Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD

Dr. Kirk
Telehealth services available

Coral Desert Orthopaedics

1490 E Foremaster Dr Ste 150 Saint George, UT 84790

Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD is a Sports Medicine Specialist in Saint George, UT. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Alta View Hospital and Dixie Regional Medical Center - River Road. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kirk to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Sports Medicine Specialists in your area

See similar Sports Medicine Specialists in Saint George

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Kirk accepts

Dr. Kirk accepts the following insurance:

Altius Health Plans
Staywell (Wellcare)
TriWest Champus
Wellcare of Georgia
Medicaid

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Utah

Check if Dr. Kirk treats your condition or procedure

• Elbow Disorders
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Finger Disorders
  • Gait Analysis
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Guided Tissue Regeneration
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Pediatric Sports Injuries
  • Percutaneous Procedures
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Posterior Tibial Tendonitis
  • Strain of Tendon of Medial Thigh Muscle
  • Tendon Disorders
  • Tendon Injuries
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Trochanteric Bursitis
  • Ultrasound-Guided Injection
  • Ultrasound, Musculoskeletal
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Disorders

Dr. Kirk's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kirk

Dr. Kirk?
My initial appt with Dr. Kirk was for knee problems that I have had for 40 years. I have had 2 scopings to repair torn meniscus, leaving me with only about 30-40% of the meniscus in that knee. I've been to 3 specialist clinics and received very painful injections into the knee over the past 15 years. I was able to get an appt with Dr. Kirk, a new Orthopedist in one of those clinics. They didn't have the newer med I wanted injected, but he ordered it and just injected it today. I have never had this procedure done without a good deal of very uncomfortable pain, but I am pleased to say this time there was almost no pain and that was only to anesthetize the region first. I highly recommend Dr. Kirk as a very caring and careful physician, who spent plenty of time explaining his procedure, the knee condition, expectations, etc. For this procedure, from the time I entered the external office until I walked out took only 25 minutes.
Dan B Wood – Aug 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
I saw Dr. Kirk this week for my ongoing shoulder pain. It was apparent he was very experienced and knowledgeable. I’ve known he is the doctor for many high profile athletes, and he and his staff made me feel like I was one of them. My shoulder is already on the mend. Thank you to you Dr. Kirk and your amazing staff!
ML – Mar 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
Dr. Kirk is very kind, personal, smart, and knows what he's doing. I originally went to a different orthopedic with pain in my hip whom administered a joint injection. After little relief I was referred to Dr. Kirk for a second opinion. Dr. Kirk found that the source of my pain upon examination wasn't my hip joint after all, but was a muscle issue. He completed a procedure in my muscle, gave me at home instructions and within a day I was feeling much relief. He was very thorough. I will be referring everyone I know to him!
Feb 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
I had severe tendonosis in my right shoulder along with a few small tears in my rotator cuff. I went to Dr. Kirk who treated me for about a year. We decided to go through with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) procedure. It has been one year since the procedure and the chronic pain is gone. I can play volleyball, tennis, and raquetball again.
Ken P – Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
I am Ballet Major up at the University of Utah and while dancing one day early in September, I rolled my ankle. Days later I had shooting pain in my left ankle. After going through a bit of physical therapy to help recover my ankle it progressively hurt less. But by January of 2020 my ankle still had some pain. This concerned me, so I was advised by a friend to see Dr. Kirk. My experience was great when I went to my appointment! The women at the front desk were very clear at explaining and answering any questions that I had. Once I met Dr. Kirk, I could immediately tell that he was a very sociable, kind, and humble man. He was very good at being detail oriented when trying to figure out exactly where my ankle hurt. He also was very straight forward yet knowledgeable when explaining to me what might have been the case with my ankle. He was also kind enough to give my ankle an X-Ray and an ultrasound. In the end he sent me out the door with the confidence that my ankle will be ok!
Dakota King – Jan 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
Dr Kirk is an incredibly personable doctor. He takes time to explain your problem and potential solutions in easy to understand ways so that you able to make a decision you are comfortable with. He did an excellent job in setting and casting our son's broken arm and it has healed wonderfully. Would recommend Dr Kirk to anyone.
Ben – Dec 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
Dr. Kirk was very patient, kind, and listened to all my symptoms before recommending treatment options. I wish I would have seen him sooner as my shoulder has been hurting me for some time. My previous doctor was quick to recommend surgery without first trying other non-invasive methods. I am very glad I found Dr. Kirk and switched over to his care. He is very knowledgeable and up-to-date with all the latest procedures and information. I had my son also see him and the other members of his team for a back injury during football and was very pleased with the treatment and the results. I highly recommend Dr. Kirk and his staff. I am happy to have found a doctor who cares about me and my family, and is willing to spend the time needed to educate me and make me feel comfortable about the best course of action. Thank you Dr. Kirk!
Fabian – Oct 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
Dr Kirk is not only extremely skilled and knowledgeable in orthopedics, but is also a kind and caring person. He explained things very clearly and gave us great advice moving forward. Excellent doctor!
Apr 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
Dr. Kirk was very thorough and knowledgeable in our visit. I’ve been training athletes for 25 years in gymnastics (seen many MD) and couldn’t find the right sports medicine doctor to take my own kids to (as well as refer my clients to) . our former doctor (Dr. Toronto ) had passed away few years back . After brushing threw a handful of other doctors, Not finding what I was looking for, I’m very pleased with Dr. Kirk and will be using him for my own kids and referring my clients .
Apr 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
Was very helpful and explained the info very well
Mar 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
This years misfortune for our HS Senior as he was injured in a football game, turned into a most impressive experience as delivered by Dr. Kirk and his team. Post game at his office for ultrasound of the elbow he ruled out the need for Tommy John surgery, an appointment was made for a Saturday MRI verifying treatment. PRP injection suggested and completed by Dr. Kirk with great success enabling a return to play in <4weeks. Impressive communication and bedside manners, Dr. Kirk!!
Kjell Holen in Draper, UT – Nov 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
This doctor is very good at what he is doing. He has allowed me the ability to speak and talk with him. He respects my time so I turn I respect his!
Gerry Fransen Robinson in salt Lake City – Aug 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
I have been to three different doctors about my hallux limitus before speaking with Dr. Kirk. He consulted with me about my history, what I would like to see done and what would most likely be effective with what I have experienced so far. I had received 2 cortisone shots before, but not ultrasound guided ones. He used ultrasound and got it directly in the joint. This is the first pain relief I have felt.
Bryan in Bluffdale – May 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
Dr. Kirk and his team were amazing. They got me in quickly , listening to my concerns and they made me feel comfortable. They’re competent and compassionate. I’ll highly recommend them.
Kemari Bailey in Draper, Utah – Jan 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
Dr. Kirk has worked on four of my kids who have all played sports in school. He has always been patient and professional and makes sure we fully understand the problems and treatment path. I strongly recommend Dr. Kirk and would not consider taking my kids to anyone else.
Jim Sterzer in Salt Lake City, Utah – Dec 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
Dr. Kirk is one of THE best sports doctors I have ever been to. Dr Kirk is PATIENT, SMART, BUSINESS LIKE, but still can joke around with you and keep you relaxed. Dr Kirk is a PROFESSIONAL that exceeds all expectations and is a SUPERIOR doctor.
David in Salt Lake City, UT – Dec 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
Our family has been seeing Dr. Kirk for the last 5 years and he and his team are the absolute best! He has treated 4 of our athletic children for a variety of issues such as sprains, torn shoulders, back injuries, knee issues and more. He is always thorough in his exams and explanations so we understand exactly what is going on. I also appreciate how he always maps out options for treatment and discusses them in detail. I can't say enough about how awesome he is. We won't see anyone else.
Richelle in Salt Lake City, UT – Dec 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
Great doctor! Answered all of our questions thoroughly and patiently. Very detailed in his explanations. His assistant Doug was awesome too. Highly recommended!
William Diaz in Sandy, UT – Oct 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
Dr kirk is wonderful. I refer all my friends and family to him. My spouse, my daughter and myself have been patients and have been very happy with our care. The office staff and nurses are very kind. Dr Kirk gives detailed information and good explanation for his treatment plans. We leave the office feeling knowledgeable about our diagnosis and confident in the treatment for our health problems.
Heather Yorgason in Salt Lake City, UT – Oct 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?
We only have 500 characters, which is not enough to describe how great Dr. Kirk is! All of our kids play sports and he keeps them in their game! From broken arms, to ankle sprains, to knee injuries, to physical therapy and beyond, he is very knowledgeable in getting them back into the game as quickly as possible without jeopardizing their ongoing health. He is highly skilled in knowing what needs to be done, and at explaining the injury and healing process in detail so we understand completely.
J Masina in Salt Lake City, UT – Oct 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Stephen Kirk, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kirk?

As a sports medicine physician, I have cared for athletes of all ages and in all levels of sport. I have been fortunate to be the team physician for professional, Olympic, collegiate and high school athletes and teams.  With these experiences an...Read more

• Sports Medicine