Dr. Stephen Nystrom, DO

Dr. Stephen Nystrom, DO

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Stephen Nystrom, DO is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Brooksville, FL. He is 35 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Nystrom is affiliated with Citrus Memorial Hospital and Oak Hill Hospital.

West Coast Musculoskeletal Institute

14555 Cortez Blvd

Brooksville, FL 34613

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Nystrom

I provide compassionate care for orthopedic patients.  A focused approach to maximize non-operative modalities and use surgery as a last resort.  The management of the diagnosis is shared between the patient and myself.

Video

Dr. Nystrom's Experience

Dr. Nystrom's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Nystrom does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Arthritis
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pain
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Ligament Tears

• Shoulder Replacement
  • Ultrasound Guided Procedures

• KS UNIV OF MED & BIOSCI COLL OF OSTEO MED
    Medical School | Graduated 2008

Dr. Nystrom has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Nystrom has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Nystrom does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nystrom and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Citrus Memorial Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Nystrom is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Nystrom's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nystrom to family and friends
Dr. Nystrom's Performance
in Spring Hill, FL |
Another year another torn meniscus trim. This one took a little longer for the soreness to go away, but the end result is I'm pain free now.
in Spring hill |
It's been recommended that I have a hip replacement.. I was somewhat surprised and apprehensive because I am only 53. Dr Nystrom sat down with me and my husband on 2 occasions to explain details. He has an outstanding demeanor and a calming effect. After receiving the details of the surgery, I really can't wait to get it over with. I now have little to no apprehension about the procedure. He has excellent patient skills. I'll keep you posted post-surgery
in Spring Hill, FL |
I fell and couldn't get up, called 911, was taken to Oak Hill Hospital, and met Dr. Nystrom. He was the on call doctor at the time and told me I had a broken hip, and could need a replacement, and that I would find out what treatment was once I woke up. Fortunately I didn't need a hip replacement, only 3 screws and three months for recovery. Dr. Nystrom was very efficient, and was on top of my care during the 3 month period. A great doctor with a great bedside manner. So happy he is here.
spring hill, fl |
Dr. Nystrom is a very caring doctor with an excellent bedside manner. He did rotator cuff surgery on me and I never had any postoperative pain. I highly recommend him.
in Homosassa, FL |
Dr. Nystrom was prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable regarding my problem. He gave me a shot in the knee and resolved my problems.
in Spring Hill, FL |
Dr. Nystrom is the most caring physician that I have ever visited. He did a total knee replacement for me and was always there to answer questions and concerns. Recently I had a shoulder injection and I became dizzy and lightheaded when I left the exam room. He came into the waiting room and sat with my husband and me until I began to feel better. He is a very intelligent doctor and knows how "to fix what ails you". He is also not afraid to recommend another doctor in his practice if need be.
in Spring Hill, FL |
I ended up seeing Dr. Nystrom after a visit to the ER and a visit to their referral. After seeing the doctor that the ER recommended. He sent me to a doctor for surgery that I had to wait 3 weeks for. I was in so much pain and needed something done. I found Dr. Nystrom by accident and I am so glad that I did. He took x-rays and said that I didn't need surgery after all. He fixed me up and his bedside manner is awesome. I highly recommend him.
in Weeki Wachee, FL |
Dr. Nystrom is an excellent surgeon and impressed me with his ability to explain my options, treatment and prognosis. He performed a partial knee replacement on my right knee. After only a few weeks, I was totally pain-free, able to do all activities (including stairs, walking and golf) better than ever. The scar is well healed and is hardly noticeable already. He is caring, patient and I highly recommend him.
in Homosassa, FL |
I'm a former college football play having had 2 conventional knee operations on my right knee in 1970. I came to Dr. Nystrom for a left knee problem and I was certain he would operate on the knee in the near future. Instead he did a procedure in the office that would possibly rule out a trip to the O.R. I was impressed with his knowledge and demeanor and his attitude of not racing me to the O.R.
in Spring Hill, FL |
Dr Nystrom takes the time to explain exactly what is going on and what the options are,he is very knowledgable !! I would recommend him to everyone !!
in Homosassa, FL |
The only comment I can make is EXCELLENT - EXCELLENT - EXCELLENT. Dr. Nystrom from the very first meeting was very forth coming on what was wrong and how he would fix it. After the operation he met with the person who was with me and gave her any and all the information she asked for. When he came to the room the next morning he again explained all he did and what he expected my recovery to be. A week after the operation at the office he fully went over the operation. EXCELLENT CARE.
in springhill,fl, FL |
dr nystrom was very personable, and informative. he explained my condition and options in a very clear and easy to understand, very happy with him and will continue to see him in the future.
in Brooksville, Fl |
Dr. Nystrom was fantastic while evaluating my daughter. He was very friendly, inviting, and made her feel very comfortable and relaxed. He was very knowledgeable about her injury,took his time to explain her injury to us and advised us of our options. We would highly recommend Dr. Nystrom. The office staff was very friendly and answered all the questions I had. If they didn't know they would ask Dr. Nystrom and get back to me.
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Nystrom, DO?
Are you Dr. Nystrom?

Visit Dr. Nystrom

Dr. Nystrom accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Nystrom has admitting privileges

Citrus Memorial Hospital
502 W Highland Blvd
Inverness, FL 34452
Oak Hill Hospital
11375 Cortez Blvd
Brooksville, FL 34613

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Nystrom at West Coast Musculoskeletal Institute

Orthopedic Surgery Specialist