Dr. Stephen M. Langley, MD

Dr. Stephen M. Langley, MD

Congenital Cardiac Surgery | Male

St. Joseph's Children's Hospital 3003 W Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Tampa, FL 33607 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Langley specializes in Congenital Cardiac Surgery and practices in Tampa, FL. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Langley? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Langley's Experience

80Experience
Match

See how Dr. Langley's experience matches your preferences.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Langley

Dr. Langley accepts 19 insurance carriers

19 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Langley has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Langley

Dr. Langley's Review Details
    4.4 based on 32 responses
    Experience with Dr. Langley
    Dr. Langley's Office & Staff
      10 – 15 minutes (21)
    in Doylestown, OH |
    He is extremely knowledgable, humble, relatable, and genuinely cares about both the families and patients he works with. He knows TOF kids from China in a unique way - if you are adopting a child with a significant cardiac issue or reviewing a file for one, he is the person you should talk to.
    in Doylestown, OH |
    We adopted our daughter from China at 3 years old. She has no surgical treatment. Dr. Langley is the most knowledgeable, skillful and compassionate surgeon I have ever meet! He did surgry on our daughter and made some decisions in the OR that only a doctor who understood kids with late cardiac repairs would know to do. Our daughter will need more surgical intervention in the future, and even though we live over 1000 miles from St. Joe's we will travel to have Dr. Langley do her surgeries.
    in Tampa, FL |
    Very grateful and was fortunate to have him perform heart surgery on my 2 week old son.he was very compassionate,knowledgeable, attentive, caring,very approachable and patient. Now my son can grow up to be a healthy boy. Thank you Dr Langley!!
    in Salem, OR |
    With four children adopted from China with congenital heart disease, I've spent my fair share of time in hospitals and interacting with medical professionals. Dr. Langley's professionalism, approachability, and dedication to the children in his care is incomparable. He earned my respect by going above and beyond to reach out to other surgeons for input on my son's highly complex collection of cardiac defects, and Dr. Langley's knowlege of the latest surgical techniques resulted in my son receivi
    Cape Coral, Fl. |
    Dr. Langley performed an open heart procedure on our son, who is a single ventricle congenital cardiac patient, to put in a pacemaker. Our son had all of his previous surgeries at different hospital so we were a little nervous about going to St. Joseph's. When our son's cardiologist introduced us to Dr. Langley we knew right away that we didn't need to worry. He is very kind, compassionate, and knowledgeable in his field and explains things so you understand. Definitely recommend him & his staff
    in Tampa, FL |
    Dr. Langley performed heart surgery on both of my twin girls (one closed heart / thoracotomy at 1 week old (Feb 2016) and the other open heart surgery at 18 weeks old (June 2016)). I met Dr. Langley when I was ~30 weeks pregnant and have been under his care since. Dr. Langley, his PA (Katie) and his entire team are compassionate, thorough, professional and extremely knowledgeable. Dr. Langley is always direct and honest, which I appreciate. I felt confident and comfortable under his care.
    in St Petersburg Fl |
    I'm a 64 year old tetralogy of fallot patient who had Dr Langley replace my pulmonary valve and repair tricuspid valve and patch septal hole on June 3,2016. Dr Langley saved my life because he had the expertise and additional training and experience to perform such specialized procedures. My first operation was when I was 14 and I started failing severely. You must go to a speciality trained pediatric surgeon even as an adult if you expect to live through your heart problem.I'm leaving tomorrow
    in Seminole, FL |
    Words cannot describe how grateful we are to have met Dr. Langley and had him operate on our child. Dr. Langley always made sure to educate us on a level we could understand, he also sat with us before surgery and after surgery (several times). I also expected many times to have meetings with nurses or other such individuals and it would turn out to be Dr. Langley. He always made sure the process was as stress free as the situation could be despite how stressed we actually were.
    in Tallahassee, FL |
    Dr. Langley is hands-down the kindest, most caring physician I've ever met. Not only is he a brilliant surgeon, he is so generous of his time to parents answering questions and truly cares about the well being of the children he takes care of. He did a difficult repair on my 3 year old son who had no prior medical care. Taking care of children is truly his vocation.
    in Tampa, FL |
    Absolutely the best team! I wouldn't hesitate to go back or refer them to anyone. Dr. Langley was constantly checking on my progress and communicating with my family with updates. He made us feel as ease when we sat down with him before surgery.
    in Oldsmar, FL |
    We were told our newborn would need open heart surgery at just 5 days old. Dr Langley was there for us every step of the way. He explained the procedure in detail to us and even printed out an article that he wrote about the procedure. We always felt we were on great hands. Dr. Langley saved our sons life. We will never forget that. He is so caring and compassionate and is so passionate about what he does. We only saw Dr Langley in the hospital not as outpatient.
    Plant City, FL |
    Took his time. Did not rush us
    in Cape Coral, Fl |
    When it was time for my daughter to have her second open heart surgery, I was nervous. Her first surgery happened in Atlanta. I was scared something would happen since it was a whole different system and surgeon. To my surprise, Dr. Langley knew my daughters first surgeon and understood everything that the first surgeon did. He explained everything so clearly. He also came to visit my daughter every day..even the weekend! He is very trustworthy! We love Dr. Langley!!!
    in Lutz, fl |
    Dr.Langley and his staff are wonderful! My 4 year old son suddenly had to have unexpected heart surgery, so as you can imagine my husband and I were very nervous and scared. Dr. Langley took his time with us explaining everything and answering every question we had. We never felt rushed while meeting with him. He was personable with our son, and showed empathy for our concerns. His staff was made sure to show concern with us as well. They did a great job on correcting my sons heart condition!
    Have you seen Dr. Langley?
    Are you Dr. Langley? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Langley

• Congenital Cardiac Surgery

• Congenital Heart Defects
    • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)

• Congenital Heart Surgery

Birmingham Chldns Hosp

Completed in 2002

Great Ormond Street Chldrns Hosp

Completed in 2001

Dr. Langley has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Langley has no media or publications listed.

×

Dr. Langley's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Congenital Cardiac Surgery
    • No board certification on record with Healthgrades
    ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Langley

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Langley's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
    Staff friendliness and courteousness
    Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
    10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Langley

Level of trust in provider's decisions
    How well provider explains medical condition(s)
    How well provider listens and answers questions
    Spends appropriate amount of time with patients