Dr. Stephen Hamilton, MD

Dr. Stephen Hamilton, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Eye Consultants of Atlanta 3225 Cumberland Blvd SE Ste 900, Atlanta, GA 30339 Get Directions

I strongly believe in the "old fashioned" doctor-patient relationship, and strive to deliver superior medical and surgical eye care with the highest level of professionalism and compassion.Read more

Dr. Hamilton's Experience

See how Dr. Hamilton's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hamilton

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Hamilton has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hamilton's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hamilton to family and friends
Dr. Hamilton's Performance
Alpharetta, GA |
For anyone who has successfully worn glasses/contacts their entire life and has pondered but never decided to do LASIK, this review is for you. I highly recommend Dr. Hamilton as your doctor, and I will explain. I am a Ph.D. scientist so question just about everything, and certainly wanted to minimize any margin for error with respect to my eyes. Without contacts, I could not see well past a few feet, with ~ -7 diopter in both eyes. Glasses at 6 years old then contacts from high school until my
in Atlanta, GA |
Had new symphony lens put in with amazing results. I can see better than I ever have. Dr Hamilton and his staff are the best...
in Douglasville, Ga. |
Doctor Hamilton removed cataracts from my eyes 7/14/05 and inserted Restor lenses I have had 20/20 vision for 11 years. I do not require glasses and I am 73 years old.. After the surgery I was amazed that I could see so clearly. I had worn glasses from the age of 10 until age 20 when I switched to contact lenses. I am extremely pleased with my results. I have referred several friends to him. I travel a good distance to get to his office and my husband is not happy about that.
in Cartersville, GA |
Dr. Hamilton is very compassionate. He doesn't rush, answering any and all questions. He and his staff exhibit all you could hope for in a health care team.
in Marietta, GA |
I was one of his first surgery patients when he did a corneal transplant on my right eye in 1994. It is still perfect! Recently he did a cataract surgery on my left eye and now it sees 20/15, which is remarkable. He has been treating me for the past 22 years for various other conditions and I am very pleased with all aspects of his treatments and his obvious concern for my wellbeing. He is very friendly and answers questions thoroughly. I consider him a great friend and highly recommend him.
in Royston, GA |
Very skilled, friendly and thorough. I was anxious about my cataract surgery. He took time to answer all of my questions. He covered everything thoroughly.
in Canton, GA |
Dr. Hamilton has worked so hard with me over the last 5-6 years. My situation with Kereatoconus was a real challenge and Dr Hamilton resolved it with the correct surgery and lens implants for me. Wow what a difference in my life. I now have friends and family making appointments to receive the same care that I did. Congratulations Dr. Hamilton on a Job Well Done!
in Atlanta, GA |
Excessive wait times . . . unapologetic and rude nurse assistant . . . on two most recent visits my wait has been almost an hour . . . I left without seeing the doctor on the second visit. Staff offered no pre-emptive information, apology, or explanation . . . and Dr.'s nurse assistant was unapologetic and almost indignant when I questioned the long delay to see the doctor. She accused me of having an "attitude", without realizing it was her with the attitude. Projection, anyone?
There is nothing I can say to make this right, but I do want to apologize. I like to give my patients all the time that they need and unfortunately that can be unpredictable. I do respect your time. I am human and a patient as well. I do all that I can to stay on schedule but it's just not always possible as a doctor who does complex cases and accepts emergencies.This obviously was not handled respectfully by my staff and believe me we have talked about it! I am sorry. Regards, Steve Hamilton
Have you seen Dr. Stephen Hamilton, MD?

Compare Dr. Hamilton

Dr. Hamilton's Care Philosophy

Dr. Hamilton's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

• Patients Choice Award, 2008-2010
    • Compassionate Doctor Recognition, 2010
    • Best Doctors In America-peer selected, 2001-2011

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hamilton's Board Certifications

Eye Cons Atlanta Piedmont Hospital

Completed in 1994

Auburn University

Graduated in 1984

Dr. Hamilton does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hamilton and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Clear Lens Extraction
  • Coreoplasty
  • Cornea Surgery
  • Cornea Transplant
  • Descemet Membrane Endothelial Keratoplasty (DMEK)
  • Descemet's Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty (DSAEK)
  • Descemet's Stripping With Endothelial Keratoplasty (DSEK)
  • Excision or Destruction of Lesion of Cornea
  • Eye Examination
  • Eye Procedure
  • Eye Surgery
  • Intraocular Lens Implant Surgery
  • LASIK
  • Laser Surgery
  • No-Stitch Corneal Transplantation (DLEK)
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Pterygium Surgery