Dr. Stephen Hillis, MD

Dr. Stephen Hillis, MD

Family Medicine  |
46 reviews

• First Choice Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Group Health Cooperative
  • Health Net
  • LifeWise
  • Moda Health
  • Premera Blue Cross
  • Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield

Personal Bio

Dr. Stephen Hillis opened his private practice January 1st, 2015 at Seven Hills Medical Group. He is excited to...Read more

Dr. Hillis' Experience

See how Dr. Hillis' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hillis

Dr. Hillis accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Hillis has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hillis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hillis to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Hillis' Performance
in Puyallup, WA |
My wife went from bad to worse being treated by this physician. Prescribed hypothyroid medication for a 'potential' hyperthyroid issue. Numbers were fine. Prescribed xanax, lexapro and other drugs that are not good for someone diagnosed with bipolar. Would not call me back (husband) when I had serious concerns. More concerned with his 250-300 dollar bill for 15 minutes then helping my wife. One look he should've referred a psychiatrist as he clearly isn't one. This is my review, not my wifes.
in Lakewood, WA |
I went to Dr Hillis as my Doctor retired after going to him for 30 years. After 1 year I changed insurance companies and presented my card to staff to make sure he took my insurance plan. I was told yes. He then ordered a colonoscopy and my insurance refused to pay because they said he did not take my plan. They did not take responsibility for their mistake and refused to speak to me after I wanted a valid explaination for this mistake. They blamed me for their mistake.
in milton |
They say laughter is the best medicine. Combine Dr Hillis' level of care and the laughter he brings along with his knowledge and bedside manner and you have a winning combination. My Dr retired and my wife suggested i go see her Dr Hillis and I'm glad i did. I feel very comfortable that my health is his number 1 priority. I did however lose my bell privileges.
in Gig Harbor |
Dr Hillis has always gone above and beyond what any other doctor has done. He is extremely intelligent and stays updated with all the newest in medicine. He is really into prevention and I really appreciate that about him. I love his new office space. Sandra at the front desk is so sweet. Can't imagine going anywhere else for excellent medical care.
in Lakewood, WA |
A kind and personable man, Dr. Hillis always takes the time to listen with genuine compassion. In the many years I've been his patient, I'm assured he understands my needs and truly cares about my health. He is a gifted physician. I can't imagine going anywhere else.
in Puyallup, WA |
staff drops the ball a lot, never takes responsibility and blames other doctor offices and patients. Doctor seems to mumble and not talk clearly, a little socially awkward. Seemed knowledgeable, but I need to be associated with people that are educated, can articulate and take responsibility when they make a mistake. I have bigger health concerns than a common cold, so I cannot lower my standards.
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Hillis, MD?
Are you Dr. Hillis?

Dr. Hillis says...

Dr. Stephen Hillis opened his private practice January 1st, 2015 at Seven Hills Medical Group.  He is excited to be able to provide the medical care that he feels that his patients deserve.

Dr. Hillis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice
  •  Malpractice claims in Washington not available

Dr. Hillis has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hillis' Board Certifications

• Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

Loma Linda University

Graduated in 1992

Santa Monica-Ucla Fam Prac

Completed in 1993

Santa Monica Ucla Med Center

Completed in 1995

Dr. Hillis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hillis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage