Pain Medicine  |
Male
Dr. Stephen Shiller, MD
After completing medical school at New York Medical College I moved on to a one year Surgical internship and Anesthesiology residency at the University of Arizona. Although I loved the practice of Anesthesiology, during my residency I found my true passion in the treatment of chronic pain. I completed a fellowship in Pain Medicine at Columbia University and returned to my home in Tucson having an opportunity to practice with my good friend and mentor, Dr. Emil Annabi. It is a real privilege to return to Tucson and provide pain management to my hometown community that I have been a part of for over 20 years.

4601 E Broadway Blvd

Tucson, AZ 85711

Dr. Stephen Shiller, MD

• Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
  • Care 1st Health Plan
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Guardian
  • Health Net
  • MercyCare Health Plans
  • MetLife

Learn about Dr. Shiller

Our patients are our top priority.

At Pima Pain Center we are dedicated to the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of your pain. We are focused on listening to our patients' concerns, understanding their needs and truly providing the best care of each individual patient. Our physicians will work with you and your primary care doctor to design a treatment plan to decrease your pain and improve your life.

We understand that living with pain can be an anxious time for you and your family. Our primary objective is to facilitate your recovery by providing nationally recognized quality care. Our staff of caring professionals is focused on meeting your needs and exceeding your expectations.

Dr. Shiller's Experience

Dr. Shiller's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pain Medicine

• Pain Medicine
  • Anesthesiology

Dr. Shiller does not have any board certifications listed.

• Spinal Compression Fracture
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)

• Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection
  • Shoulder Injection
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Thoracic Epidural Steroid Injection
  • Thoracic Facet Joint Injection

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Nymc Fifth Pathway Program
    Medical School | Graduated 2010
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2011
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014
  • Columbia University / College Of Physicians and Surgeons
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Shiller has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Shiller has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shiller does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shiller and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shiller's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shiller to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Shiller's Performance
in Tucson, AZ |
For the past several months I have been a patient at Pima Pain Center. Dr. Shiller has in his treatment plan administered several injections into the spinal canal of my low back. This has been a persistent problem not responding the way he hoped. He is skilled and administers these with precision. His calm manner relaxes me and puts me at ease.
in Tucson Az |
I'm a disabled Iraq combat veteran who has been seeing drs from injuries I received from combat. Dr shiller is by far the best dr I have seen in the 8 years I've gotten out of the United States army. If something doesn't work for you he is very understanding and will go a different path to help you have a normal active life. I've recommended a very important person in my life to him that I wouldn't just trust just any dr to help her. If you want the best pain dr in tucson go see Dr shiller!
Thank you so much for the 5 star review!
in Tucson, AZ |
Doctor Shiller is a very compassionate and caring doctor. He takes the time to hear his patients and listens. He explains procedures and is well informed.
thank you so much for the 5 star review!
in Tucson, AZ |
I recently transferred from Rincon Pain Management and boy am I glad I did!! Dr Shiller is friendly, personable, and down-to-earth. Instead of being treated like a drug addict, I'm now treated as a human being with a medical condition I didn't ask for. I would recommend Pima Pain Center to anybody who is fed up with the condescension, humiliation, and degradation that is unfortunately all too common in the pain management biz. If they don't treat you with dignity, move on!
thank you so much for the 5 star review!
Tucson |
Buyer beware! Dr. Schiller had not read my chart before my appointment and throughout the meeting did not listen to my needs. He then got frustrated with me when I expressed my concerns that he was not listening and was making recommendations that were not based on my needs in my chart.
Tucson Arizona |
Great experience . Staff is amazing and caring . Medical director is so helpful and knowledgeable. For the people who hate I'm sure it's because you didn't get your medication. If you want medication this IS NOT the place. If you want to feel better physically this is exactly where you should be .
in Tucson. Az |
Asked him a question and he literally lost his mind and started screaming at me I wouldn't recommend my DOG TO HIM! I think he's nasty and mean along with totally disrespectful
in Tucson, AZ |
Quite simply the best doctor I have EVER had. His knowledge and expertise combined with his ability to explain technical aspects AND treat me with extraordinary COMPASSION, helped my difficult case improve immensely! Warren Taylor, Tucson
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Shiller is one of the kindest, most dedicated physicians I've ever had. He genuinely cares about each of his patients, and his quiet confidence helps put patients and their families at each. I'm happy he's part of my team of incredible doctors at Pima Pain! I highly recommend Dr. Shiller to anyone suffering from chronic pain, who is looking for compassionate, intelligent care (and not a quick pain medication prescription).
in Tucson Arizona |
Some doctors see patients in a hurry and have no bedside manners, Dr. Shiller is great and treats you like your his only patient. Dr. Shiller is very knowledgeable and compassionate. I think Dr. Shiller is the best doctor. I have seen many doctors in the last ten years, now I found the doctor to fix my problems.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Dr. Shiller treated me like a human being instead of a criminal who's intent was to abuse meds. After 5 spine surgeries and numerous doctors he's the second Dr who treated me with compassion and grace. An appointment with him is like visiting a close friend. His affect and is non assuming and warm. He explains options that are appropriate for ME. I'm sick of meds and I've decided to get a spinal cord stimulator. I can't imagine anyone but Dr. Shiller doing my surgery. He's a blessing. Period.
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Shiller, MD?

Visit Dr. Shiller

Evening
Dr. Shiller accepts 18 insurance carriers
  • Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
  • Care 1st Health Plan