Dr. Stephen Herdman, MD

Dr. Stephen Herdman, MD

Family Medicine  |
Dr. Stephen Herdman, MD is a family medicine specialist in Bellingham, WA and has been practicing for 34 years. He graduated from Oregon Health Sciences University in 1984 and specializes in family medicine.Read his story

3015 Squalicum Pkwy Ste 120

Bellingham, WA 98225

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Herdman

Dr. Herdman's Experience

Dr. Herdman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Herdman's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Herdman "I grew up in Oregon. My training path included studying biochemistry at Pacific Lutheran University and medical school at Oregon Health Sciences University in Portland, Oregon. I completed my family practice residency at Tacoma Family Medicine, which is affiliated with the University of Washington. Along the way I completed medical relief work and study in Taos, New Mexico, Northern India, and Honduras. I practiced for two years in Okanogan County in north central Washington, where I was chief of staff at North Valley Hospital. I am board certified in family medicine and am a fellow of the American Academy of Family Physicians. My wife Liz and I moved to Whatcom County in 1989 to open a private solo practice, which she managed. We helped create Squalicum Family Medicine in 1991 and Family Care Network in 1999. I am the chairman of the contracting committee for Family Care Network. My areas of interest include pediatrics, adult preventative medicine, procedural medicine, and developing technology for medical applications within family medicine. I very much enjoy my work as a family physician, and consider it an honor and a privilege. In my time away from the practice, I am an avid cyclist, skier, runner, and fly fisher. My wife and I raised our three children here in Whatcom County. As a family we enjoy skiing, backpacking, cycle touring, and traveling together. I feel quite fortunate to practice medicine in Bellingham as a member of Family Care Network. "

This content was provided by Dr. Herdman "I very much enjoy my work as a family physician, and consider it an honor and a privilege."

• Family Practice

• Immunization
  • Liver Function Test
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Pacific Lutheran University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Oregon Health Sciences University
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • Tacoma Family Medicine, University of Washington
  • American Academy of Family Physicians
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Herdman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Herdman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Herdman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Herdman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Herdman to family and friends
based on 6 total reviews (2 with comments)

Dr. Herdman's Performance

Scheduling
Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time

Dr Herdmen presents a practical approach to family medicine. He is great with my kids and is very easy to talk to.

We are always appreciative of any feedback. Feedback supplies us with information that assists in reviewing our processes to ensure we are providing the best service possible for our patients. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

He's FABULOUS!! He listens, he acts, he's just great!!! I've been a patient for over 10 years and I'm always impressed with my visits.