Dr. Stephen Langley, MD

Dr. Stephen Langley, MD

Congenital Cardiac Surgery  |
Dr. Stephen Langley, MD is a congenital cardiac surgery doctor who practices in Tampa, FL. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 28 years.

3003 W Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd

Tampa, FL 33607

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Langley

Dr. Langley's Experience

Dr. Langley's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Congenital Cardiac Surgery

• Congenital Cardiac Surgery

Dr. Langley does not have any board certifications listed.

• Congenital Heart Defects
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)

• Congenital Heart Surgery

• Birmingham Chldns Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Great Ormond Street Chldrns Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Langley has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Langley has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Langley does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Langley and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Langley's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Langley to family and friends
Dr. Langley's Performance
in Crystal Beach, FL |
Our son was born with transposition of the Great Arteries and Dr. Langley fixed him when he was just 4 days old. We found out about our son's condition when I was pregnant, so we were able to work with Dr.Langley before, during and after surgery. Every step of the way he and his team were attentive and thorough. We are eternally grateful for this doctor and team that saved our son's life.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Langley recently performed my valve replacement surgery, a procedure which I had been delaying for years due to my inability to find a competent, caring local surgeon. As Dr. Langley is a recent newcomer to the Tampa area, I was referred to him and immediately felt comfortable placing my heart in his hands (yes, literally). Dr. Langley and his care team are top-notch health care providers; all of whom I recommend without hesitation.
Minneapolis, MN |
Dr. Langley is truly amazing. He always gave us ample time to ensure that all of our questions were answered. His genuine care and compassion remained very evident each time we spoke with him. Dr. Langley is an incredibly skilled surgeon. He performed a very complicated surgery on our daughter, including a cone reconstruction to repair her tricuspid valve. Thanks to Dr. Langley’s skill and precision, our daughter now has a fully functioning heart for the first time in her life!
in Tallahassee, FL |
We were more than happy with Dr. Langley. Successful open heart surgery on our 3 year old son. Dr. Langley thoroughly explained everything to us and gave us as much time as we needed to talk with him. He stopped in daily (including weekends) to follow our son’s progress. If you want a great pediatric heart surgeon that actually cares, this is your man. He also does a fairly decent British accent.
in Ft Myers, FL |
First let me give you a little background on myself: I am a double major in chemistry and medical ethics as well as a certified EMT. When I found out that my son would be born with a congenital heart defect (Tetralogy of Fallot), I went on a search for the best care available. All pediatric cardiac centers will put on a convincing pitch for your little one, but they are NOT all created equal. Dr. Langley has the best survival numbers period.
in Portland OR |
Dr. Langley repaired our sons tetralogy of Fallot at 5 months old. What a skilled and kind surgeon he is!!! We are so blessed by his service to our family 4 years ago. Now our son is healthy and enjoying life to the fullest! ??
in Largo, FL |
Dr. Langley is an incredible physician. He was the surgeon for my mechanical aortic valve replacement surgery. They couldn't have picked a better man for the job. He thoroughly researched a previous open-heart operation I had before the surgery, that did not go quite as planned, which allowed him to be maximally prepared. I had a very speedy recovery, home just three days after open-heart surgery! Dr. Langley also did an amazing job on my scar which looks miles better than my previous scar.
in Bowling Green, IN |
Dr. Langley operated on my grandson for his congenital heart disease. His talent, kindness, and compassion in unsurpassed. I couldn't have asked for better care for my precious grandson.
in Tampa, FL |
My experience with Dr. Langley was absolutely wonderful. Dr. Langley performed my surgery to correct Scimitar Syndrome via thoracotomy. He was very honest and helpful about describing each step of the procedure, as well as how much pain I would be in during recovery. Dr. Langley took the time to answer all of the many questions my dad came up with each time we saw him. My family and I are very pleased with the outcome and thankful for Dr. Langley, as I felt no pain and now have a beautiful scar.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Langley repaired our 18 year old daughter's Scimitar Syndrome via a thoracotomy in June 2016. He is a brilliant surgeon and a kind, compassionate, and patient individual. From initial consultation to hospital discharge (and the many interactions in-between) he answered all of our questions and addressed our concerns/fears. We felt at ease asking the many questions needed to understand the entire process, while never feeling rushed. She has recovered well and the incision looks beautiful!
in Portland, OR |
Dr. Langley performed open heart surgery on my daughter. My daughter was adopted internationally and, as such, received a later-than-usual repair. Dr. Langley was very thorough in explaining our daughter's medical condition and what was involved in correcting the issue. He did an outstanding job correcting her congenital heart defect, and my daughter is thriving today thanks to Dr. Langley and his team.
Land O Lakes, FL |
Dr. Langley is wonderful. We are so, so thankful to have put our daughter in his very capable hands for her open heart surgery. Not only did he take his time with us to make sure all of our questions and concerns were addressed prior to her surgery, but he followed up with us every single day (she had her surgery on Tuesday and was able to be discharged on Friday!) that she spent in the ICU. Our daughter is now resting comfortably at home, only 9 days post-op, and she is doing very well.
Largo, FL |
Dr Langley is an outstanding surgeon who saved my young grandsons life several times. His dedication to his patients well being, and his commitment to ensuring that family members have all the information they need is unmatched. Thank you.
in Largo, FL |
I can not say enough kind things about Dr. Langley. He really is an amazing surgeon. He takes the time to speak at length with families about their child's care. We would highly recommend him and his staff.
in Pacific Palisades, CA |
I simply can not say enough good about Dr. Langley. I have absolute confidence in Dr. Langley's abilities. It is very evident that Dr. Langley cares for the children in his care. I have 4 children adopted from China and Dr. Langley has performed surgery on 2 of them. Dr. Langley's as a lot of experience with adopted children that were born with CHD that has gone untreated. Dr. Langley is warm and very humble. I highly recommend Dr. Langley.
in Doylestown, OH |
He is extremely knowledgable, humble, relatable, and genuinely cares about both the families and patients he works with. He knows TOF kids from China in a unique way - if you are adopting a child with a significant cardiac issue or reviewing a file for one, he is the person you should talk to.
in Doylestown, OH |
We adopted our daughter from China at 3 years old. She has no surgical treatment. Dr. Langley is the most knowledgeable, skillful and compassionate surgeon I have ever meet! He did surgry on our daughter and made some decisions in the OR that only a doctor who understood kids with late cardiac repairs would know to do. Our daughter will need more surgical intervention in the future, and even though we live over 1000 miles from St. Joe's we will travel to have Dr. Langley do her surgeries.
in Tampa, FL |
Very grateful and was fortunate to have him perform heart surgery on my 2 week old son.he was very compassionate,knowledgeable, attentive, caring,very approachable and patient. Now my son can grow up to be a healthy boy. Thank you Dr Langley!!
in Salem, OR |
With four children adopted from China with congenital heart disease, I've spent my fair share of time in hospitals and interacting with medical professionals. Dr. Langley's professionalism, approachability, and dedication to the children in his care is incomparable. He earned my respect by going above and beyond to reach out to other surgeons for input on my son's highly complex collection of cardiac defects, and Dr. Langley's knowlege of the latest surgical techniques resulted in my son receivi
Cape Coral, Fl. |
Dr. Langley performed an open heart procedure on our son, who is a single ventricle congenital cardiac patient, to put in a pacemaker. Our son had all of his previous surgeries at different hospital so we were a little nervous about going to St. Joseph's. When our son's cardiologist introduced us to Dr. Langley we knew right away that we didn't need to worry. He is very kind, compassionate, and knowledgeable in his field and explains things so you understand. Definitely recommend him & his staff
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Langley performed heart surgery on both of my twin girls (one closed heart / thoracotomy at 1 week old (Feb 2016) and the other open heart surgery at 18 weeks old (June 2016)). I met Dr. Langley when I was ~30 weeks pregnant and have been under his care since. Dr. Langley, his PA (Katie) and his entire team are compassionate, thorough, professional and extremely knowledgeable. Dr. Langley is always direct and honest, which I appreciate. I felt confident and comfortable under his care.
in St Petersburg Fl |
I'm a 64 year old tetralogy of fallot patient who had Dr Langley replace my pulmonary valve and repair tricuspid valve and patch septal hole on June 3,2016. Dr Langley saved my life because he had the expertise and additional training and experience to perform such specialized procedures. My first operation was when I was 14 and I started failing severely. You must go to a speciality trained pediatric surgeon even as an adult if you expect to live through your heart problem.I'm leaving tomorrow
in Seminole, FL |
Words cannot describe how grateful we are to have met Dr. Langley and had him operate on our child. Dr. Langley always made sure to educate us on a level we could understand, he also sat with us before surgery and after surgery (several times). I also expected many times to have meetings with nurses or other such individuals and it would turn out to be Dr. Langley. He always made sure the process was as stress free as the situation could be despite how stressed we actually were.
in Tallahassee, FL |
Dr. Langley is hands-down the kindest, most caring physician I've ever met. Not only is he a brilliant surgeon, he is so generous of his time to parents answering questions and truly cares about the well being of the children he takes care of. He did a difficult repair on my 3 year old son who had no prior medical care. Taking care of children is truly his vocation.
in Tampa, FL |
Absolutely the best team! I wouldn't hesitate to go back or refer them to anyone. Dr. Langley was constantly checking on my progress and communicating with my family with updates. He made us feel as ease when we sat down with him before surgery.
in Oldsmar, FL |
We were told our newborn would need open heart surgery at just 5 days old. Dr Langley was there for us every step of the way. He explained the procedure in detail to us and even printed out an article that he wrote about the procedure. We always felt we were on great hands. Dr. Langley saved our sons life. We will never forget that. He is so caring and compassionate and is so passionate about what he does. We only saw Dr Langley in the hospital not as outpatient.
Plant City, FL |
Took his time. Did not rush us
in Cape Coral, Fl |
When it was time for my daughter to have her second open heart surgery, I was nervous. Her first surgery happened in Atlanta. I was scared something would happen since it was a whole different system and surgeon. To my surprise, Dr. Langley knew my daughters first surgeon and understood everything that the first surgeon did. He explained everything so clearly. He also came to visit my daughter every day..even the weekend! He is very trustworthy! We love Dr. Langley!!!
in Lutz, fl |
Dr.Langley and his staff are wonderful! My 4 year old son suddenly had to have unexpected heart surgery, so as you can imagine my husband and I were very nervous and scared. Dr. Langley took his time with us explaining everything and answering every question we had. We never felt rushed while meeting with him. He was personable with our son, and showed empathy for our concerns. His staff was made sure to show concern with us as well. They did a great job on correcting my sons heart condition!
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Langley, MD?
Are you Dr. Langley?