Dr. Stephen Incavo, MD

Dr. Stephen Incavo, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 59 years old

26 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Personal Bio

Dr. Incavo's Experience

See how Dr. Incavo's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Incavo

Dr. Incavo accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Incavo has admitting privileges.

Dr. Incavo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Incavo to family and friends
Dr. Incavo's Performance
Houston, TX |
Dr Incavo and staff are great. I had my hip replaced 2 weeks ago and I am already getting around with a cane and with so much less pain than prior to my surgery. Scheduling surgery, surgery and hospital stay went well, they have this orchestrated to an art. I will have my knees replaced by Dr Incavo in the coming years. I have spent maybe 30 minutes with Dr Incavo through the whole process which might seem like to little time to some, but he is an awesome surgeon. He will fix you.
in Houston, TX |
I had my right hip replacement on October 25, 2016. Dr. Incavo used the posterior procedure. My recovery has been excellent, when compared to friends who had Anterior procedure, my recovery has been virtually identical. I have been painfree in right hip since day of surgery. I was chipping and putting in less than three weeks, and played 18 holes in seven weeks. I was so pleased with outcome, I am having surgery on left hip in ten days.
in Lake Charles Louisiana |
I'VE BEEN WITH Dr incavo now for 6yrs. He has given me my life back. I'm now 52 and was under a local Dr. In lake charles LA. Had a TKR . Was a horrible experience and was told I would have to just suffer, nothing else he can do.Went in for my hip replacement ck. up with Dr. Incavo. He spotted my bulky knee, he examined and took ex-rays on the spot and told me he can fix it and make it much better and By God's great works through him Dr Incavo did just that. I AM SO GRATEFUL TO Dr Incavo.
in Houston, TX |
Dr Incavo and the whole Methodist Hospital Team, including the Rehab Technicians did a wonderful job for me. I was afraid to replace my knees, but being able to walk and work normally again is a life changer. I am 75 but have had two "un-birthdays in a row due to Dr Incavo and Methodist support. I rehabbed both knees for several weeks and saw many others with the same operations but with different outcomes. If I were to pick the best knee I saw mine are tied for 1st.
in Houston, TX |
He is a man of few words but he projects warmth and explains the condition and required treatment so that the patient understands everything clearly and fully. I also need to comment on the fact that he looked where no-one else had thought of looking for over a year when I had been complaining of knee pain. In addition to x-raying my knee, he also x-rayed my hip and this disclosed the fact that I had a completely destroyed left hip and the pain I was experiencing was referred pain from my hip
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Incavo is an excellent surgeon! I had a complete hip replacement in early February, 2016. From start to finish, the whole process was fine-tuned, streamlined and very efficient. I had zero wait time in his office for both of my visits (pre-op and post-op). His staff is knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. The results have been better than I could have imagined. If I were to do it over again, I would have had Dr. Incavo perform the surgery sooner.
in La Porte, TX |
I had both knees replaced on Dec. 27th and came out of surgery with almost full range of movement. I was able to perform all therapy at home and returned to work 5 weeks later. Dr. Incavo is far the best in my mind.
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Incavo, MD?
Are you Dr. Incavo?

Compare Dr. Incavo

Dr. Incavo says...

Dr. Incavo is the chief of adult reconstructive surgery at Houston Methodist Hospital and he specializes in hip and knee replacement surgery, and the correction of failed joint replacement surgeries.

Dr. Incavo has been listed in the "Guide to America's Top Surgeons" and has written more than 80 specific articles and book chapters on hip and knee replacement surgery.  He is one of only a few surgeons worldwide to be a member of both The Hip Society and The Knee Society, and regularly presents his works at national meetings.

Dr. Incavo has been teaching residents and fellows his hip and knee surgery replacement techniques for more than 20 years.  He frequently serves as a guest lecturer for other orthopedic departments.  Dr. Incavo also serves as a primary referral source for complex reconstructive hip and knee problems and holds multiple industry patents.

Dr. Incavo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Incavo has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Incavo's Board Certifications

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture

Suny Upstate Medical University (Syracuse)

Graduated in 1983

University of Vermont

Completed in 1989

Colgate University

Graduated in 1979

Dr. Incavo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Incavo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery