Dr. Stephen Lee, MD

Dr. Stephen Lee, MD

Cataract Surgery  ·

Dr. Stephen Lee, MD is a cataract surgery specialist in Philadelphia, PA and has been practicing for 23 years. He specializes in cataract surgery and ophthalmology.Read his story

Ophthalmic Partners

125 S 9th St Ste 400

Philadelphia, PA 19107

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Advantra
  • Amerihealth
  • Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Capital Blue Cross
  • CHAMPVA
  • Cigna-HealthSpring
  • Consumer Health Network
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Lee

See how frequently Dr. Lee performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cataract
high
Senile Cataracts
high
Cataract Removal Surgery

Dr. Lee's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Lee's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Lee "Dr. Lee graduated as the Valedictorian from Rice University in Texas with degrees in Biochemistry and Biology. Subsequently, he attended The University of Texas Southwestern Medical School where he achieved the highest ranking in clinical medicine and focused his interest in ophthalmology while attempting to develop models for acanthamoeba corneal infections. He pursued his career with internship and residency at Massachusetts General Hospital and Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary of Harvard Medical School. He continued his studies of corneal infections and published several papers on viral keratitis during his residency. He completed additional training with a fellowship in cornea, external disease, and refractive surgery at Wills Eye Hospital. Dr. Lee joined Ophthalmic Partners in 1996 and specializes in medical and surgical treatment of anterior segment disorders. He performs over 1000 major intraocular surgeries each year and specializes in cataract and corneal surgeries. His specialties include cataract surgeries with correction of astigmatism or presbyopia that reduces or eliminates the need for glasses after cataract surgery, as well as custom Lasik and corneal transplants. He has offices in Philadelphia and New Jersey and maintains teaching positions at Wills Eye Hospital and Jefferson Medical College."

This content was provided by Dr. Lee "As the son of two teachers, I see my physician role as a student, teacher, and surgeon for my patients.  I try to learn about what is important medically and personally for each of my patients, and I believe that providing information and education are just as important as treatment.  I recommend appropriate examinations and diagnostic tests that may detect or prevent common ocular conditions as well as provide medical and surgical treatment.  When treatment is required, I prefer to discuss the numerous medical and surgical options with my patients and recommend the best option for each patient.  Most importantly, I dedicate myself to continuing medical education to supplement over 20 years of experience so I may deliver the best medical and surgical care for my patients"

• Cataract Surgery

• Nearsightedness
  • Senile Cataracts
  • Vitreous Hemorrhage
  • Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Rice University
  • Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Wills Eye Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Lee has no media or publications listed.

• Korean

Dr. Lee does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lee and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lee's Reviews

4.0
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lee to family and friends

Dr. Lee's Performance

I waited nearly 3 hours in the wait area to see this doctor. They did numerous tests on me before I was seen by the doctor. I had a $400 bill which was not covered even though my insurance supposedly covered the visit with this doctor. They were not helpfulwith this, after I went to great lengths...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Lee is a treasure! I had cataracts removed from both eyes, and Toric lenses inserted. I now have perfect vision--I never knew vision could be so crisp! The procedure was easy and painless. I only wish I had done it sooner!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Front office staff is rude, unprofessional and poorly trained. One of the receptionists shouted my personal medical information across the room. The other acted as if I was bothering her when I asked for assistance with the kiosk.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option2