Dr. Stephen G. Krates, DO

Dr. Stephen G. Krates, DO

Ophthalmology | Male

Krates Eye Center 7340 W College Dr Fl 2, Palos Heights, IL 60463 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Krates specializes in Ophthalmology and practices in Palos Heights, IL. He practices at 3 locations.

Are you Dr. Krates? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Krates' Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Krates' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Krates

Dr. Krates accepts 9 insurance carriers

9 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Krates has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Krates

Dr. Krates' Review Details
4.9 based on 34 responses
Experience with Dr. Krates
Dr. Krates' Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (34)
in Burbank, Il. 60459 |
Dr.Krates took his time with us explaining everything we needed to know. My husband who was his patient had previously had a stroke and Dr. Krates really made him feel comfortable even though my husband had a speech problem. I owe Dr. Hogan a big thank you for recomending Dr. Krates to us.
in Oak Forest, IL |
Vision after cataract surgery was fuzzy, out of focus, he diagnosed crumpled up eye sac tissue behind each new lens, used laser to push tissue away and open up clear hole from lens to retina.
in Oak Lawn, IL |
He explained the surgical procedure so I would understand what he was going to do. I was not nervous at all. His entire staff was very friendly and professional and made me feel comfortable.
in Oak Lawn, IL |
I am extremely satisfied with the cataract surgery performed by Dr. Krates on both of my eyes. He is a very professional, caring surgeon.
in Matteson, IL |
I'm totally comfortable with his decisions and what he has done.
in Palos Heights, IL |
Dr. Krates is very knowledgeable and his concern for his patients is demonstrated by the care given to them. the office staff is friendly and efficient. I am very thankful to be cared for by Dr. Krates.
in Tinley Park, IL |
He is a very considerate and compassionate doctor who made a very nervous patient (me!) comfortable with my impending surgeries. He was very attentive listening to my concerns and responsive to all my questions.
in Chicago, IL |
The doctors and staff are very professional. They all are concerned for your health. Procedures are explained, all questions are answered.
in Hometown, Il |
Dr. Krates was great explaining everything. The procedure was quick and painless. I have excellent vision in the eye now and have made an appointment for my other eye in a few weeks.
in Oak Lawn, IL |
excellent doctor!! great bed side manor
in Orland Park, IL |
I have the highest regard for Dr. Krates. He was very kind and respectful. He was vey comforting as I was nervous about cataract surgery. The results have been great! He is very patient and understanding. I would highly recommend him!
in Channahon, IL 60410 |
Very warm caring doctor. Takes time to listen and explain any question you have.
in Palos Hills, IL |
I just started my eye care with Dr. Krates this past April, originally for a cataract consult. He came highly recommended by my family doctor. I found him to be exceptional - not only in his field, but in his kindness and compassion and how he takes time to make each patient comfortable. He explained everything clearly so I knew what to expect with my surgery - no surprises! Everything turned out exactly the way he said it would. I have already recommended him to several of my friends.
Comforting
in Oak Lawn, IL |
I would highly recommend Dr Krates for any eye needs you may have.I recently underwent cataract surgery.I was very apprehensive about the procedure because I had RK on both eyes done years ago.I found out that this would present a challenge because it makes the removal of cataracts more difficult for the doctor.Because of Dr Krates excellent surgical skills and knowledge it was a successful operation and exceeded my expectations.He and his staff were wonderful.Very kind and patient.
in Justice, IL |
Very thorough exams, takes the time to ask you questions and answer any the patient may have. Dr. Krates and his staff are very polite and make the patient feel comfortable at each visit.
in Orland Park |
Strongly recommend Dr Krates and office to others. Treated respectfully and with courtesy at several offices. Office is very respectful of your time and adheres to appointment schedules. Options fully explained and all questions were answered. Cataract surgery was uneventful and very quick and no discomfort at all. Did not need any type of emergency care but was advised it was readily available if required.
in Oak Lawn, IL |
I had a very good experience with Dr. Krates. He was very knowledgeable about recent innovations and was able to o explain them to me. I did not have to wait more than a couple of minutes for each of my appointments. My procedure, a smashing success, went smoothly and quickly.
in Orland Park, IL |
I was very pleased with the service I received. Everyone was pleasant and i didn't have to wait long for appointment time when I arrived. They were very accommodating. I would highly recommend Krates Eye Centers.
in Palos Park, IL |
Dr. Krates is an excellent doctor--thorough, knowledgeable, explains things well, pleasant, takes his time with patients. Exams, surgery, other treatments done with highest standards.
in Oak Lawn, IL |
Office staff and surgery staff very efficient and friendly. Dr. Krates takes time and care to describe procedures, precautions, things to watch for. Surgery was smooth and painless, with no undesirable after-effects as of 36 hours later.
in Oak Lawn Illinois |
Excellent.DrKrates is a very nice man.Excellent caring service and friendly atmosphere.He was very friendly and reassuring.I felt very comfortable with him from the first moment on.I chose him because of his knowledgeable staff and the excellent reviews he has received from former patients.I highly recommend him without reservation to anyone needing these services.He is one of the best in his field.
in Palos Heights, IL |
The doctor produced excellent results.
Chicago, IL |
He did my cataract surgery on my left eye 3 years ago and in June 2016. on my right eye.
in Chicago, IL |
I was hesitant when hearing I would have to undergo cataract surgery, but that fear went away thanks to Dr. Krates and his staff. Dr. Krates uses an outpatient surgery technique that allowed me to come home the very same day of the surgery, and only requires only one eye drop medication. Procedure aside, Dr. Krates has a wonderful bedside manner and always made me feel comfortable and willing to ask questions. Post surgery I have had no issues or concerns, and I highly recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. Stephen G. Krates, DO?
Are you Dr. Stephen G. Krates, DO? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Krates

• Eyelid Surgery
  • Foreign Body Removal from Eye
  • Glaucoma Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

MIDWESTERN UNIV CHICAGO COLL OF OSTEO MED

Graduated in 1977

• Other Education
    Stanford University Basic Life Sciences Eye Course

Completed in 1984

Dr. Krates has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Krates does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Krates and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Krates' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Ophthalmology
  • Board certified in Ophthalmology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Krates

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Krates' Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Krates

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients