Dr. Stephen Munns, MD

Sports Medicine •  Male • Age 67

Dr. Munns

Heartland Hand & Spine Orthopaedic Center, P.A.

10730 Nall Ave Ste 200 Overland Park, KS 66211

Dr. Stephen Munns, MD is a Sports Medicine Specialist in Overland Park, KS and has over 41 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Roy J Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine At University Of Iowa medical school in 1979. He is affiliated with University Of Kansas Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Munns to book an appointment.

Compare with other Sports Medicine Specialists

Compare Dr. Munns with our nearby Sports Medicine Specialists at Research Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Research Medical Center today at (816) 787-0997.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Research Medical Center.

Dr. Munns' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Munns

3.3

Dr. Munns?
Aside from having to have surgery, which was a must, I was very happy with Dr. Munns and his staff. I never waited more than 10 minutes in the waiting room, I always showed up 15 minutes early for my appointment (as directed) once taken back to the exam room, again the Doctor and his staff are very prompt and very professional. I am happy with my results. Knee surgery is not an easy fix, as a patient you have to take responsibility for your results, meaning, you have got to do your physical therapy as directed by your therapist. The Doctor fixed your problem, it is up to you how well you recover. Unfortunately I have to have my other knee fixed too, and I will be more than happy to have Dr. Munns, his staff, the staff at KU from the admissions to the recovery fix my other knee!
Mendi – Dec 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Munns, MD?
I did not have a positive experience with Dr. Munns or his staff at Indian Creek. I arrived for my 10:00 appointment at 10:00, however, an incorrectly posted sign directed me to the adjacent building. After getting help from an employee, (who informed me that people are “sent to the wrong building ALL the time”) I made it to the correct building where I was turned away, quite rudely, without consideration to the circumstances. I was 15 minutes past the start of my appointment time and the policy is that at 15 minutes or later they will not see you. The only reason I was late was because of being directed to the wrong office building. I offered to wait in the waiting room for as long as it would take to let other patients go before me. I drove 1 hour with 3 small children to go to this appointment that I’ve had scheduled for a month and a half. I became upset and tearful and the response by the clerk was to “just call the scheduler and make a new appointment! “ No Thanks.
Sep 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Munns, MD?
I had a horrible experience all across the board with Dr. Munns. I can overlook the long waits to see him, or the condescending attitude or even the fact that after my surgery while I was still under anesthesia his attending nurse shook me awake and told my wife the recovery room was closing and she needed to get me out of there. I can overlook that. What I can't overlook is the fact that he botched my rotator cuff surgery. My shoulder was in worse pain after surgery than before. It never got better and when I told him I was in pain he accused me of not adequately doing my PT exercises. When my shoulder continued to get worse I went to another doctor who performed reconstructive surgery 10 months after Munns initial surgery. The new doctor had to cut my shoulder open to properly repair it since Munns had given me 7 arthroscopic poke holes (he had promised 2-3) to perform his surgery. It didn't matter. I felt fantastic immediately after the new surgery to repair Munns work.
Jun 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Munns, MD?
I’ve had both knees replaced with Dr Munns. Both went very well. Before I booked my surgery Dr Munns spent time answering all my questions and prepared me for how things were going to go. From the first visit to the post surgery follow ups Dr Munns and his staff treated me as if I was their only patient. His entire team are nothing less than spectacular. If you’re thinking about total knee replacement I highly recommend Dr Munns.
Neil Ostby in Lenexa , KS – Dec 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Munns, MD?
This doctor Dr Steve Munns did surgery on my hip that was suppose to be a surgery with 4-6 weeks down time. Needless to say I have been disabled for over 4 years This doctor ever gave me a apology or a reason this happen. I went to several doctors in the KU group and no one could tell me why my leg nerves were damaged doing surgery. Dr Munns was very unsympathetic and didn't care that he changed my life forever, when i was a very able body doing very physical work all my life. BAD DR...
Dorothy E in Kansas City – Feb 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Munns, MD?
There isn't enough room here to describe my visit with Dr. Munns. Suffice to say he contradicted all but one finding assessed via MRI and 4 view X-ray of the L knee, a tibial plateau fracture. The meniscus, MCL, LCL and tendon damage was ignored or attributed, possibly, to prior surgery. So my reports went from "Several concerning findings", "Your MRI is a mess", to Dr. Munns' "You hurt your knee." I was left with, "come see me in 6 weeks", and an order for 8 wks of PT. Seeking 2nd opinion.
Bumleg B. – Aug 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Munns, MD?
I had shoulder pain consult. He was arrogant,"full of himself", extremely cavalier about my injury, comparing it to his injuries from his "competition weight-lifting". Refused to give a cortisone shot; said he could but wasn't going to. Instead prescribed Volteran Gel as he uses it on his shoulder pain! I am cardiac patient & cannot take NSAIDs That is what RX is! He said it would heal on its own. I went elsewhere & have large Labrum tear & need surgery! Beware of this one! He needs to retire!
Mar 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Munns, MD?
I saw Dr Munns two different times for knee injuries. He is very professional & I am very happy with the diagnosis & results of surgeries. I highly recommend him!
Kansas City, MO – Dec 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Munns, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Munns?

• Sports Medicine