Dr. Stephen Markantone, DPM

Podiatric Surgery ·  Male

Dr. Markantone

Dr. Stephen Markantone, DPM is a podiatric surgery specialist in North Versailles, PA. He specializes in podiatric surgery and podiatric foot & ankle surgery.

Make an appointment

Dr. Markantone accepts

Dr. Markantone accepts the following insurance:

Select
Amerihealth
Personal Choice PPO
Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health America PPO
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
UPMC
UPMC PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Markantone's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Markantone's Top Procedures and Conditions

Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed

Dr. Markantone performs Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed more than 82% of his peers

Dr. Markantone performs this procedure more than 82% of his peers

• Sever's Disease
  • Stress Fracture of Foot
  • Warts
  • Wound Care and Management

"Foot pain can be treated, improving your quality of life and increasing your activity level" . Board-certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and the American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics.
When seeing a patient for the firs...

• Podiatric Surgery

4.4

Dr. Markantone?
Dr. Markantone's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Stephen Markantone, DPM
I have been a patient of Dr. Markantone for 6 years now and would highly recommend to family and friends, which I have already done. He is the most understanding and helpful with the issues that I have experienced with my feet.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Markantone, DPM?
I tried to pay my copay upfront, before my appt., but they refused to let me. I went through the whole appt (x-rays, measurements for orthotics, etc.). Went to pay at the end and was SHOCKED to see the bill was nearly $200. Apparently they charge >$100 for a "first time appt." They never told me, website didn't state it. I was appalled and asked for an itemized bill before I would pay. They never sent me one and I never went back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Markantone, DPM?
I have been treated by Dr. Markantone for many years. No matter what foot problem I have had, Dr. Markantone has always solved the problem. Very knowledgeable and professional. I have referred others to him over the years and will continue to do so.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Markantone, DPM?
Dr. Markantone and his staff are courteous, knowledgable and professional. I have been in Dr. Markantone's care for approximately one year, and he has greatly helped my plantar fasciitis, through a variety of different treatment methods, including surgery. As with everything Dr. Markantone does, the surgery was carefully and thoroughly explained so there were no surprises before, during or after the procedure. I will continue to visit Dr. Markantone for all of my podiatric needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Markantone, DPM?
The doctor and staff are very knowledgeable and friendly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Markantone, DPM?
He is the Best one around.. Very caring Explains everything he, spends a lot of time with you. My daughter felt comfortable with him. Easy to get a appointment I highly recommend him Would not go anywhere else!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Markantone, DPM?
I was happy with Dr. Markantone, but not anymore. In between visits to him I developed an ulcer on my foot. It got infected and I had to go to a wound clinic. At my next apt. with him I told him. He was not happy about it and asked me why I didn't go to him first. I explained it was necessary. He became rude and unprofessional. He refused to treat me.. He was horrible to me. I always thought he was arrogant, and I was right. . I filed a complaint against him for unethical behavior.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Markantone, DPM?
I find Dr. Markantone to be a good listener and quite helpful. I am satisfied with his care and will continue with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Markantone, DPM?
Professional and knowledgeable. He fixed my foot pain and made me feel very comfortable in the process. If you are looking for a GREAT podiatrist I would look no further.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Markantone, DPM?
Dr. Markantone was very personable and knowledgeable in his profession. I would recommend him in a heart beat to anyone who needs a Podiatrist. His staff and himself were very friendly and professional. I wish more doctors visits would go this smoothly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Markantone, DPM?
The issues I came into the office for, he made me comfortable and relaxed. He took his time and explained everything to me that I could understand. THANKS again Doctor Markantone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Markantone, DPM?
Dr. Stephen Markantone had performed surgery on both of my feet at different times over the last two years. Since I have known him he has always been very professional and conscientious. He truly does care about his patients. He takes the time to fully explain your individual situation in detail and answers all your questions. His office staff is outstanding and always make you feel welcome. Dr. Markantone is an excellent DPM and I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Markantone, DPM?
After being seen by another doctor for foot pain, I thought I was doomed to a life of pain. Then I was seen by Dr.Markantone and in 48 hours my pain was greatly relieved. He was knowledgable, courteous and efficient. And the best thing, he read my history and was not afraid to examine my foot.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Markantone, DPM?
I was going out of town and needed an emergency vist. Called Dr. markantone and he made time to see me the very day I called. He was very caring .... And conscientious to my needs. I never felt rushed during my impromptu office visit, he was truly concerned for my well being. I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Markantone, DPM?
Doctor Markantone is an excellent doctor, very experienced in his profession. He understands your problem and will talk with you about it, giving you suggestions on what you should do. I was in a lot of pain in both feet and I'm on my feet all day at work and the pain was very bad. He looked at both feet and gave me a shot of cortisone in both feet and suggested I get Orthotics ( Insoles ) for both feet. I scheduled an another appointment and on that visit I did have him make the Orthotics.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Markantone, DPM?

How was your experience with Dr. Markantone?