Dr. Stephen Krates, DO

Dr. Stephen Krates, DO

Ophthalmology | Male | 61 years old

80 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Dr. Krates specializes in Ophthalmology and practices in Oak Lawn, IL. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Krates? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Krates' Experience

See how Dr. Krates' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Krates

Dr. Krates accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Krates has admitting privileges.

Dr. Krates' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Krates to family and friends
Dr. Krates' Performance
in New Lenox, IL |
Dr Krates and Dr Porter were wonderful. Very professional and always answered any Questions I asked. Would highly recommend them
in Oak Lawn, IL |
would absolutely recommend Dr. Krates, He and his whole team are the best to deal with.
in Orland Park, IL |
Dr. Krates and his staff were all great people. They were very professional and fun to be around.
Homer Glen, IL |
Ecellent surgeon! Very conscientious doctor. Highly recommend for cataract surgery
Great staff and doctors.
in Orland Park, IL |
Very professional, 5 stars on the surgeries and follow ups. Very knowledgeable and makes you feel at ease.
Tinley Park, IL |
I had cataracts removed from both eyes. The doctor and his staff made me comfortable, explained what would be happening. The procedures went extremely well. Thank you.
Orland Park, IL |
I would recommend him to anyone seeking eye care. Very competent and very professional.
in Chicago, IL |
Most highly recommend Dr. Krates and his staff for your eye care needs and concerns!
in Chicago, IL |
I recently had cataract surgery in both eyes. Dr. Krates did an excellent job of explaining the procedure and answering my questions. The difference in my vision is remarkable. I could not have asked for a better experience.
in Frankfort, IL |
I recently had cataract surgery with Dr. Krates and I couldn't be happier. I had forgotten what it was like to have clear vision. Now EVERYTHING is in High Definition. Working with Dr. Krates and his staff has been a total pleasure. If you need cataract surgery this is your guy.
in Chicago, IL |
I had to have cataract surgery and Dr. Stephen G. Krates was recommended by my eye doctor, Dr. Casey Hogan. Dr. Krates put me at ease immediately. He explained the procedure and answered any and all questions to my satisfaction. Surgery for both eyes is complete and I can't tell you how thrilled I am with the results. I am seeing again like I've never experienced before. Everything is so crystal clear and the colors are so vivid. I would highly recommend Dr. Krates!
Chicago, IL |
Very good at putting you at easy if you are at all nerverous about any eye procedure.
in Orland Park, IL |
Excellent expierence, will be doing other eye soon.
in Frankfort, IL |
I, would be happy, to tell you about my experience with Dr. Krates! On meeting the doctor, he is extremely pleasant, and makes you feel you are in knowledgeable and caring hand's! Dr. Krates operated on me for cataract's in both eyes. His surgery, and surgery team are extremely efficient and accomplished in caring for the patient. My surgery was done at CMIS in Mokena. Dr.'s office staff is VERY kind, considerate, and informative! My experience was OUTSTANDING, and reassuring!!! Joan Watt
in Palos Park, IL |
Dr. Krates performed cataract surgery on both my eyes and I can only say "I am overwhelmed with my new vison", the clarity and depth of colors is amazing. I do not recall how long it's been since my vision was this good .... it's funny how you can get accustomed to poor vision!! His staff is great, professional, friendly, and always accommodating. My only regret is I waited too long to have this procedure done. Oh, did I mention it is completely painless, without any discomfort at all, Thank-You
in Mokena, IL |
Dr. Krates was very friendly and very informative. Explains the procedure and made me feel less anxious about the whole procedure. Answered all my questions and my daughter's also. His staff explained every step of what they were doing and why.
in justice IL |
excellent doctor.very personable.explains everything hes doing. takes time to answer questions and put you at ease.
in Alsip, IL |
I had cataract and Toric lens surgery with Dr. Krates. He and his staff are amazing. They are always very professional in the way that they interact with patients. They use the very latest in technology. They plan for all pre-op and post-op needs, including appointments with your primary care eye doctor. They also give you a bag containing all the items, including medicines, you need to have for pre- and post- operation. You do not have to pick up a phone or visit your pharmacy once.
in Tinley Park, IL |
Dr Krates is a caring professional. He takes his time to explain all your options never jumping into anything without a good explanation. Weighting the good with the bad. Nothing but praise for this Dr.
in Tinley Park, IL |
Everything about it was great! Dr. Krates took good care of my Grandmother and now does the same for me. I have clients that go to Dr. Krates that say the same and I recommend friends, family and clients to go see him.
in Tinley Park, IL |
I have been going to Dr. Krates for many years and feel very fortunate to have him as my ophthalmologist. He has done procedures on both my eyes with excellent results. Dr. Krates is very professional and has a great personality easing any anxiety or concerns....very easy to talk to. Many many thanks Dr. Krates for being my doctor.
in Oak Lawn, IL |
Dr. Krates and his staff did an excellent job taking care of me during my two surgeries. At my first visit he explained everything about the surgery. I wore glasses for most of my life and know I can see 20/20. He is an excellent doctor I have already recommended him to several of my friends.
in Tinley Park, IL |
Dr. Krates saw me the day after I was informed that I needed cataract surgery. He and his staff were very kind and professional. The results of my surgeries were amazing with no complications. He also stressed during all visits to call at any time day or night, weekends or holidays, if I encountered any issues reassuring me that I would get a quick response.
in Justice, IL |
Very caring and wonderful Dr. My vision has never been better.
in Crestwood IL |
He and his staff are wonderful. I have had two surgeries with no problem's whatsoever.
in Tinley Park, IL |
Orland Park office is so rude. You leave unaware of the charges that were incurred. When you call to inquire because you have not received a bill you are then told that your "account" has gone to collections. They are unable to answer if your insurance has paid or has even been billed. NOT WORTH THE HASSLE.
in Hickory Hills, IL |
Dr. Stephen G. Krates is very professional. I would recommend him to everyone. He is number 1 in my books.
in Palos Hills, IL |
Dr. Krates was very professional, took his time explaining the procedure and made me feel comfortable. I was a bit nervous when I was first looking into having this procedure done, but Dr. Krates quickly put my mind at ease and I would highly recommend him.
in Orland Park, |
Dr. Krates was very Profeslonal.
in Tinley Park, IL |
Dr. Krates is extremely attentive, responsive, and competent. His office runs very efficiently and is staffed by very friendly and cooperative people.
in Orland Park, Il |
The office staff is extremely helpful, and Dr. Krates is the best in his field!
in Burbank, IL |
Exceptional. Would refer anyone who needs cataract surgery to his office. The professionalism and congenial manner of him and his entire staff puts the individual at ease; and the flowers sent after surgery are certainly a pleasant surprise and well appreciated.
in Worth, IL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Krates to my friends and family. He was very professional and kind.
in Oak Forest, IL |
I had cataract surgery in both eyes, am very satisfied with the excellent results, and I highly recommend Dr. Krates for his outstanding knowledge and skill. One eye had a misshapen cornea and presented a challenge, but the final result is vision as sharp and clear as the other eye because of Dr. Krates' knowledge, skill, and the extra time he spent making sure it was done correctly. He is compassionate, kind, and answered all questions thoroughly. His staff is well-trained and professional.
in Oak Lawn, IL |
Dr Krates is very personable,explained everything very clearly.
in Palos Hts., Il |
I would recommend Dr. Krates to any of my friends who are in need of cataract surgery. He was through, answered any questions, spent time with me and never seemed in a hurry. In a word, he was wonderful, caring and kind. He stopped by to see me before my first surgery and we were able to chat a little, putting me at ease. I felt that the assistants who saw me before seeing Dr. Krates were not overly friendly or helpful, but the front desk assistants were quite helpful. Thank you Dr. Krates
in Willow Springs, IL |
Dr. Krates did my surgery and did an excellent job. His staff, just everyone made it a not scary process. My results are wonderful! I can't recommend them enough. My husband will going to him also.
in Burbank, Il. 60459 |
Dr.Krates took his time with us explaining everything we needed to know. My husband who was his patient had previously had a stroke and Dr. Krates really made him feel comfortable even though my husband had a speech problem. I owe Dr. Hogan a big thank you for recomending Dr. Krates to us.
in Oak Forest, IL |
Vision after cataract surgery was fuzzy, out of focus, he diagnosed crumpled up eye sac tissue behind each new lens, used laser to push tissue away and open up clear hole from lens to retina.
in Oak Lawn, IL |
He explained the surgical procedure so I would understand what he was going to do. I was not nervous at all. His entire staff was very friendly and professional and made me feel comfortable.
in Oak Lawn, IL |
I am extremely satisfied with the cataract surgery performed by Dr. Krates on both of my eyes. He is a very professional, caring surgeon.
in Matteson, IL |
I'm totally comfortable with his decisions and what he has done.
in Palos Heights, IL |
Dr. Krates is very knowledgeable and his concern for his patients is demonstrated by the care given to them. the office staff is friendly and efficient. I am very thankful to be cared for by Dr. Krates.
in Tinley Park, IL |
He is a very considerate and compassionate doctor who made a very nervous patient (me!) comfortable with my impending surgeries. He was very attentive listening to my concerns and responsive to all my questions.
in Chicago, IL |
The doctors and staff are very professional. They all are concerned for your health. Procedures are explained, all questions are answered.
in Hometown, Il |
Dr. Krates was great explaining everything. The procedure was quick and painless. I have excellent vision in the eye now and have made an appointment for my other eye in a few weeks.
in Oak Lawn, IL |
excellent doctor!! great bed side manor
in Orland Park, IL |
I have the highest regard for Dr. Krates. He was very kind and respectful. He was vey comforting as I was nervous about cataract surgery. The results have been great! He is very patient and understanding. I would highly recommend him!
in Channahon, IL 60410 |
Very warm caring doctor. Takes time to listen and explain any question you have.
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Krates, DO?
Are you Dr. Krates?

Compare Dr. Krates

Dr. Krates' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Krates has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Krates' Board Certifications

Graduated in 1977

• Other Education
    Stanford University Basic Life Sciences Eye Course

Completed in 1984

Dr. Krates does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Krates and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology