Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Stephen Incavo, MD
Dr. Incavo is the chief of adult reconstructive surgery at Houston Methodist Hospital and he specializes in hip and knee replacement surgery, and the correction of failed joint replacement surgeries. Dr. Incavo has been listed in the "Guide to America's Top Surgeons" and has written more than 80 specific articles and book chapters on hip and knee replacement surgery. He is one of only a few surgeons worldwide to be a member of both The Hip Society and The Knee Society, and regularly presents his works at national meetings. Dr. Incavo has been teaching residents and fellows his hip and knee surgery replacement techniques for more than 20 years. He frequently serves as a guest lecturer for other orthopedic departments. Dr. Incavo also serves as a primary referral source for complex reconstructive hip and knee problems and holds multiple industry patents.

6445 Main St # 2500

• Molina Healthcare
  • National Elevator

Learn about Dr. Incavo

Dr. Incavo's Experience

Dr. Incavo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open

• Colgate University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1979
  • SUNY Upstate Medical University (Syracuse)
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Med Center Hospital Vt
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Med Center Hospital Vt
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988
  • University Of Vermont
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Incavo has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Incavo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Incavo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Incavo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Incavo to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Incavo's Performance
in Baytown, TX |
I have a problem with my right hip. Had an appointment with Dr. Incavo in Houston. Do not recommend him for hip replacement procedure. Main issue: Dr. Incavo is using old technique (posterior cut) where he needs to cut several muscles from the place you sit on, and reattach them again. His argument is that this way allows him to have a better view. Presently the new technique that is being used is anterior where no muscles are cut and incision is made on the front of the leg.
in Rosharon, TX |
Dr. Incavo replaced my left hip on May 8 of this year. He was highly recommended by two other Drs. I know at Methodist. He is an excellent surgeon and I felt very confident he would do a great job. He is serious abut his profession. He made a Small incision, very minimally invasive and my recovery went well thanks to my wonderful in home and out patient therapy. One day in the future I will need my other hip done and I will choose Dr. Incavo again.
Houston, TX |
Often a relationship with a surgeon is a very short one -- and Dr. Incavo and his staff made it feel as though we had a long relationship that would continue. His staff is particularly knowledgeable and friendly, and I got an extremely good result from my total hip replacement. He is an excellent surgeon.
Houston, TX |
Dr Incavo and staff are great. I had my hip replaced 2 weeks ago and I am already getting around with a cane and with so much less pain than prior to my surgery. Scheduling surgery, surgery and hospital stay went well, they have this orchestrated to an art. I will have my knees replaced by Dr Incavo in the coming years. I have spent maybe 30 minutes with Dr Incavo through the whole process which might seem like to little time to some, but he is an awesome surgeon. He will fix you.
in Houston, TX |
I had my right hip replacement on October 25, 2016. Dr. Incavo used the posterior procedure. My recovery has been excellent, when compared to friends who had Anterior procedure, my recovery has been virtually identical. I have been painfree in right hip since day of surgery. I was chipping and putting in less than three weeks, and played 18 holes in seven weeks. I was so pleased with outcome, I am having surgery on left hip in ten days.
in Lake Charles Louisiana |
I'VE BEEN WITH Dr incavo now for 6yrs. He has given me my life back. I'm now 52 and was under a local Dr. In lake charles LA. Had a TKR . Was a horrible experience and was told I would have to just suffer, nothing else he can do.Went in for my hip replacement ck. up with Dr. Incavo. He spotted my bulky knee, he examined and took ex-rays on the spot and told me he can fix it and make it much better and By God's great works through him Dr Incavo did just that. I AM SO GRATEFUL TO Dr Incavo.
in Houston, TX |
Dr Incavo and the whole Methodist Hospital Team, including the Rehab Technicians did a wonderful job for me. I was afraid to replace my knees, but being able to walk and work normally again is a life changer. I am 75 but have had two "un-birthdays in a row due to Dr Incavo and Methodist support. I rehabbed both knees for several weeks and saw many others with the same operations but with different outcomes. If I were to pick the best knee I saw mine are tied for 1st.
in Houston, TX |
He is a man of few words but he projects warmth and explains the condition and required treatment so that the patient understands everything clearly and fully. I also need to comment on the fact that he looked where no-one else had thought of looking for over a year when I had been complaining of knee pain. In addition to x-raying my knee, he also x-rayed my hip and this disclosed the fact that I had a completely destroyed left hip and the pain I was experiencing was referred pain from my hip
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Incavo is an excellent surgeon! I had a complete hip replacement in early February, 2016. From start to finish, the whole process was fine-tuned, streamlined and very efficient. I had zero wait time in his office for both of my visits (pre-op and post-op). His staff is knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. The results have been better than I could have imagined. If I were to do it over again, I would have had Dr. Incavo perform the surgery sooner.
in La Porte, TX |
I had both knees replaced on Dec. 27th and came out of surgery with almost full range of movement. I was able to perform all therapy at home and returned to work 5 weeks later. Dr. Incavo is far the best in my mind.
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Incavo, MD?
Are you Dr. Incavo?