Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD

Sports Medicine ·  Male

Dr. Kirk

Comprehensive Orthopedics & Sports Medicine

9350 S 150 E Ste 460 Sandy, UT 84070

Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD is a sports medicine specialist in Sandy, UT and has been practicing for 7 years. He graduated from R J & Lucille Carver Coll Med Univ Of Ia in 2008 and specializes in sports medicine.

Dr. Kirk accepts

Dr. Kirk accepts the following insurance:

Altius Health Plans
Staywell (Wellcare)
TriWest Champus
Wellcare of Georgia
Medicaid

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Utah

Check if Dr. Kirk treats your condition or procedure

• Elbow Disorders
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Finger Disorders
  • Gait Analysis
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Guided Tissue Regeneration
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Pediatric Sports Injuries
  • Percutaneous Procedures
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Posterior Tibial Tendonitis
  • Strain of Tendon of Medial Thigh Muscle
  • Tendon Disorders
  • Tendon Injuries
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Trochanteric Bursitis
  • Ultrasound, Musculoskeletal
  • Ultrasound-Guided Injection
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Disorders

Everyone is an athlete. As a sports medicine physician, I see athletes of all ages and skill levels. Making the correct diagnosis is key to a successful treatment plan. This requires adequate time to listen to and do a proper exam. I typically spend ...

• Sports Medicine

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kirk

Dr. Kirk?
Dr. Kirk's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD
Dr Kirk is not only extremely skilled and knowledgeable in orthopedics, but is also a kind and caring person. He explained things very clearly and gave us great advice moving forward. Excellent doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
Dr. Kirk was very thorough and knowledgeable in our visit. I’ve been training athletes for 25 years in gymnastics (seen many MD) and couldn’t find the right sports medicine doctor to take my own kids to (as well as refer my clients to) . our former doctor (Dr. Toronto ) had passed away few years back . After brushing threw a handful of other doctors, Not finding what I was looking for, I’m very pleased with Dr. Kirk and will be using him for my own kids and referring my clients .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
Was very helpful and explained the info very well
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
This years misfortune for our HS Senior as he was injured in a football game, turned into a most impressive experience as delivered by Dr. Kirk and his team. Post game at his office for ultrasound of the elbow he ruled out the need for Tommy John surgery, an appointment was made for a Saturday MRI verifying treatment. PRP injection suggested and completed by Dr. Kirk with great success enabling a return to play in <4weeks. Impressive communication and bedside manners, Dr. Kirk!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
This doctor is very good at what he is doing. He has allowed me the ability to speak and talk with him. He respects my time so I turn I respect his!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
I have been to three different doctors about my hallux limitus before speaking with Dr. Kirk. He consulted with me about my history, what I would like to see done and what would most likely be effective with what I have experienced so far. I had received 2 cortisone shots before, but not ultrasound guided ones. He used ultrasound and got it directly in the joint. This is the first pain relief I have felt.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
Dr. Kirk and his team were amazing. They got me in quickly , listening to my concerns and they made me feel comfortable. They’re competent and compassionate. I’ll highly recommend them.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
Dr. Kirk has worked on four of my kids who have all played sports in school. He has always been patient and professional and makes sure we fully understand the problems and treatment path. I strongly recommend Dr. Kirk and would not consider taking my kids to anyone else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
Dr. Kirk is one of THE best sports doctors I have ever been to. Dr Kirk is PATIENT, SMART, BUSINESS LIKE, but still can joke around with you and keep you relaxed. Dr Kirk is a PROFESSIONAL that exceeds all expectations and is a SUPERIOR doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
Our family has been seeing Dr. Kirk for the last 5 years and he and his team are the absolute best! He has treated 4 of our athletic children for a variety of issues such as sprains, torn shoulders, back injuries, knee issues and more. He is always thorough in his exams and explanations so we understand exactly what is going on. I also appreciate how he always maps out options for treatment and discusses them in detail. I can't say enough about how awesome he is. We won't see anyone else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
Great doctor! Answered all of our questions thoroughly and patiently. Very detailed in his explanations. His assistant Doug was awesome too. Highly recommended!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
Dr kirk is wonderful. I refer all my friends and family to him. My spouse, my daughter and myself have been patients and have been very happy with our care. The office staff and nurses are very kind. Dr Kirk gives detailed information and good explanation for his treatment plans. We leave the office feeling knowledgeable about our diagnosis and confident in the treatment for our health problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
We only have 500 characters, which is not enough to describe how great Dr. Kirk is! All of our kids play sports and he keeps them in their game! From broken arms, to ankle sprains, to knee injuries, to physical therapy and beyond, he is very knowledgeable in getting them back into the game as quickly as possible without jeopardizing their ongoing health. He is highly skilled in knowing what needs to be done, and at explaining the injury and healing process in detail so we understand completely.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
Dr Kirk and his entire team are the best! Without Dr. Kirk my son would not be able to play a single football game his senior year. He came to Dr. Kirk with a Stage 3 MCL tear it should have taken at least 12 weeks to heal, Dr. Kirk performed a PRP, and he was back playing on week 5!!! we are so grateful for Dr. Kirk's knowledge and willingness to help everyone succeed!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
I've already started recommending Dr. Kirk to all my friends. Dr. Kirk truly cares about his patients and really listens to them to pick up on the underlying concerns and issues his patients are having. He recommends sound treatment options for the individual before him. Lastly, and importantly, he's an athlete himself and truly understands the pain one has in not being able to be out doing the activities they love.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
I would just like to say that I accidentally made an appointment with Dr Kirk, they were so nice about the mistake totally helped us figure out the mistake. Made a lot of calls and set us in the right direction. Dr Kirk personally came out and spoke to us about everything as if we were his patient. They were all so nice and I would NOT hesitate going to Dr. Kirk in the future. Thank you Dr. Kirk and Staff for being so kind!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
My arm is permanently shortened because he failed to use finger traps before he set the cast. Workers comp sent me to him with a broken wrist. We asked about the finger traps and he replied that he did not have those in his office. I was left with a misshapen wrist and shortened arm. BEWARE. He is simply not qualified. This did not have to happen.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
Dr. Kirk was very patient and understanding with me. He took the time to make sure I was getting all the care I needed and help outside of his office as well. He is genuinely concerned for my health and wants my health to be back to where it should be as soon as possible.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
A great experience for me today. First time at this practice. Thank you! I liked the ultrasound guided injection for my shoulders, for which I have great expectations . A very slight discomfort and it was done. So impressed!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kirk?

Comprehensive Orthopedics and Sports Medicine

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Kirk treats patients.