes more time to explain his reasoning than any doctor I've ever had. He made sure I understood everything about my injury. This included a deep dive into the mechanics of blood flow and why it was important to ice my wrist between 4 and 8 times a day (he's clearly used to having annoying engineers like me as patients). See him if you break a bone or have a sports related injury, because he takes time to analyze and explain your injury as opposed to just getting patients in and out
Ian in Mountain View, CA – Oct 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Osborn for a couple of years. It began with shoulder problems and then later when I had back problems I went back to him. I love his approach..his first option with me was not surgery, but rather a more conservative approach. Regarding my back issues, he referred me to a spine specialist which was very helpful. Prior to meeting with Dr. Osborn I had been seen at a well known sports medicine office wherein surgery was offered after one lousy cortisone shot. 5 stars!!
Sunnyvale, CA – Jun 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD?
Dr. Osborn tales the time to conduct a thorough exam and prefer any tests hee feels are necessary. He discusses his findings with the patient and outlines the options. He is a very skilled surgeon. Always staying up on the latest advancements.
Brettc18 in Santa Clara, CA – Oct 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD?
I've been a patient of the Drs since I was involved in a vehicular accident in1993. Due to severity of multiple injuries, Dr. Osborn has performed 7 different surgeries on both my knees and one on my neck. I believe that due to these procedures and Drs care I still lead an active life. He is a caring and compassionate Dr. An excellent surgeon. I highly recommend him. J.Perry
J. Perry in San Jose, CA – Sep 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Osborn's for over 25 years, and have always left his office knowing I had his full attention and best care. The few times I have had to see super specialists, he found me the best of the best, even in another state. I have seen physicians in the "big box" medical offices and much prefer the one on one attention you get at Dr. Osborn's office. If you need an orthopedist and want both a great doctor and individualized care, I highly recommend Dr. Stephen Osborn.
Mike in Belmont, CA – Sep 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD?
I have gone to Dr. Osborn for several injuries over the past 8 years. He has always been extremely helpful and knowledgable. I liked how he would suggest several options of treatment, with surgery as a last option. I will definitely go back to see him if I get injured again.
Jessica in Milpitas, CA – Aug 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD?
Dr. Osborn performed surgery on a Meniscus tear on my knee. My knee is as good as new. He is very efficient and willing to explain any parts of the procedure. I experienced a short down time after my surgery and a rapid return to normal usage of my knee.
Rich in Milpitas, CA – Jul 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD?
Very thoughtful, thorough and experienced. Dr. Osborn takes the time to understand, test, review and recommend personalized treatments. Highly recommend to anyone looking for sports injury related issues.
Sanjeev Agrawal in Los Gatos CA – Jul 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD?
Over the past 20 years Dr. Osborn has repaired both of my Achilles' heels. Assisted on my back surgery. And has just done a shoulder reconstruction. He is very knowledgeable and I wouldn't trust anybody else with operating on me for orthopedics. Stan Tupper
Stan T in Mountain View, CA – Jul 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Osborn, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Osborn?

Dr. Osborn is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery, with sub-specialty training in Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic Surgery, and Total Joint Reconstruction....Read more

See the above.

• Orthopedics
  • Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery
Less...

1980
Knee and Sports Medicine Fellowship, Memorial Hospital, Long Beach, Ca.
1980
Total Joint Fellowship, Presbyterian Hospital, Dallas, Texas
1979
University Of Chicago (General Surgery), Loyola University (Orthopedic Surgery)
1974