Dr. Stephen Krates, DO

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Stephen Krates, DO
Dr. Stephen Krates, DO is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Oak Lawn, IL. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Dr. Krates is affiliated with Palos Community Hospital.

Dr. Krates' Experience

See how Dr. Krates' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Krates

Dr. Krates accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Krates is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Krates has admitting privileges.

Dr. Krates' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Krates to family and friends
Dr. Krates' Performance
in Griffith Indiana |
The end result was remarkable, resolution is amazing. Great experience, even though I was not the best patient in the OR.
in Orland Park, IL |
There are not enough positive words to describe my experience with Dr. Krates. "Above and Beyond" seems to be his motto! From my first appointment through my surgery, Dr. Krates and his staff were wonderful. High praises to a very special and caring doctor.
in Joliet |
Very caring and compassionate doctor and staff. Would absolutely recommend him to anyone.
in Palos Park, IL |
Everything went well. The staff at the doctor's office and at Palos Surgicenter were informative, courteous and very professional. I am completely satisfied with the results of my cataract surgery.
in chicago il |
Dr Krates and his staff are the most wonderful people ever. Wish I have done this years ago. Thank you guys for an awesome experience.
in MOKENA , IL |
OMGRACE, THIS GUY IS THE BOMB. BEDSIDE MANNER A PLUS. SURGEON SKILLS A PLUS ALL AROUND GENTLE & KIND PERSON. OLD FASHIONED IN HIS POLITE MANNER AND RESPECTFUL TREATMENT OF THE PATIENT. STAFF IS SUPER DOPER TOO!!
in Orland Park, Ill. |
We think Dr. Krates is the best!! My husband had cataract surgery and everything was explained to us step by step. He and his staff are outstanding!! The day of the surgery they couldn't do enough for us. Dr. Krates spent time explaining everything afterwards!! The outcome was great!! We can't Thank him enough for the beautiful plant.
Orland Park, IL |
I found Dr Krates and Dr. Porter treated me as an individual and addressed my questions and concerns in a manner that was easily understandable. He and his staff also have a sense of humor that made the experience less tense.
in Palos Park, IL |
Dr. Krates and his staff, including Dr. Porter, are among the most efficient and caring group of medical providers that I have worked with. They are all very patient, answering all of my questions, and listening to all of my concerns. I had cataract surgery on both eyes and felt very comfortable prior to the surgeries knowing that the staff put me at ease by relating to me the step-by-step procedure. The nursing staff at the Surgi- Center was spectacular and took very good care of me.
in New Lenox, IL |
Very great experience. Complete success with very little hassle. I would recommend Dr. Krates with no reservations. The floral gift was a very nice touch. John Thomas
in Steger |
Very professional staff and setting. Felt very comfortable.
in Chicago Ridge, IL |
one of the best doctors ive ever had wonderful bedsidemanner that explains everything to you and answers all my questions
in New Lenox, IL |
Dr Krates and Dr Porter were wonderful. Very professional and always answered any Questions I asked. Would highly recommend them
in Oak Lawn, IL |
would absolutely recommend Dr. Krates, He and his whole team are the best to deal with.
in Orland Park, IL |
Dr. Krates and his staff were all great people. They were very professional and fun to be around.
Homer Glen, IL |
Ecellent surgeon! Very conscientious doctor. Highly recommend for cataract surgery
Great staff and doctors.
in Orland Park, IL |
Very professional, 5 stars on the surgeries and follow ups. Very knowledgeable and makes you feel at ease.
Tinley Park, IL |
I had cataracts removed from both eyes. The doctor and his staff made me comfortable, explained what would be happening. The procedures went extremely well. Thank you.
Orland Park, IL |
I would recommend him to anyone seeking eye care. Very competent and very professional.
in Chicago, IL |
Most highly recommend Dr. Krates and his staff for your eye care needs and concerns!
in Chicago, IL |
I recently had cataract surgery in both eyes. Dr. Krates did an excellent job of explaining the procedure and answering my questions. The difference in my vision is remarkable. I could not have asked for a better experience.
in Frankfort, IL |
I recently had cataract surgery with Dr. Krates and I couldn't be happier. I had forgotten what it was like to have clear vision. Now EVERYTHING is in High Definition. Working with Dr. Krates and his staff has been a total pleasure. If you need cataract surgery this is your guy.
in Chicago, IL |
I had to have cataract surgery and Dr. Stephen G. Krates was recommended by my eye doctor, Dr. Casey Hogan. Dr. Krates put me at ease immediately. He explained the procedure and answered any and all questions to my satisfaction. Surgery for both eyes is complete and I can't tell you how thrilled I am with the results. I am seeing again like I've never experienced before. Everything is so crystal clear and the colors are so vivid. I would highly recommend Dr. Krates!
Chicago, IL |
Very good at putting you at easy if you are at all nerverous about any eye procedure.
in Orland Park, IL |
Excellent expierence, will be doing other eye soon.
in Frankfort, IL |
I, would be happy, to tell you about my experience with Dr. Krates! On meeting the doctor, he is extremely pleasant, and makes you feel you are in knowledgeable and caring hand's! Dr. Krates operated on me for cataract's in both eyes. His surgery, and surgery team are extremely efficient and accomplished in caring for the patient. My surgery was done at CMIS in Mokena. Dr.'s office staff is VERY kind, considerate, and informative! My experience was OUTSTANDING, and reassuring!!! Joan Watt
in Palos Park, IL |
Dr. Krates performed cataract surgery on both my eyes and I can only say "I am overwhelmed with my new vison", the clarity and depth of colors is amazing. I do not recall how long it's been since my vision was this good .... it's funny how you can get accustomed to poor vision!! His staff is great, professional, friendly, and always accommodating. My only regret is I waited too long to have this procedure done. Oh, did I mention it is completely painless, without any discomfort at all, Thank-You
in Mokena, IL |
Dr. Krates was very friendly and very informative. Explains the procedure and made me feel less anxious about the whole procedure. Answered all my questions and my daughter's also. His staff explained every step of what they were doing and why.
in justice IL |
excellent doctor.very personable.explains everything hes doing. takes time to answer questions and put you at ease.
in Alsip, IL |
I had cataract and Toric lens surgery with Dr. Krates. He and his staff are amazing. They are always very professional in the way that they interact with patients. They use the very latest in technology. They plan for all pre-op and post-op needs, including appointments with your primary care eye doctor. They also give you a bag containing all the items, including medicines, you need to have for pre- and post- operation. You do not have to pick up a phone or visit your pharmacy once.
in Tinley Park, IL |
Dr Krates is a caring professional. He takes his time to explain all your options never jumping into anything without a good explanation. Weighting the good with the bad. Nothing but praise for this Dr.
in Tinley Park, IL |
Everything about it was great! Dr. Krates took good care of my Grandmother and now does the same for me. I have clients that go to Dr. Krates that say the same and I recommend friends, family and clients to go see him.
in Tinley Park, IL |
I have been going to Dr. Krates for many years and feel very fortunate to have him as my ophthalmologist. He has done procedures on both my eyes with excellent results. Dr. Krates is very professional and has a great personality easing any anxiety or concerns....very easy to talk to. Many many thanks Dr. Krates for being my doctor.
in Oak Lawn, IL |
Dr. Krates and his staff did an excellent job taking care of me during my two surgeries. At my first visit he explained everything about the surgery. I wore glasses for most of my life and know I can see 20/20. He is an excellent doctor I have already recommended him to several of my friends.
in Tinley Park, IL |
Dr. Krates saw me the day after I was informed that I needed cataract surgery. He and his staff were very kind and professional. The results of my surgeries were amazing with no complications. He also stressed during all visits to call at any time day or night, weekends or holidays, if I encountered any issues reassuring me that I would get a quick response.
in Justice, IL |
Very caring and wonderful Dr. My vision has never been better.
in Crestwood IL |
He and his staff are wonderful. I have had two surgeries with no problem's whatsoever.
in Tinley Park, IL |
Orland Park office is so rude. You leave unaware of the charges that were incurred. When you call to inquire because you have not received a bill you are then told that your "account" has gone to collections. They are unable to answer if your insurance has paid or has even been billed. NOT WORTH THE HASSLE.
in Hickory Hills, IL |
Dr. Stephen G. Krates is very professional. I would recommend him to everyone. He is number 1 in my books.
in Palos Hills, IL |
Dr. Krates was very professional, took his time explaining the procedure and made me feel comfortable. I was a bit nervous when I was first looking into having this procedure done, but Dr. Krates quickly put my mind at ease and I would highly recommend him.
in Orland Park, |
Dr. Krates was very Profeslonal.
in Tinley Park, IL |
Dr. Krates is extremely attentive, responsive, and competent. His office runs very efficiently and is staffed by very friendly and cooperative people.
in Orland Park, Il |
The office staff is extremely helpful, and Dr. Krates is the best in his field!
in Burbank, IL |
Exceptional. Would refer anyone who needs cataract surgery to his office. The professionalism and congenial manner of him and his entire staff puts the individual at ease; and the flowers sent after surgery are certainly a pleasant surprise and well appreciated.
in Worth, IL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Krates to my friends and family. He was very professional and kind.
in Oak Forest, IL |
I had cataract surgery in both eyes, am very satisfied with the excellent results, and I highly recommend Dr. Krates for his outstanding knowledge and skill. One eye had a misshapen cornea and presented a challenge, but the final result is vision as sharp and clear as the other eye because of Dr. Krates' knowledge, skill, and the extra time he spent making sure it was done correctly. He is compassionate, kind, and answered all questions thoroughly. His staff is well-trained and professional.
in Oak Lawn, IL |
Dr Krates is very personable,explained everything very clearly.
in Palos Hts., Il |
I would recommend Dr. Krates to any of my friends who are in need of cataract surgery. He was through, answered any questions, spent time with me and never seemed in a hurry. In a word, he was wonderful, caring and kind. He stopped by to see me before my first surgery and we were able to chat a little, putting me at ease. I felt that the assistants who saw me before seeing Dr. Krates were not overly friendly or helpful, but the front desk assistants were quite helpful. Thank you Dr. Krates
in Willow Springs, IL |
Dr. Krates did my surgery and did an excellent job. His staff, just everyone made it a not scary process. My results are wonderful! I can't recommend them enough. My husband will going to him also.
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Krates, DO?
Are you Dr. Krates?

Compare Dr. Krates

Dr. Krates' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Krates has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Krates' Board Certifications

Graduated in 1977

• Other Education
    Stanford University Basic Life Sciences Eye Course

Completed in 1984

Dr. Krates does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Krates and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology