Dr. Stephen Hindes, MD

Dr. Stephen Hindes, MD

Family Medicine  |

Stephen Hindes, MD, MPH is a Board-Certified Family Physician who has been practicing in Englewood, Colorado for over ten years, and in the Denver area for over twenty-three years. He is a graduate of the University of North Carolina School of Medicine where he earned both his M.D. and his Master's degree in Public Health. He then completed his residency at the University of Colorado Hospital in 1995 where he served as the chief resident. He went on to practice in the Denver area for nine years before establishing Healthy Futures in 2004. His focus is on evidence-based health care. Dr. Hindes has been very involved in local and national discussion of health care reform. He appeared on the McNeil/Lehrer Newshour as a consultant on international comparisons of health care systems and served for thirteen years as a lecturer in the Department of Public Policy at the University of Denver. Dr. Hindes has done extensive volunteer work both locally and internationally. He lived for four-teen months in 1986-87 with the Kikuyu people of central Kenya where he built one of the largest libraries in the region. He enjoys all seasons in Colorado—he and his two sons snowboard, camp, hike and explore Colorado every chance they get.

Healthy Futures, PC

300 E Hampden Ave Ste 201

Englewood, CO 80113

• American Republic
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Hindes

Dr. Hindes' Experience

Dr. Hindes' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

• Heart Disease
  • High Cholesterol
  • Injuries
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

• Abortion

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University of North Carolina At Chapel Hill
  • University of Colorado Health Sciences Center - Rose Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Regl Institute For Health Leadership Denver University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Hindes has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hindes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hindes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hindes' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hindes to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Hindes Says:

Patient care and positive health outcomes are our number one priority. We value your opinions and appreciate your personal involvement in managing your healthcare.

We take our Patient Satisfaction Scores very seriously. We strive to make every office visit a positive experience.  We understand that sometimes patients may experience a less than

...

Dr. Hindes' Performance
    GOOD
in CO |
I am so thankful I didn't listen to the negative reviews about Dr Hindes. I was 30 minutes late to my appointment but was still taken well care of. The office was polite and friendly. The Dr had come in and explained everything I needed to know. By the time he was done explaining everything, I knew what I wanted to do and what was going to be done in the procedure. I went in alone so I'm glad I had such a genuine, safe, and understanding Dr. theres no doubt I recommend Dr Hindes.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Hindes and his wonderful staff made a difficult situation much easier. They worked with me to get billing issues addressed and follow up care was great when i had questions/concerns. Thank you.
Broomfield, CO |
Dr Hines is a very compassionate man. His staff as well. Was referred here for a tragic situation that was utterly heart breaking for us. The entire time I was there I was shaking and sobbing. When the Dr came in he couldn't have been more compassionate. He talked to us for a long time about our feelings, what to expect, he understood I was scared and so so so sad. The way he spoke and the extra comfort he gave made all the difference to us. Dr Hines I don't know if you read these, but thank you
Denver, CO |
Went to make the toughest decision of my life yesterday. I so left after watching him chase after a disabled woman. Like omg I sat with caring for her bae. She was clearly upset over her care and I'm not trusting him with mine and think it was all for the best. She had a cane caring for like 2 boys So my what if moment
DENVER, CO |
Dr. Hindes care was outstanding. His womens' clinic is providing an amazing service to women in need, and he is comforting and helpful to them. I am extremely grateful I found him.
in Denver, CO |
I made my appointment for 1:30, and was 10 minutes early. At about 2:00 I asked why everyone else was being seen before me, who had been waiting for much less time, and they told me it was due to a policy they have (which was never explained to me) that they tell you your appointment is a half hour prior to when it actually is. Which means they will tell you 1:30, when it is actually at 2:00. At 2:20, an hour later, I asked for my copay back, as I had to leave back to work, still not seen by Dr
in Denver, CO |
Dr.Hindes and his employees defenitley made my visit very comforting. He was there to answer my questions and respond to my statements. He interacted and cared when he was seeing me, I would recommend this man to be anyones doctor!(: Thank you so much.
Dr. Hinders has been My Dr. For quite a few years. I would not change a thing. No matter what the issue, Dr. Hindes is very professional, understanding, and willing to go the extra mile to meet and treat all of my medical concerns and treat them accordingly without judging. Very polite and courteous staff with clean office as well. I highly recommend this Dr. Thank You Dr. Hindes. Brenda Hall
Pretty bad. Rude, incompetent staff. Was attempting to be diagnosed without them actually knowing what was happening with me. Was informed that if I had scenario A, I could take their only option which would yield a 40% success rate and most likely require me to go to the ER for Emergency surgery to have a tube removed. Was laughed at when asking questions.
in Aurora, CO |
Dr. Hindes is an excellent doctor . He talks and explains and listens to you . I've never felt more comfortable with a doctor before . Great job !!!!
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Hindes, MD?
Are you Dr. Hindes?

Blue Advantage Plus
    Blue Advantage Plus HMO
    Blue Advantage PPO
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
    Advantage Plus
    Choice Care
    Choice Care HMO
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
    Standard Nationwide Standard